The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I like my G2x more than Fury P2x, because the runtime is double. The lumens are half but you get a full 90 minutes versus only 45 minutes in P2x. It's twice the lumens at 600 but half the runtime.

That's why I bored my P2X, with a 18650 3400mah battery it doesn't drop below 300 lumens for 90 minutes.

Image-9853934-182958232-2-Web_0_ef4bf3bbcebc65d31999c87d62ec9cbe_1

Graph courtesy of precisionworks​.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
16650s get a better runtime than CR123s...I'm not sure what runtime is for them, but they are definitely superior to primary cells.

I run 16650 in my Surefire G2x... works nicely.
I didn't measure the runtime but eyeballing it, on low, with occasional high, I got more than 2 weeks out it, with regular usage. I got better runtime than even my lowest Malkoff, not surprisingly, and because the head is so throwy, with higher lux, it makes it seem brighter than it actually is.

The low / high modes are spaced perfectly. They got it exactly right and in exactly the right sequence. I want low to come on first during regular usage and high in an emergency situation.

You cannot bore it but I am not sure I want to..

My only request would be a G3x that maintains the same lumen level, 15 / 320. Then I could run the low level on 2xAA if I had to and enjoy extended runtime on 3x123 that are always more efficient than 2x123.

The tint is excellent, the throw / flood balance is just right, it is incredibly light, durable and you don't notice it in your pocket. They say the difference between nytrolon G2x and a metal 6P is about 1 ounce but my 6Ps are loaded with heavy Malkoffs and heavy 18650s, so the weight delta has to be even higher.

G2x is supposed to be the budget option but it's really my all time favorite from the Surefire lineup. I got mine for $35, well worth it. I got foliage green I believe it's called, the colors do add a shade of uniqueness versus my other SF clones that are all black.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently I expanded my collection of Surefire lights with a G2ZX combat and G2X pro dual. I really like them! G2ZX combat has a really nice tint somewhere between 4500-5000K. G2X pro dual is cooler but still a decent cool white tint.
Ceiling bounce lux test confirms that both these push out more than 300lm. G2X pro dual is just a tad brighter. With G2ZX I use the tailcap from P2X Fury and it works good.

I don't know the kind of LEDs but I think it's visible that they are not the same, the reflectors are slightly different patterned as well:

Beamshot comparison included Malkoff M61N to get some idea of the tints of the Surefires.
From left: M61N, G2ZX and G2X:

G2X/G2ZX work good with 16650 cell. Here is a runtime graph I made a while ago:

Last edited:

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently I expanded my collection of Surefire lights with a G2ZX combat and G2X pro dual. I really like them! G2ZX combat has a really nice tint somewhere between 4500-5000K. G2X pro dual is cooler but still a decent cool white tint.
Ceiling bounce lux test confirms that both these push out more than 300lm. G2X pro dual is just a tad brighter. With G2ZX I use the tailcap from P2X Fury and it works good.

I don't know the kind of LEDs but I think it's visible that they are not the same, the reflectors are slightly different patterned as well:

Beamshot comparison included Malkoff M61N to get some idea of the tints of the Surefires.
From left: M61N, G2ZX and G2X:

G2X/G2ZX work good with 16650 cell. Here is a runtime graph I made a while ago:

Do the bezels have C on the G2ZX and a D on the G2X Pro?

Jose Marin

Enlightened
I'll chip in a runtime graph too, 6px pro sf123s vs lg mj1 both fan cooled. Both stayed regulated for aprox 1hr 25 mins, 123s fall flat on their face while the 18650 gradually tappers off

Managed to get the bezel off with heat and overready bezel tool. Found an ar lens in my spare part pile that fits as well a xeno bezel. So glad to ditch that crappy plastic crap

Xt11 aluminum grip ring fits great

Last edited:

Cyphre

Newly Enlightened
Just snagged a 6PX Pro on eBay. I've stayed away from them, but at $35 I couldn't pass it up.
That is a pretty insane price, considering they are frequently ~$60! Hope you actually receive it and its not one of those dropship failures who don't actually stock the item in the first place.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the graph, Jose Marin!

I'm waiting for thr G2X LE to show up in stores here in Asia. 400 lumens is a nice upgrade, and the 15 lumen low is a very useful and well though out mode for runtime that just runs and runs while having enough output for most tasks.

Spade115

Newly Enlightened
so I have a question.

I completely and utterfly f'ked up my bezel on my Surefire G2X and banged up the head x.X

I even somehow melted a hole in the lens 0.0

I have a replacement bezel a X01 and X02 bezel remover (Now) Any way I can melt it off or something just to get the top completely off?

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
so I have a question.

I completely and utterfly f'ked up my bezel on my Surefire G2X and banged up the head x.X

I even somehow melted a hole in the lens 0.0

I have a replacement bezel a X01 and X02 bezel remover (Now) Any way I can melt it off or something just to get the top completely off?

Pics would help. Lots of people here may be able to help you.

I have a G2X LE in the mail!!
Hopefully the switch debounce is like my E1D, leave it off for a second and it reverts to high.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my LE, and packaging leaflet says 4,800 candela.

Regular Pro models(320 lumens) are listed as 8,160 candela, so a noticeable drop in throw but that beam is wiiiiide and still throws respectably, I believe it computes to around 95meters compared to 183 meters for the 320 lumen models.

Am loving the 15 lumen low, looks more like 30, very useable and no worries running out of power for extended use or emergencies.

Truly a great light, the only gripe I have is that it doesn't come back to high as fast as my E1D, it takes approx 1.5- 2 seconds compared to maybe 1sec on the E1D.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Reading some posts in this thread caused me to pull out a tan G2x Pro and give it a go. My favorite tan one was in a shtf box. My favorite black one was in the backup shtf box.

Like someone else stated the G2x Pro is my favorite in the SureFire collection. I opted for tan instead of green though.

If they stop making the G2x Pro I'll be very disappointed. Yet it won't get me down none. See I bought 7 about this time last year... I'm set.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Hi everyone! I just got my Surefire 6PX Pro, my first Surefire. I'm impressed by the quality and mostly, the tint! It's the Nichia 219B, neutral white, perfect. It was made in 2014, based on my batteries expiration date of 2024.

My only concern is the grip, it's too slippery.

Does anyone know if the 2015 and 2016 models still use the same Nichia 219B emitter?

arKmm

Enlightened
I'm a G2X LE owner and have it as my duty belt torch (until a 6Pvn arrives shortly to take over) and have after much consideration and research decided to pick up a G2X Pro for the GF who needed a torch for work (She's a paramedic) as it seemed the best option for someone in her field who needs a no nonsense reliable work tool.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a G2X LE owner and have it as my duty belt torch (until a 6Pvn arrives shortly to take over) and have after much consideration and research decided to pick up a G2X Pro for the GF who needed a torch for work (She's a paramedic) as it seemed the best option for someone in her field who needs a no nonsense reliable work tool.

Excellent choice.

Spade115

Newly Enlightened
Pics would help. Lots of people here may be able to help you.
Sorry for the late Reply.

IMG_4051.jpg

its pretty bad 0.0 Was looking at buying a replacement head for it, but got one from Solarforce that was suppose to fit but was too big.

Latest posts