The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

RIX TUX

Enlightened
Your has D, but does the package say 320 or 600 lumens?
in the package would be easy to figure out but don't all these look the same out of package with a D?
If someone was to get one used what is the difference?

Last edited:

Mr. LED

Enlightened
D should be for the 320 lumens. My 6PX is D and 320. If I'm not mistaken, C was for the 200 lumen version.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
A and B were both 200 lumens. "A" was for Tactical/single mode and "B" for Pro/dual mode.
C and D were stamped with the change to the 320 lumen models. "C" was Tactical/single mode and "D" Pro/dual mode.
I haven't handled the new 600 lumen models, but they appear to also use the C&D heads. Perhaps there's something in the serial number or QR code to differentiate the 600 lumen heads from the 320.

matt4350

Enlightened
Your has D, but does the package say 320 or 600 lumens?

The package says 600 lumens. The reflector on my 320 lumen model has a more obvious stippling/orange peel effect, and the LED has a type of copper-coloured hue around the edges. On the 600 lumen model the LED sits on a plain white square. So I'm not sure how you would tell the two apart by markings/body appearance. Inside the tailcap, there's 3 metal strips running into the spring housing (no idea what this stuff is actually called!), in the 320 lumen version the strips are copper coloured, on the 600 it's a steel/aluminium colour.

NH Lumens

Enlightened
A 600 lumen version of the 6PX Tactical;

6px-1.jpg

6px-1.jpg

On another note, does anyone know if Cryos Illumination is still making the Fury/6PX 18650 body?

Last edited:

NH Lumens

Enlightened
we still need a 9Px maybe even a 12Px

with 3 and 4 123 cells, respectively

I suspect there just isn't much of a call for the longer, more unwieldly lights. I find it's easier to just carry some spare cells on my person in the event I need longer runtime when out and about. For something carried in the glovebox of a car the larger light (as long as it fits) does indeed offer some advantages.

pcgeek

Newly Enlightened
Got the 600 lumens 6PX Pro, it also has "D" etched on the head.
Does anyone know the LED model used?
There are no triangle markings, the LED simply mounts on a plain white plate.
wX4sdCe.jpg

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Bought a new G2X Pro 600 lumens... my measurement...
IHXPBDW.png

and a runtime test in a fan-cool, in-door, 26°C environment, using KeepPower 2000mAh 16650 LiIon charged to full in XTAR SV2, battery Voltage reads 4.17V after 24-hours rest before the start of test...
7miyB8j.png

:twothumbs

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I have both versions and like both. The user interface is perfect for my job use. I like 2 modes, 1 low and one high with good throw. My perfect work light would be a light that has a shrouded tail cap, push button high low for one handed operation, about 600-1000 lumens on high with good throw, but still decent spill, 4000-5000 tint, potted electronics, very water resistant, and will run off of an 18650 or cr123s in case the 18650 goes down from a hard drop (that has happened twice to me in the last year). So far, I can't find such a light. Also, a head no bigger than on the G2X Pro, and smaller would even be better.

rrego

Enlightened
I don't know if it is clear how to differentiate between the 320L and 600L models, but I just got a yellow G2X Pro 600L model and under the D it has the serial number present (A24999), where as my black and fire rescue G2X Pro 320L models only have the D, no serial number present at all. My Z2X and 6PX 320L single mode lights also do not have a serial number on the head.

Don't know if this is the identifier, but this is the case with mine.

Scored the yellow G2X Pro 600L model for a really good price (new, no packaging). Maybe the seller thought it was the 320L model :naughty:

rrego

Enlightened
I wish these G2X Pros had the 50 lumen low that my Fire Rescue has. So much more useful than the 15 lumen mode (for me). My new 600L G2X 15 lumen low is more diffused (larger LED, same reflector) than my 320L model, the tighter focus of the 15L (older model) appears brighter (I like it more).

Latest posts