The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I own several 320's Grijon and all have a wonderful creamy tint. One tan one has a teeny tiny amount of green……if you look for it. I never knew they had green issues until I read how "green" they are supposed to be.

I suppose if one had not purchased the 320 lumen G2x Pro before the 600 lumen version arrived and wanted a G2x Pro the 600 lumen version would seem to be a good idea. But when I noticed my 320's were keeping up with my 650 lumen Elzetta Bones, that just cemented my reason to not buy the 600… I didn't think it would matter enough to even buy one.

Now in fairness, the Bones has a broader spill so those extra lumens are seemingly spread out beyond the range of a G2x Pro. Yet for a paultry 320 lumens the G2x Pro is a mighty bright flashlight.

Last edited:

amikee

Newly Enlightened
I own several 320's Grijon and all have a wonderful creamy tint. One tan one has a teeny tiny amount of green……if you look for it. I never knew they had green issues until I read how "green" they are supposed to be.

I suppose if one had not purchased the 320 lumen G2x Pro before the 600 lumen version arrived and wanted a G2x Pro the 600 lumen version would seem to be a good idea. But when I noticed my 320's were keeping up with my 650 lumen Elzetta Bones, that just cemented my reason to not buy the 600… I didn't think it would matter enough to even buy one.

Now in fairness, the Bones has a broader spill so those extra lumens are seemingly spread out beyond the range of a G2x Pro. Yet for a paultry 320 lumens the G2x Pro is a mighty bright flashlight.

So the order came in from LAGear today and it turned out to be 15/600lm version despite the fact that I spoke with two different people last week to make sure they have 15/320 in stock.

My main thing with 320 version is longer runtime on high and temperature of the head.

Also, my G2XPro has a serial number as it appears some did not have them per previous reports. It has a D and serial # starting with E.
I guess I'll give this one a try. Was hoping for 15/320 though. Oh well.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
None of mine have serial numbers.
Perhaps SureFire began adding those when a bunch of fakes starting showing up at Amazon and eBay.

Funny how most would complain when the outdated model shows up where a flashaholic knows the upgrade(s) can be a step backward at times.

LA Police Gear has a page in the dealer section here if you didn't know that. Dealer section. Hopefully they'll make it right for ya.

amikee

Newly Enlightened
None of mine have serial numbers.
Perhaps SureFire began adding those when a bunch of fakes starting showing up at Amazon and eBay.

Funny how most would complain when the outdated model shows up where a flashaholic knows the upgrade(s) can be a step backward at times.

LA Police Gear has a page in the dealer section here if you didn't know that. Dealer section. Hopefully they'll make it right for ya.

I called them today and they said they can send me a return label but meh, told her that her seeing the G2X-D-BK in the system listed with 320 does not mean that their warehouse will look for anything else than G2X-D-BK and check the packaging even though again, I called them twice and I think even included a note with the order hehe
I've seen the deal section. Funny thing is that I went to like 5-6 websites and they all list Pro model with 320 but when you call they say only 600lm are available.
Regarding serial number, I guess that would make it recent production indeed.
600lm may not necessarily be a bad thing but with SF having rather accurate/true lumen numbers 15/320 version should be plenty for 99.99% of things I'd need it to do. Just opened the box, will give it a shot. Long runtime on low is very impressive listed at 52hrs. I suppose I can't complain really, it's just a first world problem. But 2.75hrs on high 320 vs 1.5hrs 600 does sound like a significant difference to me. I appreciate the reply.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually think they become unusable for most indoor tasks once the lumen levels get too high. I use a first gen 6PX Pro at work and it's even almost too bright for a lot of what I do...for instance, if you use a light for fairly up close tasks, like reading labels, trying to look through access holes in walls, etc, the light that bounces back in your face blinds you and makes it so you can't see what you're trying to look at. I have the 600 lumen one as well, and there is no way I could ever use it for work for that reason and IMO pretty much relegates it to being an outdoor light only. I wish they would either make the low level higher, or add another mid level that doesn't blind the hell out of you when using it indoors. Another option would be to offer a lower level version for those that have little use for the insanely bright lights they are putting out these days. As I've read so many times before on CPF, lumens aren't everything, but super bright, high lumen lights are becoming the norm these days.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My G2x Pro lights are my go to when I only need to light up a shadow, see fine print better etc. Like old school 2D incans did. Yet if I need to really light up the night, like my car it has a high beam. I have three setting around the house from 015 that still have original batteries in them as they rarely get turned to high beam.

My wife on the other hand uses lights that start on high beam for looking under the sofa etc and wonders why she sees spots afterwards. She's an all or nothing type who cranks the heat to max in her car then rolls the window down because it's so hot in there and she thinks it's just heat flashes. lol.

amikee

Newly Enlightened
PE7teRB.jpg
jcmaEmB.jpg
d0DQnWD.jpg
pHPZq86.jpg
3EsuHX5.jpg
pjUGkM7.jpg
fMOvnqe.jpg
fihH6X8.jpg
EDJVqkS.jpg
H4bAHSW.jpg
ARjNDf8.jpg
5Yz0i77.jpg

amikee

Newly Enlightened
So I did some testing last night. The driveway is a 5 car long driveway, backyard about 35 yards across, the photos from the top are about 27-30 yards from me to the fence. Very nice light. I agree on the output. Too much is no good. For majority of the use the low (which seems like 30-40lm to me) will be used and 600 only in just-in-case situations. Still going to try to get a 320 to compare which I like better but it seems like the only place to perhaps find them is ebay. We shall see. Thank you

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I got my black friday deal from SF in the mail the other day. Way less issues than in the past. They had the two lights for the same price but went for the G2X Pro. Already have a 6PX Pro 320 version so kinda didn't need another Al. Like my G2/G3/G2Z so figured why not.

stuart

Newly Enlightened
Just got one. Like the weight, very light compared to the Malkoff Md2. Liking the low as well. Far more floody and useful than the EDC1lt. My only concern is the lack of a user replaceable tail cap. I thought that for the price, not a bad non-modular one off light, however, just realized that the Malkoff tail caps seem to work. I detect an ever so slight rattle but they work fine. Pics to follow:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 325
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

stuart

Newly Enlightened
On second thought, if I shake it get some flicker. The standard MD2 tail cap doesn't work if your tail standing. My tricap works tailstanding but flickers as well with movement. The tricap is newer and therefore probably has a less compressed Mclicky. I guess in a pinch these work, or if you stretched the mclicky spring slightly should work better. Oh well, I got excited there for a few minutes. Unless I shake it back and forth, the tricap with the newer spring seems fine. Old 6p twisty works fine with no flicker.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I tested an old G2 tail cap for the G2X pro. Worked. I remember last year testing a 6P twisty and it worked on the 6PX pro I should try my G3 tail with McClicky. Used a 16650 Keeppower tonight for a dirt road walk with the 320 Lumen 6PX pro. I can certainly see the difference between the 320 and 600 lumen models. I haven't decided if it's actually more field effective. Then again I am not sure these are any better than my SF with Malkoff. The tint is way better on those W and NW. The newer 600 is worst than the 320 in that regard but both are CW so meh. Doesn't really matter in use.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
My old Z59 worked fine on a G2X Tactical (early model came with the momentary switch).

Does anybody know if a McClicky will drop into the G2X momentary switch like it does on other Z41's?

Last edited:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
On second thought, if I shake it get some flicker. The standard MD2 tail cap doesn't work if your tail standing. My tricap works tailstanding but flickers as well with movement. The tricap is newer and therefore probably has a less compressed Mclicky. I guess in a pinch these work, or if you stretched the mclicky spring slightly should work better. Oh well, I got excited there for a few minutes. Unless I shake it back and forth, the tricap with the newer spring seems fine. Old 6p twisty works fine with no flicker.
Yeah, I was bummed when I realized a Malkoff cap wouldn't work...at least without modifications.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
How difficult was it to remove the head on a G2X Pro? Does it have red loctite on the thread similar to the Fury?

Reason for asking is, well, the G2x I purchased has a green tint to it. If it's easy, I would like to swap the head with my 6PX, which has a nicer tint.

Thanks!

Pops

I did (with the help of a friend) remove the head on the Fury, but it was tricky with the heat gun, n'all.

BTW, does the G2X have the flat thin metal ring between the head and the body?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't get my Malkoff tailcap to work on any SF, and the only Surefire tailcap that would work on my Malkoff was a SW02 or Z48. I loved the light, but had to sell it for that reason. :/

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried that with my Fury and my 6PXs and it didn't work...I just have to find a spring that I can add to the tailcap. It's really not a big deal, the stock tailcap is fine, I just like the recessed Malkoff cap better. It's funny, but years ago I bought a SolarForce host, I don't remember the model, but it's basically like a C2, and the Malkoff works great on that body.

lugueto

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I've got a slight issue with my G2X pro maybe you guys can help me pin point.

I've run RCR123As for over a year now with no problems. Recently the light started to malfunction. It wouldn't go into low mode, if it did, maybe it did so in one out of ten tries. Recently, it wouldn't even turn on. The batteries work well in other lights. 1 year old batteries are not considered old, are they? I charge them about once a month, so no excess cycles.

I bought a new set of RCR123A's (same 3.7V but with higher capacity) and she seems to be back to normal, but I don't want to be buying batteries once a year. IS there something wrong with my lights? Cells are of alleged high quality (Nitecore branded) and charged with a Nitecore Intellicharger.

I don't believe I damaged the electronics, did I? they work well with new cells. Haven't tried disposables yet, but I assume they'll work just fine. Might it be a problem with the tailcap? The light itself is about 8 years old, its the 320 lumen variety I believe.

Last edited:

Latest posts