The Official EagleTac G25C2 thread.

rico90

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for fast answers. What about the batteries? They should be ok? I think i take my chances start with this charger.

Regards
Rickard

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
The Eagletac lights use a physical reverse polarity solution - the positive contact at the head end of the light has a plastic surround that is slightly higher than the contact. This prevents the flat negative base of a battery from coming in to contact with the positive connection. What this does mean is that batteries with a flat positive end - or a very wide button - won't work in the light. There was some concern over the use of the higher capacity AW cells - 2600, 2900 and 3100mAh - as they have a fairly low, and quite wide, button.

You'll be pleased to know though that there are people in this thread that have tried the AW 3100mAh cell, and confirmed that it does work.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll be pleased to know though that there are people in this thread that have tried the AW 3100mAh cell, and confirmed that it does work.
Ya. It's weird that it actually works when Eagletac says no on their website. So far I have yet to hear anyone complaining that theirs won't work. Luckily so. I too have luck with 4Sevens Maelstrom G5 as well as X7, but some who owns it says that they don't get the 3rd and 4th level output.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Just to confirm, I have now tried two AW 3100mAh cells that I have recently received myself, and looking at how flat the positive contact is, I really wouldn't expect it to work with the Eagletac's reverse polarity protection. In fact, I'd be amazed if it did work..... but it does.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Comparable? 640 vs. 480lm and 17klux/1m vs. 12 klux/1m, Eagle-Tac should be "one step" brighter. Weird...
They both have the same brightness visually. I did ceiling bounce using the neutral white X7 and couldn't tell a difference.

res1cue

Newly Enlightened
Comparable? 640 vs. 480lm and 17klux/1m vs. 12 klux/1m, Eagle-Tac should be "one step" brighter. Weird...

I think at lumens that high, your eyes would have a hard time seeing a ~20% increase. I compared the two myself and couldn't really see a difference other than tint. Later looking in more detail and at longer ranges, it became obvious that the Eagletac is brighter and throws further.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you compared them side by side, you should have seen the difference, especially in throw. Maybe you compared them with G25C2 after stepdown? (20% off 640lm gives about 510lm)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't run my lights on max output for more than a few seconds and I am hard pressed to tell the difference in output between both the G25C2 and neutral X7.

qt11

Newly Enlightened
hey guys,

an G25C2 arrived from GG a few days ago and it looks like a pretty good light.

One issue that i am having is getting it into the secondary "regular" mode to give access to the 100%, 35%, 6% and 0.3% brightness.

I'm clicking on and off 20 times and to activate and the tailcap strobe setting coming on, however turning the light on and trying to get the regular mode isn't happening, turning the head just gets me the same options in the tactical mode, 100%, 10%, strobe and strobe....

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers
Alan

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to go to the 2nd mode before you start clicking away. On the head tightened first mode, 20 clicks will program the light for tailcap strobing with a double click from off.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
On/off cycle equals one time, so you actually click the switch 40 times. Also, make sure you're at level 2 when you're setting it. Not sure if that's the problem, but it should work.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
On/off cycle equals one time, so you actually click the switch 40 times. Also, make sure you're at level 2 when you're setting it. Not sure if that's the problem, but it should work.
You don't need to click the tail cap down exactly. You just need to tap (like momentary on) and release, tap and release for 20 times. It would be tiring to click through 40 times.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't need to click the tail cap down exactly. You just need to tap (like momentary on) and release, tap and release for 20 times. It would be tiring to click through 40 times.

Yes it was.... Wish I had known that then, thanks!!

qt11

Newly Enlightened
thanks guys, that's exactly what it was, i hadn't dialed into the 2nd level before clicking.... Thank you !! A

shipwreck

Enlightened
DRGN - I may have missed it - but are you using the G25C2 in the standard mode, or with the extra battery tube to get that comparison with the T20C2 Mk II. I apologize if I missed this being stated...

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
DRGN - I may have missed it - but are you using the G25C2 in the standard mode, or with the extra battery tube to get that comparison with the T20C2 Mk II. I apologize if I missed this being stated...
The extra batteries doesn't make it run brighter. It just gives it added run time.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. I thought that maybe it would edge it up a notch. Good to know...
I don't have the equipment to do a measurement of output now but visually they look the same. And according to Eagletac's website a 3 cell configuration would give you 50% more run time compared to a 2 cell configuration and the 4 cell configuration would give you 100% more run time. This would make it more suitable for people who would want to disable the battery saving feature.

USACelt

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking of replacing a Fenix TK40 with the G25C. Does anyone have both to compare ? Also, does anyone have an opinion on this plan. Have to justify buying another light by selling excess. The beam shots of the G25C look great, but not sure how much better than the Tk40 in person.

Thanks

edit: I just saw that the G25C2 is 630 ANSI lumens

Last edited: