The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
Re: Glass not all its cracked up to be in the Fury...

I got one of the new bodied furies. Came with a marvelous tint a little bit on the cool side but pretty much perfect white. It's amazing, I like the look of the old body more but this feels a lot more secure with the knurling

Bogie

Enlightened

Can anyone recommend a good holster for a fury looking for a bezel up unit. The SF ones have been wearing out on me rather quickly (Velcro not holding, getting loose on the light) thinking kydex.

BugoutBoys

Enlightened

Can anyone recommend a good holster for a fury looking for a bezel up unit. The SF ones have been wearing out on me rather quickly (Velcro not holding, getting loose on the light) thinking kydex.
There are some great ones! Look at the V70. I had it for my fury but I prefer the Nylon ones. The V70 is a hard polymer with a metal retention spring inside so you put the light in (Bezel up) and it just clips in and holds it very securely! It's quick and easy to pull out too though. I would highly recommend it.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kytex Shooting Gear do a holster suitable for Surefire 1" diameter bodied lights.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Forcetech.biz

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
Mine is from the first run too and does not have a spring. That's the only thing I don't like about it...it hasn't been a problem, but I would rather have a spring too.

I can't speak for the newer Furys.

The XM-L2 (updated old body) Furys have dual springs and so do the new body Furys

Last edited:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wish my Fury had two springs, but I haven't had a problem either...it's even been dropped multiple times and I've had no problems. Maybe if it was mounted to a gun it would be an issue though.

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
Re: Surefire Fury

I just wanted to let everyone here know that I absolutely love my Fury. I tried out ElZetta and it made me love my Fury even more. It's literally the perfect flashlight for my needs. If anyone is hesitating to get one, don't. It's wonderfully wonderful.

cp2315

Enlightened
Re: The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

I acquired a new p2x 600 lumen dual off eBay at $80. Wondering if it shares same driver with p3x. If so I can use two 16340 to get 1000 lumen? Any experience here?
oh, this is a xml2, knurled body and two spring one. Everything is great except tiny is a bit green.

Last edited:

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Re: The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Was one of the reasons I sold my P2X.

I miss it, though.

J Smith

Newly Enlightened

My Fury will be here tomorrow. Been looking as well. I had been using a SF v21 but they are no longer being made. Think I am going to get one of the Maxpedition 5 in flashlight holsters. Also found this one on ebay that looks good,about the same design as the Maxped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/31159989169...49&var=610553849795&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Fury will be here tomorrow. Been looking as well. I had been using a SF v21 but they are no longer being made. Think I am going to get one of the Maxpedition 5 in flashlight holsters. Also found this one on ebay that looks good,about the same design as the Maxped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/31159989169...49&var=610553849795&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

You'll like the Maxpedition. On another note, my wife and I were vacationing last summer in Alabama where I just happened to find what I assumed was the last new V21 holster on Earth. Bought it with a quickness for under $20.

J Smith

Newly Enlightened

You'll like the Maxpedition. On another note, my wife and I were vacationing last summer in Alabama where I just happened to find what I assumed was the last new V21 holster on Earth. Bought it with a quickness for under $20.

I need to make a call. I may know a place that might still have a few in stock.

J Smith

Newly Enlightened

Got it. Very impressed! I can't make out any green tint on mine.
The place I though might have a v21 does not. One more place to check and then I will order the Maxped.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all!
I bought a flashlight, he's from an early batch (A00108).
Inner diameter 17.1 mm, gave to master-turner, I'm afraid - the head does not unscrew,
it is possible to damage plate in the depth via cutter. I think that the battery 17670 too fat.
I'm wondering if it can work properly on battery eagletac 16650 2500mAh ?

As for the old question, it glass or plastic - I do not know))

bilder kostenlos

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire Fury

It's interesting your serial is on the head of the light...mine is from the first run (pretty sure) and the serial is on the body.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened

Is there something wrong w/ the start date of this thread? 2008? I see that the first 5 posts are in 2008, then it jumps to 2011. IIRC, the Furys became available in early 2012...