The SureFire LX2U-A LumaMax Ultra thread

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Re: LX2 LumaMax Ultra

Thank you!

Hopefully the click version is still on it's way. In the meantime I just need to convince myself that the green tint isn't going to be s dealbreaker. Because if they're advertising it as green, as a feature, you know it's going to be green. Real green. Unless they're just trying to be proactive, if they've had a recent surge of attempted claims about tint complaints (when it wasn't billed as better than white for the human visual spectrum).

SureFire!

:rock:

The DM2 will supposedly have similar specs (500 lumen max through TIR lens) and come with both a two-stage tactical and clicky version.

If you get an AZ2, you can put an LX2 head on the body, and a C/P series clicky on the other end. You only get high mode, though. I'm not sure if the new Lumamax will have the same threads.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'll save you the wear and tear on your flux capacitor. The 2012 cat. lists LX2 Lumamax @ 250 lumens w/2 stage tac switch/dual output click-type. The LX2 Lumamax Ultra @ 500 lumens w/2 stage tac switch. Are they interchangeable? You would think, but it is Surefire. The description of the Ultra also mentions a more "yellowish-green" light, which is the most sensitive colour for the human eye. Thanks for the heads-up on tints!!:laughing:

Sounds great but I cannot put up with greenage at that price. Too bad.

Up All Night

Enlightened
One can hope that since this catalogue was put to bed and printed that some additional development has taken place. Assuming the Ultra is sporting an XM-L, the "yellowish green" would be an apt description of early versions of this emitter. My Zebra SC600 (cool) fits this description and to some extent my Fenix TK41 as well. Tint bins unknown, T-6 flux for the TK41 and I believe I've read Illumination gear state U2 for the SC600. Now, if this light comes out sporting the screaming white tint that my Eagletac D25LC2 U2 has I'll be one happy flashaholic...........When I can afford it!:sigh:

Raptor Factor

Newly Enlightened
Surefire took down their lx2 ultra product page today and edited it out of the shooting sports video that featured it. Not looking good...

Craig K

Enlightened
Surefire took down their lx2 ultra product page today and edited it out of the shooting sports video that featured it. Not looking good...

That does not sound very good, does this mean this light is not coming out anytime soon?

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
This is a stupid move by surefire. If they took it out of the video then I would assume they don't plan to sell it and that would be a bad move in my opinion. That light would sell. Everyone knows it. It would most likely be one of their top sellers. But leave it to companies to do stupid stuff. Surefire wake up!!

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
gee thanks alot recDNA- SureFire executives probably read your negative comment about the green tint they were so proud of, then got embarrassed & pulled it. Hopefully this means they'll go back to the drawing board now & come up with something "screaming white" as per U.A.N.

This isn't the first time we've been teased by SF, but it's definitely the farthest they've ever taken such a prank! Not cool!

wuyeah

Enlightened
I see your thread titled LX2U-"A". Is there a "B" or other versions?

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire have used A and B etc to indicate different versions of model. See the X-type handhelds for example. Perhaps if they offer a version of the LX2U with a clickie type tailcap it'll be the B version...
One may expect the two versions of the proposed EB1 to also have such designations

moozooh

Enlightened
My Zebra SC600 (cool) fits this description and to some extent my Fenix TK41 as well. Tint bins unknown, T-6 flux for the TK41 and I believe I've read Illumination gear state U2 for the SC600.
SC600 is T6, but can be modded to U2. U2s themselves are theoretically available in any chromaticity bin available in cool white spectrum, up to and including 3A, which is 5000–5300 K. Good luck finding that one, though. I wonder if Cree even sells them. :(

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
Perhaps we can email Surefire with complaints to help them decide to reinstate the LX2U. If they get enough response perhaps they will change their minds.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
Well I contacted surefire and from what they said it is an issue of finding a "firm release date" for the light. They said "it will be available." The reason for pulling it as stated was that it was causing confusion among the customers and dealers.--- that's the story or their story. We will have to see I guess.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I contacted surefire and from what they said it is an issue of finding a "firm release date" for the light. They said "it will be available." The reason for pulling it as stated was that it was causing confusion among the customers and dealers.--- that's the story or their story. We will have to see I guess.

Thanks for going the extra mile and sharing the info!

yliu

Enlightened
I love the design of the Lumamax, with 500 lumens it seems to be a must have to me. This light will be the first thing I buy when I go to the US.

Surefire should also update their Aviator models to a brighter LED.

Up All Night

Enlightened
SC600 is T6, but can be modded to U2. U2s themselves are theoretically available in any chromaticity bin available in cool white spectrum, up to and including 3A, which is 5000–5300 K. Good luck finding that one, though. I wonder if Cree even sells them. :(

I have always been under the impression it was T6. Zebralight only refers to it as cool white 6300K. In the Zebra SC600/SC600w part 2 thread post # 352 lebox97(Illumination Gear) says it's been U2 since day 1. The U2 in the Eagletac D25LC2(listed @ 6000K) is far "whiter" with a more consistent colour across the beam. The least Zebra could do is print the flux bin, many manufacturers are reluctant to disclose tint bins.

Craig K,
Apologies for this OT post.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Has anyone heard any kind of update as far as a release date for the LX2 Ultra?

Just the "Available for order on 12/31. Pricing is still to be determined" Which as I understand is still an estimate. So far, there's no indication that it's going to ship in the next couple of weeks though.