The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

Mr. LED

Enlightened
So I just purchased a G2X Pro and was curious as to what the number etched under the D is? This is my first SureFire so I just want to make sure I actually received an authentic light. Also, any tips on identifying counterfeits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The 600 lumens version has a serial number etched on the head. The older 200 and 320 lumens don't have it, only A/B/C/D.

The first 200 lumen version had A for the tactical version and B for Pro. The 320 lumen version had C for tactical and D for Pro. The 600 lumens keeps C/D but adds a serial number.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the bezel identification number? I'm looking to swap the bezel on mine just want to make sure I order the correct one if possible

Looking at the LF z44 , just want to make sure it fits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These lights are an entirely different species from SF P series. They stopped being modular with these lights.
Even if you manage to get the head off, you won't be able to buy another.
P

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
These lights are an entirely different species from SF P series. They stopped being modular with these lights.
Even if you manage to get the head off, you won't be able to buy another.
P

P, the site says it'll fit g series lights and the bezel has the grooves where it looks like the bezel tools will fit .

I, by no means what the head off I'd just like to change the bezel to a stainless one

Mr. LED

Enlightened
I've never dissembled the bezel, but I've read a few times in this thread that the plastic bezel ring is integrated (glued) to the plastic lens, and it creates trouble for replacing only the ring.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never dissembled the bezel, but I've read a few times in this thread that the plastic bezel ring is integrated (glued) to the plastic lens, and it creates trouble for replacing only the ring.

Darn! [emoji17]

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, the bezel ring. Lots of SF folks call what you and I call the head, the bezel.
I knew I should stay out of the Surefire threads, it's another world.
P

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, the bezel ring. Lots of SF folks call what you and I call the head, the bezel.
P

Ahaha I know P I know

I don't have many Surefire lefts but the ones I do have I really like

The tactician, g2x pro and a g2z-mv is all that remains

I was a huge fanboy before I Alice in wonderlanded down this rabbit hole .

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I beg to differ.
Bezel ring => Bezel/lens ring
Bezel/head => Bezel/head assy
Bezel host = Disassembled bezel assy

bykfixer

Flashaholic
P
Me too Pete. Whether it be in a SureFire thread, Maglite or any other thread. Anything forward of the battery tube (I call barrel) to me is "the head". I used to call the 'bezel' the 'lens holder' (from incan days) but now say 'bezel ring' after I acquired some lights with crenalated "lens holders", then some with crenalted "heads".

968321-D6-E6-D2-4-A19-A9-CB-EFD2-B062-BCA6.jpg

Now a quick question: do you pronounce it "bee-zel" or "beh-zel"? I pronounce it "beh-zel" but I see youtube reviewers call it "bee-zel".

The G2xPro (320) is still in my top 3 favorite no matter what you call the parts and pieces.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been wondering about this for a while - how sad is that?
I'm a "bee-zel" sort of person.
Maybe you could start a completely pointless poll?
P

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Lol. Ya to be where the light engine is is the head. The bezel is the ring that holds the lens in place. That's the way I have always referred to it as. To old to change now😁

akula88

Enlightened
I always know that BEZEL is the part that holds the incan lamp, and this thread gave me a confused read, which gave me an opportunity to re-read old related E2e/E2d manual.
Here is a scanned page
6aIZV75.jpg

I never use bezel to refer to any (assembled) LED head.

tango44

Enlightened
I need a 6PX tactical and a G2X tactical both 600 lumens, what letter has to be stamped on the latest models?
Thank you.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Letter C for tactical, letter D for pro. But the latest 600 lumen models have the serial number on the head, the old models don't.

RIX TUX

Enlightened
anybody have owned all models (A - D) that could describe the tint and beam shape of each? 200, 320, 600 lumens?......thx

Mr. LED

Enlightened
I have the 200 and 320.

200 emitter is smaller, so it has more throw, tint is cool bluish, I don't like it.

320 is perfect, cream white tint (almost neutral in some cases), amazing mix of throw and spill. The emitter is Nichia 219B.

600 I've never used.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
To follow Mr. LED, I have a 320 and a 600.

The 320 is indeed excellent with the most neutral tint I've ever seen from an LED that wasn't marketed as neutral, and the beam shape is near identical to a Malkoff M61 with Don McGizmo reflector.

Compared to that, the 600's hotspot is noticeably larger and the tint is much cooler and comparatively has a lot of green. I had a second 600 that was stolen out of a vehicle, and its tint was even greener.