The PK products thread

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ thanks.
It's surprising to me that nobody has done that.
I kinda figured I was just the next one to do it.

1/2/16 afternoon edit:

PK FL2 #2 arrived (finally). It's #793. Nothing special about that number to me. But I put it away as the 'keeper' as the box has only been opened once.
So #842 is the user.

The stuff I read stated the box has 'made in china'. #842 had a small label over a big ole label. Well so did #793. Since #842 is the user I used a dampening technique to remove that big ole label and reveal how it left China.

^^ your basic before & after pic.

Me thinks these may have been the last couple hundred that were 'clearanced' then buyer put their own way of tracking on them.
(I paid $89 for each one. They retail for $190.)

Well later I'll get back to completing the removal of the remaining sticky stuff, then use my 'restoration' skills to put back missing letter from 'made in china' that I removed unwittingly.
Note dark areas in the pic are where the box was still wet.

As luck would have it the second set of labels are cemented with a water based product. Easy to remove if care is excersized.

It sure is nice to have a PK FL 2 LE in the rotation. And coming soon...a PK Warrior 2.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Rogue and Solo arrived.

They were ordered Pre- resolution...

See any Paul Kim influence here?

I consider these my "60's Maxwell Smarts apartment" lights.

The battery in the Rogue expired March last year yet still had juice. I'll use it until it flickers.
The supplied solo batteries were good until next year, yet only had enough juice to angrily flicker a 'hey buddy change the batteries' strobe.

Two fine lights added to the collection. At some point I'll gather up all my 'grey' lights and do a pewter light thread.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Another pre-'no more' resolution delivery...
Another that again reaks of a kinder/gentler/artsy Paul Kim...
Weeeellll except for that whole attached lanyard for a nun chuck thing...yup that's a PK light alright....

The Rogue 2.

^^ a green one! woohoo! $11.

Not only is it green, but it's a Radio Shack leftover

^^ yessssss
This one's staying in the package.

Maybe a gray one will become a user...but then there's that 'no more' resolution thing.

So much for the resolution thing.
Found more green ones and bought one more..to keep nip and one more to open....these are fun lights.

^^ 2 of the one on the right arrived.
Left one is the one sold at Radio Shack once upon a time.
Not sure what's what regarding packaging..were there different versions? Generations? Just updated packaging to increase sales?

^^ right on has more...pizazz...

That's it. Outta gift $, paypal account is empty and money tree is bare...

Edit: The Rogue 1 and 2 in Ninja mode...

That fertile mind of the oft misunderstood PK.

I'm still trying to figure out the Solo as a weapon scenario. It looks so.... gentle.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Something I'd missed with my FL 2 was an easy to miss feature that an leo carrying it unmounted would probably appreciate...

^^ this little detail...

^^ when gripped in this manner...

It just sucks your pinky in allowing it to rest comfortably in that slot.
The flat spots are spaced well for fingertip placement as well. Ensures that little extra something in a grim situation.

Holding it like that, the only discomfort those cnc knurls produced was on my ring finger just above where a ring would sit. It's un-noticed wearing a thin 'mechanix' style glove.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I read your post Chance and thought.... hmmm, good question.

#3 musta been some binge I was on because honestly I don't know when that one arrived. January?

But 4&5 were bought at the same to shut down the voice that kept saying "4 would be plenty."...figuring having 5 would keep another voice from showing up.
So far so good.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a "PK" product per-sae, but has his design written all over it...

The Icon Rogue 1.

Hey My Rogue 1 has his PK design written all over it for real :D
They came as a special kit cap badge & Rogue 1 with PK's mark.
Pk%20gear_zpstgxqzume.jpg

:thumbsup:

DK Demand Lab

Newly Enlightened
PR1 is one incredible flashlight. Very bright and easy to EDC.
I am going to get a PK2LE as well. It's a bummer that PK2LE is not Amazon Prime listed any more though..

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Switching gears... well actually switching automobiles...

The PK-TPE-BK:

Not your fathers Parker pen.

The black (bk) PK tactical pen- executive (tpe) is not your ordinary inkpen in ways that go way beyond the tactical aspects.
Looking at it your first impression may be that it looks like a surgical instrument for the psyopath. But in todays society where companies post signs telling the bad guys the building is full of sitting ducks disguised as office dwellers one has to decide how to defend ones self just in case.
Stapler? Not balanced. Letter opener? Banned by some companies; no dangerous objects rule. Adding machine? Yeah right. Computer mouse? Who are you kidding? That chain of paper clips is of no use. Smoking is banned so no ashtray to use as a throwing star (Jason Statham favorite). Hiding under the desk is out....

Enter the tactical inkpen.
But this deal is a real nice inkpen. Seriously. It's nice and weighty like those expensive pens when the screw on cap is attached. Writes well on todays recycled paper products where many pens struggle.
When you initially touch what you want to write on there is ink provided by the smooth writing ball point. No need to have something nearby to squiggle on to get it going. Rare in a non gel inkpen these days. Yet no smear like gel pens.

With the cap removed it is perfectly center weighted.

Cap fits well on the opposite end if you prefer.

Although it looks like a logo'd drill bit, it goes way beyond that.
The business end is carved out to fit the average finger in ways that allows it to become one with your fiinger tips. A very natural feel to the shapes as you write with the supplied Fisher space pen cartridge.

Not quite sure how the clip works tactically.
But it's form and function is very shirt pocket friendly.
Executives don't typically 'do pocket protectors' but opt for single stitch tailered linens or poly blends.
The curled end fits snug against the straight portion and the width allow it to gently slide on and off your pocket while not snagging loose threads.

End cap threads onto the business end.

Tip is gentle enough not to poke a hole in your pocket, but the shape is such that.... well.
And there is a (unseen in pic) hole through the tip to allow a nun-chuck producing lanyard attachment as well.

And incase you didn't know at a glance this is another well planned, well executed product from the fertile mind of PK , the trademark'd logo should seal that notion.

And heaven forbid worse comes to worse, you do at least have a potential kubotan instrument that may save your life in a darkened parking garage.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
That is as cool as penguin pee:cool: What an awesome design, yep PK is definitely a design god..............

If i was in school, i would be naughty just to get lines with that baby:laughing:

I must keep annoying the teacher so i can keep writing this with my new PK pen
I must keep annoying.....................

bykfixer

Flashaholic
That is as cool as penguin pee:cool: What an awesome design, yep PK is definitely a design god..............

If i was in school, i would be naughty just to get lines with that baby:laughing:

I must keep annoying the teacher so i can keep writing this with my new PK pen
I must keep annoying.....................

In the States this thing would get you expelled from school Ven.
They booted out a 7 year old for eating the edges of a pop to leave the remainder in the shape of a gun in a nearby community... permanently... as in never allowed in Chesterfield schools again.... it's that crazy over here these days.

My company just created a 'policy' in how to deal with 'active shooting situations' requiring us to 'run' lol. We are (by policy) not allowed to defend ourselves... no kidding.

Never one to play by the rules I figure if it comes down to it I'd rather be alive and unemployed than the alternative. Ya know?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I think our countries have a lot in common(on the crazy stuff).

Really love that, would go as far as saying its my fav tactical pen i have seen!

You have some great PK stuff going on there, nice family to be proud of for sure!

DK Demand Lab

Newly Enlightened
That tactical pen looks great. I wonder how easy or hard would it be to break windows/auto glasses with it.

BTW, I am also curious if the PKDL is going to produce illumination tools such as headlamps, wrist/watch lights, and etc. in the future.