The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
One more photo to share w/ you guys.
4138ab97-424c-4e9a-9230-e3b52e596c99_zpsukeipnhy.jpg

dan05gt

Newly Enlightened
The G2X Fire Rescue Pro seems to have the same tint and beam pattern as the G2X Pro. The low mode on the Fire Rescue is slightly brighter, which makes sense as it is 50 lumens versus the 15 on the G2X. The spill (on the 320 lumen setting) on the G2X seems to be slightly greater than the Fire Rescue, but that could just be perception thing and not necessarily the case.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok couple questions, I hope this doesn't come off as pretentious but Im going to number them to make them easier to reply to, if you would be so kind. :) You guys are few and far between!

1) Even though it is not listed in the specs I was told they have a higher shutoff temperature. If you read the specs it also notes that the lenses are also heat resistant.
Is there any noticeable differences between lenses? This one is a hellmary.... but I was also told ( I believe by mistake ) that RECENT versions of the G2X where now shipping with glass, the lens is not glass correct?

2) Besides the obvious difference of a 50 Lumen mode was there any other reason that you went with the Pro version?

3) Are there any other different specs vs the G2X on the "Full" packaging ( like on more expensive models for those that don't know ) on the Fire Rescue Pro other than the lanyard that make it unique?

4) G2X Pro or Fire Rescue Pro: pick one?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

dan05gt

Newly Enlightened
1. Not that I can tell. The lens is definitely plastic. I buy direct from SF so this should be the most recent production.
2. Not really I just wanted a low and high output.
3. I knew I should have saved the packaging longer :sigh:, but there was nothing that caught my attention before it hit the trash can. The obvious differences are the high visibility orange body, the lanyard, and the 50 lumen low setting.
4. The advantages of the FRP are the 3 things I mentioned in #3, plus it seems to be harder to accidentally activate the momentary mode on the FRP, which I am not sure is a design feature on the FRP or is related to the new switch design. Since I bought this for emergency use in my car, i would choose this one for that purpose, but for general around the home use I would save the money and get the G2X Pro.

I hope this helps.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Not that I can tell. The lens is definitely plastic. I buy direct from SF so this should be the most recent production.
2. Not really I just wanted a low and high output.
3. I knew I should have saved the packaging longer :sigh:, but there was nothing that caught my attention before it hit the trash can. The obvious differences are the high visibility orange body, the lanyard, and the 50 lumen low setting.
4. The advantages of the FRP are the 3 things I mentioned in #3, plus it seems to be harder to accidentally activate the momentary mode on the FRP, which I am not sure is a design feature on the FRP or is related to the new switch design. Since I bought this for emergency use in my car, i would choose this one for that purpose, but for general around the home use I would save the money and get the G2X Pro.

I hope this helps.

:thumbsup:

Bold= Plastic collar ring inside instead of thin metal correct?

Any reason you choose direct from SF? You pay msrp?

Last edited:

dan05gt

Newly Enlightened
The light is already in the car and I did not pay much attention to the material on the ring, but I will try to remember and check it. I bought from SF because I wanted to be sure I had the latest production and I have had some issues in the past buying from other sources such as obviously opened packages, etc. I also needed more batteries and I would rather buy those direct so it was just easier. It seems as though you have done quite a bit of homework on the light, are you still on the fence?

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light is already in the car and I did not pay much attention to the material on the ring, but I will try to remember and check it. I bought from SF because I wanted to be sure I had the latest production and I have had some issues in the past buying from other sources such as obviously opened packages, etc. I also needed more batteries and I would rather buy those direct so it was just easier. It seems as though you have done quite a bit of homework on the light, are you still on the fence?

More mentally ill. :p I got about 50-60 hours of research into this one light. It's my latest "binge light". I can score one for the price of the G2X so I figure it be worth it. But for 30 bucks more Im looking at the Armytek 1010 with 300 meters of throw....I hear you on the open package crap. That happened to me on one rather expensive USA light and it's extremely frustrating, especially when it has issues out of the box. Looking for a final backup / Bug out / Canyon Hiking light to back up with my HDS 325 ( not like I will need one, essentially just looking for more throw). I really like this fire rescue and a single mode really appeals to me as you can aproximate your runtimes much easier and its just click and go. The G2X Tactical with click switch isn't shipping yet. Plus the colors for emergency / backpacking are spot on. I REALLY appreciate your input and taking the time. Hope it wasn't to cumbersome. Also, as a heads up, beat on the light for a month or so before glovebox duty. Most issues crop up in the first few days. That said, I have found the cheaper X series lights to be less problematic and more stable in their operation than some of the more expensive SF's......:thinking:

Last edited:

jac2001

Newly Enlightened
Quick question concerning the Pro series. I haven't been around a lot recently, but remember from the P2x Fury thread that some, before the single mode lights were available, were cutting a lead on the driver board to make a single mode Fury.
Is a similar trick applicable on the 6px/G2x Pro series as well?

välineurheilija

Enlightened

jac2001

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much!
I'll check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a similar pair of gold jumpers on the 6PX board as on the P2X. Look at the back of the board with the two largish (about 2mm dia) pin heads at 4 and 8 o'clock. The tiny jumpers are directly above the 4 o'clock position. But the joint between them is on the circuit board, rather than a wire link on the P2X. You'd have to scrape the board between then with a blade. I could only see this under a microscope, so it may be a problem.
I'm happy with the 6PX as two mode, so I ain't gonna try it!

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know if anyone realised, but Surefire just listed the new G2X LE(dual-output) on their site. It has a max of 400 lumens with 15 hours runtime(ANSI standard) and a low of 15 lumens.

That's a good package for a lot of LEO's, just a shame it won't take a 18650 and it can't be bored to accept one either.