The Official EagleTac G25C2 thread.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Looks like a nice light.

Could anyone who's got one confirm if it switches on and off instantly or is there a slight delay when switching on as with the P20 / T20 series ?

t-ph

Newly Enlightened
Does the Enerpower+ have a very wide or shallow button top? If so, the lights physical reverse polarity protection may be preventing the accu from making good contact.

No, but Enerpower+ 3100mah is quite long battery I think. Could that be reason? I got Lumilight 2900 mah battery from my flashlight seller and I think that battery works fine. Very weird.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Looks like a nice light.

Could anyone who's got one confirm if it switches on and off instantly or is there a slight delay when switching on as with the P20 / T20 series ?

I cannot detect any appreciable delay - it appears to turn straight on.

In the same sort of vein, there is normally no pre-flash when switching on at a low level. If you start in a strobe mode, and then switch quickly to low, the light seems to have to 'catch up' with your choice, and switches from strobe to high, and then drops to low, but switching from off to low has no flash, and leaving a short pause between turning off in strobe and then turning on in low will allow the light to turn on in low.

No, but Enerpower+ 3100mah is quite long battery I think. Could that be reason? I got Lumilight 2900 mah battery from my flashlight seller and I think that battery works fine. Very weird.

Yes, length could be an issue. If the cell were too long, the tail cap could clamp down on the battery - and hence not screw in any further - before the tail cap has made really firm contact with the lights body.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Oh my goshh. I really want this light but does it throw better than fenix tk21 U2 which is 468l? I understand that tk21 has a bigger SMO reflector(40mm head) but as eagletac website says g25c2(32mm Semi-OP reflector) has 15k lux and tk21 only puts out 10k lux. It means it throws better but what about reality?:sssh: Another concern is about the digital regulation, most of the 1x 18650 flahslight thats above 500l seems to have heat protection(like a timer) or is not perfect regulated. I love my tk21 u2 but this eagletac seems outstanding. I definetly need a pocket clip and a diffuser and this eagletac has all I need.... What you guys think about it? I`m only a few clicks away to buy it.:huh:

Last edited:

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
I'm not qualified to talk about regulation, but can state that the G25C2 does have a timed step down on the highest setting for thermal protection. However, unlike most lights, you have the option of turning this timer off so that the light will not step down.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've run mine with an AW 18650 2100mah, Trustfire 2400mah, pair of Ultrafire 18500 unprotected (+1 extender), pair of AW 16340, AW 17670 unprotected, without the symptoms you are describing.

This is the configuration that I want to run, although I was thinking about buying AW 18500 protected batteries. Does anyone know if these will fit, or might they be too long?

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you want 2x18500? They have about 1500mAh each while there are 3000mAh 18650 cells already.
Oh my goshh. I really want this light but does it throw better than fenix tk21 U2 which is 468l? I understand that tk21 has a bigger SMO reflector(40mm head) but as eagletac website says g25c2(32mm Semi-OP reflector) has 15k lux and tk21 only puts out 10k lux. It means it throws better but what about reality?:sssh: Another concern is about the digital regulation, most of the 1x 18650 flahslight thats above 500l seems to have heat protection(like a timer) or is not perfect regulated.
1. G25C2 has 39,5mm head, 0,5mm less than TK21 so I believe they have similar reflectors. G25C2 will throw better because it's significantly brighter.
2. EagleTac has protection as well but you can turn it off.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, i was just told that g25c2 is brighter than thrunite tn10(single cell). I saw some pictures comparing tk21 and tn10 and then noticed the difference. Tn10 is much brighter! Now i have an idea of how g25c2 is compared to tk21 :)
I have good news. My G25C2 is on its way now! I hope to get it soon.

I just want to know if the redilast 2600 fits! As far as i know flat top cells like AW''s do. :/ what do you guys think? I intent to buy a pair tomorrow.

Last edited:

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
The G25C2 has physical reverse protection, so wide shallow buttons should be a no go. However, I've been able to use AW 3100mAh cells - which have a very similar button - without any issues. I can't say for certain about the 2600s, as I don't have any, but I would suspect that if the 3100s fit, the 2600s will too.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Im a bit afraid cuz seems like the top of the redilast has a bigger button.
Check it out
Redi008.jpg

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Redilast 3100's don't work in mine. Eagletac and AW 3100's both work. If the Redilast 2600 button is the same as the 3100 I think you're gonna need some different cells.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Thats good to know!I decided just to order more AW 2600mha. Thank you very much. :)

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Im a bit afraid cuz seems like the top of the redilast has a bigger button.
Check it out
Redi008.jpg

Apologies - you did clearly state you were interested in Redilast batteries, and for some reason I answered your question as if you had asked about AWs! Must have been tired I guess..... :ohgeez:

I have now checked Redilasts - again, I have the 3100 rather than the 2600 - and as Fitz stated, they do not work.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Thats okay Stephen Wallace. I noticed that misunderstood my question :) Thanks for testing the battery, it helped me a lot!

I bought the g25c2 and a 4 batteries extender. I really want to buy the filter but there is an ebay seller selling it for 35 bucks, i consider it very expensive. What do you guys think, should i wait a little longer to buy it cheaper? Is it getting cheap with the time? I bought the battery extender for 8 bucks and thought the filter would cost me something like 25 bucks tops. I didnt buy the whole kit because im not gonna use the 3 battery extender and now im regreting it somehow :/

What you guys think about it?

Last edited:

Riverwind

Newly Enlightened
Hi!. I've got my new ET g25c2 + kit, and I'm so happy with all the stuff. The light itself is great, and the holster, lanyard, filters, tubes... the only issue with the light would be a bit of yellow around the hotspot in the beam looking in a white wall...though in everyday use that shouldn't be noticeable.

I'd recommend this light to most people who want a 'good for all' light since it has a really great ballance in size, brightness, runtime, modes... maybe just a bit pricey specially the kit.

JML

Enlightened
Excellent light. I modified the Olight Battery Cartridge, which holds 2 CR123A batteries, to fit the EagleTac, by boring out the holes on both ends. The + end cap has an oval hole that prevented full contact with the pin on the head of the light, so it had to be rounded out first carefully, with a file. Then I used a step-tree drill bit, by hand, to enlarge the now-rounded hole. Smoothed the inner lip with some fine-grain Micromesh paper and plastic polish. I enlarged the - tail end hole a bit, too, but that wasn't really necessary.

Can anyone tell me if the EagleTac cartridge will fit in this light? And is it the same as the sleeve packed with the extension tubes?

Last edited:

erich995

Newly Enlightened
Just received the G25C2 (xm-l u2) and it is very sweet (purchased the kit too). If it was not for the kit I personally would not have bought the light. Side Note: they sent me two aluminum diffuser assemblies (BONUS!). At least I do not think they were supposed to send two?

I typically have 2 flashlights (1x18650) with me - one "thrower" and one averaged between "throw/flood/spill". This post does not get into flood versus spill so I am going to refer to these as diffused. This light will "most likely" replace my coveted Thrunite TN11 as primary. Now I have a great thrower and a high quality and no nonsense diffuser. What I mean by no nonsense is the diffuser integrates with the light perfectly. I dislike diffuser attachments you need to put in your pocket and attach when you need it (you either don't have it or lost it). This will also likely replace my Fenix TK21 for "flood/spill". I love my TN11 and TK21 so they would be put in alternate/backup locations (car/cabin/rv). I have been waiting forever for a thrower in the 1x18650 format with a "high quality" diffuser. I know my TN11 and TK21 will outperform in each scenario – but they are so close - and I am willing to change for one primary light. I will do some more of my own testing to see if I can deal with the differences. In my initial testing – the throw between TN11 and G25C2 seem to be negligible and the flood/spill (with diffuser) will meet my needs (of course the TK21 without diffuser is brighter). But my needs are foremost a thrower and secondary a flood/spill so that works for me.

Some notes – A) my aw 18650 flat tops do work in the light. B) With the kit - the case is super tight and hard to snap with the diffuser and tail cap assembly. Without the tail cap it fits a little better - but I would not trust it from turning on by accident. The good news is it fits in my TN11 holster fairly well (same fit as the TN11 – somewhat loose at the head). Also, the TN11 case is a lot smaller profile - albeit not as good as protection as the eagletac case. So I will have to purchase another TN11 holster or find another.
As people mentioned, the 20 clicks is a little ridiculous to setup modes­ – but I typically set mine once and roll with it. I set to regular mode (100, 35, 6, and .3) with the energy saving feature (although it doesn't seem to reduce by 20% after 200 seconds for some reason so I am still looking into) and the tail cap double on/off for strobe. This setup works well for me needs.

As you can tell I am super happy and a big fan of this light. I am hoping this light continues to stand up to my expectations – I have had lights before that I thought I liked and only had downstream problems. I have two different eagletacs and neither have had a problem – so I am hoping the same experience and longevity.
Now just waiting for my sunwayman V11r (should be here Wednesday) to see if that will replace my Jetbeam RRT-0 for pocket carry. I like the RRT-0, but have had a few minor issues with the light.

Last edited:

JML

Enlightened
I ordered the CR123A battery cartridge/sleeves, and the light won't work with them. I exchanged some e-mail with EagleTac, and I now wonder if it's the Panasonic batteries I'm using - I think the positive terminal may be just slightly shorter than other CR123A batteries, and the lip on the cartridge's positive end won't let the terminal stick out far enough (but swapping the orientation of batteries in the sleeve, and then reversing the sleeve's insertion, makes no difference). Can anyone check this out? All I have on hand are the Panasonics.

(Found two Duracells, which are made by Panasonic, and had the same results.)

Last edited: