The PK products thread

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I saw a floating latern on the PK facebook page.

Headlights and wristlights? I suppose if he ever rekindles his Icon brand or goes that route, then maybe?

Don't know that the executive pen has enough weight behind it for most to break auto glass. But if I were suddenly in a pond and the doors wouldn't open that would be in my top 5 things to reach for (if I had it with me).
It is more of a fine writing instrument with potential martial arts type of self defense tool using pressure points to subdue an attacker from a defensive posture.

Last edited:

DK Demand Lab

Newly Enlightened
I saw a floating latern on the PK facebook page.

Headlights and wristlights? I suppose if he ever rekindles his Icon brand or goes that route, then maybe?

Don't know that the executive pen has enough weight behind it for most to break auto glass. But if I were suddenly in a pond and the doors wouldn't open that would be in my top 5 things to reach for (if I had it with me).
It is more of a fine writing instrument with potential martial arts type of self defense tool using pressure points to subdue an attacker from a defensive posture.

I saw the lantern on his Facebook page too. That looks awesome. I wonder if it has been produced yet..
If I become more 'important' person (such as an executive), I will be sure to pick up one of them incase of a hostile situation between men in business attire. In the meantime, I will have to buy a PKFL2LE first lol.

Thanks for the comment.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
All of the products he sells are listed on the Amazon Bulls Eye Worldwide link he posted on page 2 of the PR-1 thread. The lantern is not shown there.
(I still check it often for his PL-2 1aaa pocket torch)
So I don't think it is in production yet... if so it's not being sold in the US yet.

The FL-2 is a sweet flashlight. If you have the $ you should certainly look into obtaining one.

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread makes my stomach hurt. I had been looking at PK for awhile and found one on a popular auction site. With about ten minutes left I asked him if he had heard of CPF and he said yes that the light had been listed there for sale for some time. (Don't know how I missed it). Anyway. Long story short I put in a bid I knew nobody would go over and someone did..... So although the winning bidder over paid by a ton I still missed out and could have just bought it here to begin with at a fair price. : (

ven

Flashaholic
I have been an admirer of PK's work for a while now, always appreciated the daring designs that stand out from the crowd. It was an honor to speak several times and a real gentleman.............. a down to earth cool dude gentleman!

Loved mr fixers PK family that is forever growing, i could get the attraction and to why with the history, designs etc and now it makes even more sense in the ano!

Well a HUGE thanks to PK, had a knock at the door this afternoon and a box passed to me.

Not got a clue about inside other than a PKDL discovery kit! I thought maybe a PK compass or a self defense sleeping bag! with attack pillow;)

Real early initial impressions bellow, few pics(i like pics!) and early thoughts so far on these tactical designed art work tools. As art is more for looking at than writing about, i will let pics do most of the talking rather than me:) I say art simply because of the bold, striking design which stands out from the norm. Its not flashlight use, its an occasion and you know your holding something designed by PK. For me personally, that in itself gives it that special aura .

Inside

The pen is stunning.........striking!

Very smooth retraction, really does feel comfortable in hand due to the head design having smooth arches. The index finger just sits naturally in place(like putting your foot up!) .

The PK guarding the python!

Makes me want to write a poem.................about kicking a55 :laughing:

This beauty PK PL2-Ti02 rainbow

Fed on an AAA eneloop

2 mode high 110lm and Low 12lm which starts in high

Again very smooth with decent resistance(wont be coming loose when carried!)

Cool beam, nice useful spill and defined hot spot(not too focused). Feels nice in hand, smooth feel to the body, yet good grip with the knurling design. Its a light weight light........well for the way it looks, it feels light in hand and will test it out on keys in the coming days/weeks.

The Rocket! so cute yet so aggressive, a contradiction in your hand:D Its crazy when you see pics of this PR-1 and how small it looks.................because it is!
3 mode, starts in high. Firm press(accidental activation is unlikely )momentary switch, H/M/L .

In hand

Next to some 16340 lights for size
HDS/PK/D25C/V11R

16340 is pretty much my fav EDC size for a happy medium, output/size and ok run times(enough for my uses)

Food for PK

No cell movement in this light, nice firm spring and plenty of grip on the tail cap to secure it.

Close up of beam angle
[URL="http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/venn105/media/Flashlights%203/CAD49B10-E8A8-422F-B918-90DA2758CB4D_zpswyafr16m.jpg.html"]

Hot spot not harsh, nice amount of useful spill without too much for those who dont want to completely flood the area ahead.

Feels nice in hand, lots of grip with even more in abundance on the body knurling. For those who like deep pocket carry, the clip is sure for that. Soft to moderate retention, not too sure on it myself as tend to not rely on clips. I mainly use them for an anti-roll but the head has that in the design.

Slight OP reflector which smooths the hotspot out nicely

The 3 PK's together

Will add in time a few beam pics, be warned they wont be great as its me taking them:nana: and impressions over time. For now i will give it the 3 B's! Bold, Brilliant, Bright. Its hard to get across in pics and words, its something you need in your hand to have that "PK occasion" .

I am sat here holding the Rocket thinking fist full of lumen:D

Cheers:)

ven

Flashaholic
Couple of beam pics

Rocket PR1 which is surprisingly more floody than i expected=excellent

Ti02

Closer up as it is a key chain light

bykfixer

Flashaholic
How 'bout those instructions on the pen?
"Not intended as a dental drill". lol.

I was hoping to see his 'attack pillow'....

I know I keep going on about that dam Rocket, but now you have one it is easy to see why I keep raving about it.

I loved the opening part of your first post regarding the discovery package. Well put.
Thing is Ven, as you know PK is as humble as he is brash. And from a historical perspective he has every reason to be Chip Foose cocky, but he aint. He's just your ordinary rocket scientist going about life in his own humble way while making the planet safer for the good guys.

Can't wait for the PL-2 to arrive. I bought a pair today. Silver to go with all those vintage lights.
Such a contrast between a silver "baby" Franco (2 C cell) from 100 years ago to a silver 1aaa pocket torch...

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: i am sure you read the butt after it too:faint:...........yep spelling deliberate :whistle:

Yes, its a pocket monster, snarling teeth , yet so cuddly!

The attack pillow has a large rectangle shaped removable bezel, no pillow fight with this one! or be it under your head...........

Look forward to the pics of the PL-2:D

bykfixer

Flashaholic
First time I shined the FL-2 outdoors I knew the world of flashlights was no longer flat. That was late 2015 iirc.

Using it around the neighborhood kinda takes away the charm due to all of the light pollution.

Later I discovered he had done some thrillers for some other companies. I went with his Warrior II due to it being close to conventional in terms of UI and size of a portable cop light. I avoided the Warrior I simply because it was just too big for my tastes. It reminded me of a kidney stone shaped Elzetta Alpha. The Alpha was already a big imo. So I knew all of those self defense edges would be uncomfortable in the pocket of me trousers.

I avoided his foursevens products due to thinking I'd need to attend a webinar to learn how to operate the thing.
Fine products by fine companies, just not for me. Although I have hundreds of flashlights I am very picky about ones I collect.

Then I found out about his defunct Icon brand Icon. They looked so gentle and suave compared to his days at SureFire.
That was when I learned to appreciate his styles. See PK puts it out there for all to see. Yet some of his ideas are so stark in contrast it's like hiding in the middle of a crowded city in the middle of the day.
Self defense items were built into the streamlined chassis. I set about collecting the ones I liked best. The Solo is still one of my favorite flashlights. Yet it was not until acquiring one of his inkpens did I figure out ways the Solo could save your life from an attacker in a dark parking garage.

See the inkpen looks like a weapon yet functions as a very comfortable writing tool. The solo looked like it belongs in the pocket of a CEO yet can function as a martial arts device if need be.
Ahhhh, the mind of PK!

Then another invention that will no doubt further balance the rotation of this now round world of flashlights...the PR1.

Recently while on vacation I was perched 50' above the mouth of a vast river on a moonless night. High clouds were being blown in from a tropical breeze off the ocean.
Perfect.

I set about playing "flashlight junkie" with the FL-2 while taking photos of the beam from various angles.

Suddenly I hear a voice ask "what light is that?" as it approached my direction. I retorted "a PK" knowing the voice probably did not know of PKDL. I hear "what?/who?' as the voice was close by now.
I retorted "the guy who invented a bunch of SureFires" He says "Oooooh! That PK".

I lit the FL-2 with my PR-1, which imediately drew his attention from the FL-2. "What, may I ask is that?!?!" he says...

An hour later he had shown me a ton of points on using a tactical light in close quarters combat and why that white beam matters in that scenario. (I had incans and neutrals nearby and he demonstrated how those are not as good for his situation... PK gets that!!!)

Turns out he was a 24 year old combat vet who'd kicked in a few doors while being watched over by the famous sniper Chris Kyle.

The FL-2 was the opening act, but the PR-1 stole the show.

No telling what adventures lie ahead with that 1aaa pocket burner.... but it's adventures I look forward to.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Cool story, I do enjoy talking lights , unfortunately I am pretty limited other than eddy at work and Callum at home. Goes without saying CPF helps fill in the big gaps!

Its only day 1 in the world of PK for me, how I feel now I know will be stronger over time. For me it's more than just a light, it's the package thats with it. PK sure is a special dude, this all adds to the lure of PK lights.

So far I am mighty impressed, even though my colour temp shift is towards neutral these days, I still enjoy CW tints. Providing not angry tints , I am good with cools and the tint on the Rocket is good. Would say a slight yellow in it which is good for me. I know PK lights are not about warm tints and colours popping down the barrel of your assault rifle! But for those who don't like CW but like the light, it's Defo worth a look. Not like some nitecore tints I have had anyway with cold blues in!

I digress...... For now I have took the clip off.......it's even more cute! It's like a "honey I shrunk the lights", or the little big light.

Soon as I get some time, I need to write my 100,000 word novel in the dark............maybe a subway tunnel full of graffiti and thugs for a setting:D

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Exactly Ven. Turning on a flashlight for most is no big deal for most.

But as you know when using your Vehns, HDS and all that stuff, there is an unspoken pleasure most will never know. It is a profound experience just to own one. But when it arrives with a hand written note, or a metal business card.. yeah, that is something to behold.

That Marine said "I don't give a $#@+ how pretty that guys carpeting is, I wanna know is that kid in the corner holding a hamster or a hand grenade." lol. He said it as a joke, but I knew he was dead serious when he said it.

One thing you may notice in time is that copy paper white beam from PK lights are pretty good at making a pine tree look like a pine tree, or a Coke can look like a Coke can.

I'm glad to see you are now part of the world of PKDL products. I predict the photon king is just getting started in the world of "honey I shrunk the lights".

I want a copy of that novel when yer done....

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Ven,
Awesome family of PK's-did you ever get to hold the FL-2 LE? It is also a phenomenal light. In addition, I have almost every ICON light model ever made(missed the carabiner ones) that I keep to remind me that design is about so much more than just aesthetics. I gave my developmentally disabled son a couple Icons in addition to an E2e. They work awesome and I am not concerned about a problem with cell mismatch. I may have to order a PK pen...the design intrigues me....

ven

Flashaholic
Exactly Ven. Turning on a flashlight for most is no big deal for most.

But as you know when using your Vehns, HDS and all that stuff, there is an unspoken pleasure most will never know. It is a profound experience just to own one. But when it arrives with a hand written note, or a metal business card.. yeah, that is something to behold.

That Marine said "I don't give a $#@+ how pretty that guys carpeting is, I wanna know is that kid in the corner holding a hamster or a hand grenade." lol. He said it as a joke, but I knew he was dead serious when he said it.

One thing you may notice in time is that copy paper white beam from PK lights are pretty good at making a pine tree look like a pine tree, or a Coke can look like a Coke can.

I'm glad to see you are now part of the world of PKDL products. I predict the photon king is just getting started in the world of "honey I shrunk the lights".

I want a copy of that novel when yer done....

Thats it , spot on with HDS and vinh lights, you know its more than just a light, be it designed by Henry, internally perfected by vinh, or designed by Vincent van Kim or Paul Picasso . It does make me want to don a ninja outfit and start doing somersaults...............unfortunately its at the dry cleaners:D

I like the way the marine talks :laughing: straight to the point and in those circumstances so right!

Having used the PR-1 last night, its a real useful beam for me, i expected a tight pencil beam or a very focused one. Even close quarters, the spill it gets out is surprising and being a small light, most uses would be closer up.

With the output (quoted in the instructions) at 360lm, and when you look at malkoff around the same on high for his m361n drop in, even the 200lm of the HDS is still bright!(ample light for most uses i have found) . The P1-R does kick out a lot of light and appears brighter than the specs would suggest. The size is so easy to hide/carry as well, it really is a pocket rocket! As with the HDS(its a light that feels good in the hand and find I hold/caress it even when not using), the Rocket is the same. The knurling just attracts attention and demands it from your fingers! I find it is a light that gets me thinking, from removing the clip, thinking about the recess and they way its held in place to not rotate. The moderate to high force required to secure the tail cap(could be the button top efest cell) gives it that secure feel, if dropped there would not be a flicker or loss of contact. Then as your securing the tail cap, the design that helps grip, where a smooth cap would not do.

I look over the light and feel thought has gone into every mm of it, everything has a purpose or meaning and done for a reason.

I thought the knurling would be extremely aggressive , but its not(IMO anyway). It does have edges, the body has aggressive feel but not uncomfortable to touch. It just inspires confidence, you know, that time you need to pick it up between 2 wet kippers..................happens all the time in the ninjahood!

ven

Flashaholic
Hey Ven,
Awesome family of PK's-did you ever get to hold the FL-2 LE? It is also a phenomenal light. In addition, I have almost every ICON light model ever made(missed the carabiner ones) that I keep to remind me that design is about so much more than just aesthetics. I gave my developmentally disabled son a couple Icons in addition to an E2e. They work awesome and I am not concerned about a problem with cell mismatch. I may have to order a PK pen...the design intrigues me....

Hey there, cheers! I dont have an FL-2 eddie, certainly looks a stunning light and the daddy of the P1-R. I have certainly admired it from pictures i have seen on CPF.

Pen wise, i have a self defense pen in work(not for actual defense :laughing: ..........just because i thought it was cool) and generally use good old parker stainless ball point pen/s. Even from school, they have kind of stuck with me and i do like stainless for every day stuff that involves heavy use. The PK pen...............i feel i need to research the paper, the manufacturers practice and policies before its worthy of the ink! :laughing: . It is a beast, but comfortable in hand and sits very nice due to the design on the head. The index finger on top, middle under just falls natural for me.

DK Demand Lab

Newly Enlightened
Ordered a multiple number of PL-2s (3 different finishes) this week! Received 2 of them already :)
These will be for my collection and for friends gifts.
I still haven't bought FL2LE and TP yet..
PKDL, BEW, and CPF members sure are making my wallet thin lol, for the better.

-JP

Newly Enlightened
Big fan here. Only thing I have currently is the Four Sevens PK collaboration 123 light but I'm very fond of it.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Very cool _JP.
Pix when you can please and...
Welcome to the site.

Ordered a multiple number of PL-2s (3 different finishes) this week! Received 2 of them already :)
These will be for my collection and for friends gifts.
I still haven't bought FL2LE and TP yet..
PKDL, BEW, and CPF members sure are making my wallet thin lol, for the better.

Where did you find a black one DK? (Edit: never mind, found 'em: end edit)
My link to bew only shows ti and silver. Member 'teak' said he saw black there too. I emailed them and await a response...
(Edit: my link still only shows ti and silver. I clicked on the PR-1 link PK posted on page 2 of the PR-1 thread and another option at the bottom was a black PL-2... yet no ti or silver shows up there...weird: end edit)

In the meantime

Silver twins arrived.

Added a hat clip.

The $3 (from brite guy .com) microstream clip

"Where we going next?" asks the PR-1

Solitaire shown for reference.

Obligitory Bic lighter pic.

Simple genious. Yet miles ahead.

It's the little things...

Like how'd he get that there?

The three amigos

Last edited: