• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2022

Patriot

Flashaholic
365k.

Going from orange peel to smooth reflector is usually a huge difference.
I think it really depends on how severe the orange peel is. I don't have one with an OP reflector so I guess I'll have to go find a picture of one.

EDIT: I just some some pictures of the OP reflector. It does looks quite textured. Perhaps with a small die like the SFT40, it's greatly effected. Fun to guess and learn! Looking forward to the answer.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
WOW those cave photos are amazing. Must be scary as heck to sleep there at night. Is that a natural Cave?
Thanks, yes all natural caves, formed by underground lava flows, supposedly 700,000 years ago. They're about a mile in length. I've never spent the night in there but I don't think there's any restrictions to doing so. When we went there was no one else there. I've hiked the caves by myself but it would be a good mental challenge to sleep there by myself. Overnight with a buddy would probably be fun though. The lack of any sound is what's weird. You can only hear your breath and your heartbeat when your still. Sometimes and occasional water drip depending on where you're at.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Soooo...OP cut throw in 1/2 255Kcd.
CRAZY loss huh?
Winner please email me ;-)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Patriot

Flashaholic
Just modded Weltool W4vn Pro and got 440L bump to 585L which is a NEW record!! But 2.3Mcd only bump to 2.7Mcd.
Weltool does have Excellent build quality.
I'm assuming this means that it went from 440L to 585L, not that it increased in lumen output by 440L?

Do you have a favorite LEP in overall quality, performance and size that you would take with you in your truck or on an overnight trip?

Patriot

Flashaholic
CRAZY loss huh?
That's really interesting. I never would have guessed anything close to that. Fun experiment though, Vinh. Thanks for sharing the results and cheers to the lowest guess!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm assuming this means that it went from 440L to 585L, not that it increased in lumen output by 440L?

Do you have a favorite LEP in overall quality, performance and size that you would take with you in your truck or on an overnight trip?

For LEP I could not careless about build quality. Its all about peak intensity for me. In that regards L2KD stock or modded has been the only fullsize LEP I take out nowadays. For smaller lights I really like the FW2vn.

However in general FW1vn Ti and W4vn Pro will have the best build quality and good performance too.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Factory MK38 VS Factory X50 V2
Both Neutral 70.2
Which one would you prefer?
ezgif-2-213605e660.gif
image2.jpeg
g.jpeg
imafge0.jpeg

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The acebeam has a better tint and a bit more throw it seems like. Could see detail in real life more clearly. But the mk38vn seeems to be brighter. Washing things out a bit.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
CRAZY loss huh?

Wow I would have never guess by 1/2. I knew it was gonna make a huge difference, hence the low kcd that I guessed. Well I'm glad they released the smooth reflectors, I ll take much more throw than a smoother beam profile.
Thank you for giving us a fun great opportunity to win a gift! Much appreciate you and your generosity! Email sent

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The acebeam has a better tint and a bit more throw it seems like. Could see detail in real life more clearly. But the mk38vn seeems to be brighter. Washing things out a bit.

MK38 throws more and is brighter. Tint on both are identical in person.
Biggest diff is likely just size.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Wow I would have never guess by 1/2. I knew it was gonna make a huge difference, hence the low kcd that I guessed. Well I'm glad they released the smooth reflectors, I ll take much more throw than a smoother beam profile.
Thank you for giving us a fun great opportunity to win a gift! Much appreciate you and your generosity! Email sent

yeah I wouldn't believe 50% intensity loss..

Patriot

Flashaholic
The difference in brightness between the two is really something. I'm kind of glad I went with the MK38 but there are a few other things like I like better, like the improved mass, on this type of light. The other big stopper for me is the built in battery packs. I made mistakes with these types of lights 10 years ago and I'll never go back to proprietary, none user replaceable battery packs/cells. It causes me pass on some lights that I would otherwise find very interesting but no regrets since adopting this personal rule.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The mk38vn is just so versatile. So many led options and with the new smooth reflector and fan is a game changer. The handle that comes with the flashlight is awesome too. I have another light witj similiar handle, and it makes carrying the light so much more desirable. Its takes the weight and grasping of a flashlight. Almost like your not even holding a flashlight.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The difference in brightness between the two is really something. I'm kind of glad I went with the MK38 but there are a few other things like I like better, like the improved mass, on this type of light. The other big stopper for me is the built in battery packs. I made mistakes with these types of lights 10 years ago and I'll never go back to proprietary, none user replaceable battery packs/cells. It causes me pass on some lights that I would otherwise find very interesting but no regrets since adopting this personal rule.
I too love individual cells.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just tested a MK38vn with SFT40 with OP reflector VS smooth reflector.
Smooth was about 500Kcd.
What do you think OP reflector is?

Whoever is closest wins a light :)
My mystery surprise giveaway light came and it's a lil beauty. Thank you Vinh, I love it. It reminds me of a .45 round. I love the touch and feel of this, it's so darn smooth with no rough cutouts. And this rustic polished version looks awesome. It has this dope camo pattern design. The beam profile is a perfectly round diffused beam, very similiar to a zoomed out zoomie. I'll be carrying or actually should I be saying, I'll be wearing this light on my necklace cus it looks so sick.

Attachments

• 6C8733B6-39C6-451B-8E4E-E103828C5B86.jpeg
    6C8733B6-39C6-451B-8E4E-E103828C5B86.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
My mystery surprise giveaway light came and it's a lil beauty. Thank you Vinh, I love it. It reminds me of a .45 round. I love the touch and feel of this, it's so darn smooth with no rough cutouts. And this rustic polished version looks awesome. It has this dope camo pattern design. The beam profile is a perfectly round diffused beam, very similiar to a zoomed out zoomie. I'll be carrying or actually should I be saying, I'll be wearing this light on my necklace cus it looks so sick.

I wanted to send you something different. Glad you like it.