The Official EagleTac G25C2 thread.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I also notice that when you turn the light on and you have it set on low before you turn the light on, it gives a very brief blast of brighter light (it appears to be the second level in terms of brightness, so 75 lumens, actually probably a little bit less, more like 30-40 lumens, and it is only for a fraction of a second).

Does this occur on the G25C2?

Anyone else have a G25C2 Mark II and also having this experience?

- Brad[/FONT]

This behavior is known as "pre-flash".
It is also seen on some lights by 4-sevens.

volvobrad007

Newly Enlightened
Beamshots on the way!!! I've already taken some, just gotta post them! Check back soon!

On Saturday night I went up to the vista point I call it (it's a big open field that is elevated, as well there are some mountains to test out throw :). However, the weather wasn't playing nice, I did get to test the lights out, but it was too foggy to get decent throw shots. (I will be returning to the vista point possibly tonight to see if the fog isn't there :)).

Last night I went out back and took some beam shots up to a high tree. I took quite a few pics, comparing different lights.

Here's the list of lights and different power outputs I used for comparison:

STRION LED (160 Lumen Version) - low, med, high
STRION LED (250 Lumen Version) - low, med, high
Polystinger DS (180 lumens I believe- I'll double check) - low, med, high
G25C2 Mark II - med, high, turbo
TK41 (860 Lumen Version) - med, high, turbo
LD20 Q5 - Turbo
Surefire 6P LED
LD12 - Turbo

Tonight I'll be doing another round of beamshots for sure at a shorter distance than the tree, allowing for spill comparison too :)

I'll be posting the tree beamshots shortly.

- Brad

***** Click on the thread below for beamshots. *****

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?343874-New-Eagletac-G25C2-MK2-1030-lumens-from-1x-18650&p=4038904&viewfull=1#post4038904

quantumboy7

Newly Enlightened
Christina at E.T. tells me that dealers will start receiving the G25C2 MKII in about 10 days.

Illumination Gear tells me that Eagletac was supposed to overnight a shipment of MKII to them yesterday. Eagletac has been behind (maybe due to high demand???). I'm hoping to receive mine this week. Brad, I'm really looking forward to your beam shots!!

james22

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know a good place to order the whole body extension and diffuser kit? I just ordered the mkII but I can't seem to find the accessory kit. Anyway, it'll be my first eagletac after dozens of surefires and fenixs and the second brightest after the coast lenser x21. very excited.

super-61-

Newly Enlightened
In case anyone is wondering Eagletac 18650 3400mah fits perfectly in the G25C2, believe there is mention of this battery on another thread still awaiting review, but so far so good. Also very impressed with G25 mk ii, build quality, throw and accessories. Extremely impressed! In response to your question Shelm: My untrained eyes find it difficult to see any difference between the tint of R5 and U2, if anything I would say R5 is slightly cooler if that is possible!

5tom

Newly Enlightened
Why hasn't anyone run 3 x 18650 batteries? The tech sheet clearly says it can run up to 3 hours on high with 3 x 18650 batteries using a XL extender tube.

Can I run 3 x 18650 batteries in total when using the 4-cell extender??

5tom

Newly Enlightened
I can understand it may be longer, as in my case it will be mounted to a rifle scope so it won't bother me.

what I really need to know is - can the mkii handle 3 x 18650 batteries with one 4-cell extender tube attached or do I need a 2nd 4-cell tube?

thanks

Shur

Newly Enlightened
I can understand it may be longer, as in my case it will be mounted to a rifle scope so it won't bother me.

what I really need to know is - can the mkii handle 3 x 18650 batteries with one 4-cell extender tube attached or do I need a 2nd 4-cell tube?

thanks

If I wanted to run this light with 3x18650s I would need the light and two EXT650 extensions.
I dont know what you mean by '4 cell extendor'.

Krzyshng

Newly Enlightened
With the 4 cell extender that is included with the accessory kit you are able to run 4 123 primarys or 2 18650s. I don't think you could add another extension for a third 18650 but admittedly I don't have another one to try.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

FireStik

Newly Enlightened
Just received my G25C2 Mk2 neutral yesterday. What a fantastic light. I like the neutral tint way better than any of my cool lights. I do wish it has a lower low, but it's not that big of a deal.

Just an FYI for new users - I couldn't get into the hidden/auxiliary mode after several attempts, but once I switched out of the tactical mode and into standard mode, it worked perfectly. I don't remember seeing that posted anywhere, so hopefully it'll help someone.

Thanks for all the info you guys have shared on this light. It really helped me narrow down my tactical light choices.

FireStik

Newly Enlightened
Question for those of you who own the neutral Mark II version....do you have a pre-flash on the lowest low? Mine is definitely visible, but only on the lowest setting. Semi irritating but not a huge deal.

DodgeyDIY

Newly Enlightened
Question for those of you who own the neutral Mark II version....do you have a pre-flash on the lowest low? Mine is definitely visible, but only on the lowest setting. Semi irritating but not a huge deal.

Yes some pre-flash here, not as noticeable as you make oput but it is there, i would say it is maybe 2nd level brightness.

on a more important note, has anyone noticed their protected 18650's cutting out on max mode? i cannot use turbo mode because my batteries switch it off as soon as i turn to it.

2x cr123 cells work perfect, but 123 cells in AUS are dangerously expensive ($12 each for lithium primaries)

FireStik

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I noticed the same thing with mine. With the pre-flash and now the turbo mode issue, I contacted Going Gear to see if mine was defective. They said no pre-flash on the one they tested so we're doing an exchange. After reading your message I'm no longer confident the new one will be any different than the one I'm returning.

I did a lot of research on this light, but I'm starting to wonder if my expectations were too high coming from the likes of JetBeam, Nitecore, and Sunwayman.

FireStik

Newly Enlightened
Yes some pre-flash here, not as noticeable as you make oput but it is there, i would say it is maybe 2nd level brightness.

on a more important note, has anyone noticed their protected 18650's cutting out on max mode? i cannot use turbo mode because my batteries switch it off as soon as i turn to it.

2x cr123 cells work perfect, but 123 cells in AUS are dangerously expensive ($12 each for lithium primaries)

I should add that if I start out in turbo mode it works fine, but if I go from high to turbo the light cuts off completely until I cycle the power switch. I didn't try it with CR123 or RCR123 cells. Edit: I tried it with RCR123 cells and it still cut out. The replacement flashlight didn't do that using the same cells, so mine appears to have been a defect in the flashlight itself.

Last edited:

FireStik

Newly Enlightened
The replacement light does not cut out when going from high to turbo, but the pre-flash is still just as visible. I asked my retailer if they intend to contact EagleTac to see if they would fix this defect, and they said no but if I contacted them myself I should let them know how it went. Thanks...

I subsequently contacted EagleTac and they said pre-flash issues are "rare", and they want me to send it to Hong Kong so they can look at it. I've already paid to ship my first defective light back to the retailer, which I don't think should be the customer's responsibility, and now I'm being asked to pay for shipping to Hong Kong and do without a light I use daily in my job. I sent EagleTac a reply asking if they can just send me a "working" replacement head, and I offered my credit card number to charge if they didn't receive mine back. No response yet, so we'll see.

Lake many of you, I get asked on a regular basis to recommend flashlights for all kinds of applications. The email I sent out several years ago has morphed into a very long and informative document that covers everything from LED types and battery chemistries to which models I recommend for different purposes. So far I'm having a difficult time adding this one to my list.