The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

red02

Enlightened
Noticed they are not yet listed on the SF site yet?

Not a good sign for a quick release date... I'm expecting more than a year wait. How long before release did they list the Saint and E2L-AA?

Tim B

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know which will come on first on the pro models? High or low? I'm also glad to see that there are annoying strobe and sos modes to cycle through.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
They are also listed for sale now on the sales site that sells "Optics to the Planet"

They are listed for sale, but this company kept me waiting for months when I ordered the new ICON models as gifts, and ruined that. No remorse on their end. Too bad for them. My company has a huge budget for camera equipment each year, and my flash light hobby is large too. We are not going to do business with them again.

But if you want the light call first to confirm

So, I Dont know.

The other company in NYC that sounds like BH will get our six annual figures.

Last edited:

trailblazer

Newly Enlightened
The 6px/G2x series aren't supposed to ship until Oct. 1st so I don't understand why people are upset that they are backordered etc. ?

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Supposed to and actual are two very different things as we've seen from SF.

Sometimes it's much later than what you're told however sometimes it's sooner.

I preordered a Garmin GPS with a early to mid August ship date per Garmin. Guess what? Vendors had it in stock for sale 2 weeks before that so those expected ship dates are fuzzy at best.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I'm not speaking strictly to this product offering but rather, in a general sense based on history, that SF does not release products during the year they are introduced or dates are pushed back if the model is even introduced at all. I'm not the person who coined the phrase "vaporware" and it's use with SF products cannot be considered untrue or unsubstantiated. And where is the new LX1?

I'd like to buy one of these new lights since it offers great features at a price uncommon with SF containing these features. If the release/ship date holds true that will be fantastic but if not, I won't be terribly disappointed.

njet212

Enlightened
I'm big fan of Surefire Clip because their clip locks strong on the pocket but I don't see any clip features on the 6PX dan G2X series ??

Seems SF make it for Holster Carry only??

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something isnt right about these.....The Stratum is almost identical to the 6px, yet has an MSRP that is almost double. Either SF is skimping, these are made overseas, or they are loss leaders....

What do these say about the other SF models, in terms of price vs. value and performance?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Something isnt right about these.....The Stratum is almost identical to the 6px, yet has an MSRP that is almost double. Either SF is skimping, these are made overseas, or they are loss leaders....

What do these say about the other SF models, in terms of price vs. value and performance?
We've already ruled out 'made overseas'.
We're just beginning to discover the 'savings' SureFire are making with these models - I'm sure once CPFers have some in hand and make to some detailed analysis, we'll see whether SureFire have "skimped" too far...
As to whether SureFire are planning to make a loss on each one, or whether they are aiming for increased volume to offset smaller profit margin, I think the latter far more likely.

I've already mentioned these new models will change the landscape of SureFire's product range. Some existing models may be forced to adapt or be forced to retire... the S2 and Z2-S being two I see adapting, and the G2L & 6PL retiring...

Size15's

Flashaholic

Change is exciting when embraced!

We've already ruled out 'made overseas'.
We're just beginning to discover the 'savings' SureFire are making with these models - I'm sure once CPFers have some in hand and make to some detailed analysis, we'll see whether SureFire have "skimped" too far...
As to whether SureFire are planning to make a loss on each one, or whether they are aiming for increased volume to offset smaller profit margin, I think the latter far more likely.

I've already mentioned these new models will change the landscape of SureFire's product range. Some existing models may be forced to adapt or be forced to retire... the S2 and Z2-S being two I see adapting, and the G2L & 6PL retiring...

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll echo Size15's sentiments above, these lights are made here in the US of A. I asked the rep about the country of manufacture and that is the answer I got, they are not manufactured overseas.

Had a chance to see the new lights for myself at a show and they look great. Definitely brighter than the 6PL (with the KX4) head. Lens is plastic and just like the KX4, the LED module is now integrated within the bezel. For the Pro models, the high comes on first and then low (a la the E2DL). From what I saw, definitely deeper and textured reflector with a CREE LED. Bight it was and they felt solid.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
If these work out as planned, a significant portion of SF's model line will be effected. People wont pay a hundred bucks more for a Stratum or to have a Combatgrip on their light. These will also make the original 6 and G lines, along with the KX4 head absolete, just based upon pricepoint.

Also, what does this say about Surefires pricing? If these are being made at that MSRP, and SF is making a profit from them, and unless they have acquired some magic machines to make these new lights, i guess a lot of folks were correct: we are all suckers for paying the "Surefire Premium."

chanjyj

Enlightened
I can't wait for these 2 models to be released. Styling is lovely to me.

What I'm fed up with is the surefire guarantee. Sent an email to them regarding a melted lens and till date, no reply. The least they could have sent was an acknowledgement email.

Seems like surefire don't give a damn about international non-contract buyers. :(

Pöbel

Enlightened
Although this is off topic - I got a reply within 24 hours and my spare part shipped within 48 hours - international (to Germany).

Regarding the price policy.

If those lights are essentially 2-piece (tailcap + rest), the electronics are less sophisticated and thus production cheaper.. well that could explain the price difference.

take the LX2 for instance. Only the Head is made from several alloy parts which have all to be machined and anodized separately. Then there's a clip, more sophisticated electronics, more milling and so on.

I wonder whether these new lights will have the same "you break it we fix it" guarantee or maybe only 2 years limite warranty?

Xacto

Enlightened
[...]These will also make the original 6 and G lines, along with the KX4 head absolete, just based upon pricepoint.
[...]

Let's just hope that they don't discontinue the 6P altogther. Even though I do have enough (+/- 6) 6P Bodys, Z41s and Z44s, I nonetheless would prefer to see its production continued.

Has anyone heard something official?

Cheers
Thorsten