The ROTOR® - E-series compatible 18650 body

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Tri-V cost more than $2k each...so to make this run, your e-series light will officially be the most expensive e-series around! :D
Yes it would if only one were run :nana:

The quote I received was:

$1095 for specialty tooling

$630 for body

$204 for head

----------------------
$1929 for one

Even with the cost of tooling subtracted out the light would be $834 ... a little less than PhotonFanatic & a little more than a McGizmo. Add in a light engine & it's pushing a grand :(

mikesantor

Enlightened
Barry, Im pretty sure I could get these made for you a lot cheaper than that. If you want to shoot me over the CADs I would be happy to get a quote for you. Just an option...

msantor at Gmail if you are interested.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
That sounds great to me Mike. I'll send them this evening after the shop work is done & I get to the PC.

EDIT: Got tied up last evening on a trit slot milling job ... just emailed the drawings :)

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry to bump an old thread, but I was out exploring the depths of CFP, and wondered what ever happened with this project?

precisionworks

Flashaholic
... wondered what ever happened with this project?
I deal with a number of CNC shops & even though each shop is different there's one common element - if an order will gross the shop $5,000 USD or more they may be interested (depending on their available machine time, production forecast, etc.) As the total dollar amount goes down so does the incentive to get involved. I presented the concept drawings to a number of shops & did get one to quote ... the body only (no head, no tail, just the two piece body) would sell for $630 :(