The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

dpadams6

Newly Enlightened
Re: Glass not all its cracked up to be in the Fury...

Curious if anyone here has had this light tested in a sphere? Mine just seems a lot brighter than 15 and 500 lumens. Out of all the light reviews out there, it seems it's always harder to find testing of Surefires.

Agreed. Mine on 500 seems as bright as some of my lights that are 1000

uofaengr

Enlightened

Feel my LX2 is brighter also than 200 lumens. For the P2X I'd say an easy 700-800 lumens is how it appears to me, and that's with a 16650. Maybe a little brighter with 2 CR123s. I know cooler tints will appear brighter, but really did almost look the same brightness as a TN12 on turbo. The P2X has a beautiful beam profile though at distance.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

It would be interesting to find out what the actual lumen output of all versions of the fury. Surefire is well known for understating output of their lights, so I wouldn't be surprised if they underrated the Fury.

It's definitely my favorite "outside" light and really comes in handy at my girlfriend's farm at night...it has enough throw to spot animals in the fields a couple hundred yards away and has great spill that lights up the whole area nearby as well.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

It would be interesting to find out what the actual lumen output of all versions of the fury. Surefire is well known for understating output of their lights, so I wouldn't be surprised if they underrated the Fury.

It's definitely my favorite "outside" light and really comes in handy at my girlfriend's farm at night...it has enough throw to spot animals in the fields a couple hundred yards away and has great spill that lights up the whole area nearby as well.

My SF thoughts are likely already known. But I think the Fury is a beacon of the current SF line up ( including the G2X / 6PX ). Reliable, well built, decent runtimes and price..ect.

On the output, I gather initially it was around 500 at first with an unsolicited 600 coming in around a year later. One thing to note: the now "old" P2X & P3X are the same head.... saves on production costs with an $86 markup on 1" worth of aluminum. If they had dedicated heads, I would think you would get exceptional runtimes out of the 600 model. It will likely be the same on the new heads...?

Either way, G2X 6PX & Fury would be the only SF lights I recommend based on my experience.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

Reviews!!!! Pics!!!!

Has SF made a turn toward their full former glory starting with the new Fury lineup? These look great and it's pretty obvious they took consideration to CPF feedback not only on the design but the price point as well. The people want to know more!

:poke:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

How is Forrest the only that appears to be interested!?

Lets see what you got SF. Make me eat my hat. They got knurling folks! Where'd everyone go?

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd be a lot more excited about it if I could justify buying another expensive light, when the Fury I have does what I need it to do. Maybe I'll get one at some point when the price drops a bit, or maybe a used one off the Marketplace, when they start showing up on there.

As for everyone else, CPF seems to have changed...I've noticed lately that people on here don't seem to get quite as excited as they used to about new lights. Back in the day, as soon as a new light hit the streets, you'd be sure to find a review posted the next day, or at least within a couple of days, but not anymore. It's like when I was asking about the new version of the copper Maratac CR123 light and whether it had PWM or not and nobody would, or could tell me if it had it, or if it had constant current regulation, weeks after the thing was available for purchase! WTF?! And I knew that people on that very thread had bought one or more of them, because they had pictures posted of their new lights. I wound up just buying one and posted that information myself...and I even searched a few different times for reviews on that light for a couple of weeks, but nada.

Maybe it's just me, but CPF seems to have lost that old excitement (and maybe knowledge about lights?)...and I have too, I must admit. I have so many nice lights, that I just duck in here every now and then to see what's going on, rather than checking in a few times a day.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good post.

Very interesting insight. I think you may be on to something. I mean really, what could possibly come out that we haven't seen in one form or another?

McGizmo / Malkoff / HDS / SPY 007...... a million more lights I missed, just my favorites.... What could possibly be cooler than a SPY 007!? You could mount a Malkoff on a tank........ Dial in the exact amount of light with an HDS.....then remodel a brick wall with it......McGizmo.......an ode to modern (future?) art.....many Gizz models have been out years and they still look like there from the future...not to mention the dead reliable engineering and amazing beams....

I mean heck....Olight is getting 500 lumens out of something smaller than my thumb!!! David Chow flashlight celebrity...... If I taped 1 on the back of each finger...thats 5,000 lumens for both hands....I'd be like an Edward Saberhands! ( Winona, Im still in love with you, did you get my letter? Call me! )

I think we reached the outer limits of the flashlight universe! What could possibly come next? :popcorn:

Now someone review this thing and get some pics up! Thanks!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

First off, I am starting to get bored with flashlights. Nothing here seems to excite me as much as they do in the old days. Now it seems like everyone is copying everyone's ideas but I don't blame the manufacturers. How much more innovation can one get out of a flashlight? China is playing the lumen game and US is playing the durability card. When you reach higher lumen outputs, any increase in lumens just seems so incremental and nothing seems to wow me now. When you have some really durable and reliable lights, they work so well I have no need for more. Unfortunately you can't have it all. You can't push the LED hard for extra brightness without a compromise on lifespan of the light or for practical run time.

With Surefire they have been going down the slope as far as I am concerned. Time after time of receiving greenish looking tints and lights exhibiting minor issues like flickering and whatnot has caused me to shy away from Surefire. I was a fanboy but now I avoid their products if I have to. I just bought myself a Titan Plus and though I love the overall build and beam profile, the greenish tint is kind of disappointing. I like the Titan Plus but it will never be my favorite. I have had more success with tints coming from Chinese manufacturers than I have with US manufacturers but maybe that's just me.

For the Fury, I love mine and I am lucky to have gotten one with an almost creamy white tint but I have seen so many examples of Fury with a greenish tint. Yucks! They may provide knurling on the newer models but they are not getting my money until they admit that greenish tint is ugly and make a change.

My current favorite now is my HDS High CRI rotary and the Eagletac DX30LC2 with a 4000K XP-L HI emitter, and they are the ones in my pocket everyday.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast

My confidence in SureFire for quality has eroded as well. The only SureFire I have is the G2X Pro(320lumens of beautiful tint) and Titan-A(failed within the first day, got it replaced). I am now waiting for my Zebralight SC5(which produces 500 lumens on a single eneloop) that will become my new favourite. :p

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I seriously contemplated getting one but am backing out because I don't care for the automatic input lowering after 2.5 minutes. I would rather just have a constant 400-500 lumens without dimming and enjoy the greater runtime.

I am waiting for the SF to introduce a G3X Pro, same concept, and the plastic lense does not break.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll probably pick up a knurled Fury at some point. I like to keep it simple and Surefire's one or two mode lights work for me.

jodoma

Newly Enlightened

Here's my new knurled Fury. Already marked up a bit. Hate that but knew it was coming. Want to get it bored for 18650 asap. This is the single output with clicky.

411fd3f9ddd8070563e0e4b738e7f5a5.jpg

5baa15cfda32808114df251052148198.jpg

42ce59d7cc54527e5fc293b246d832c7.jpg

knucklehead726

Newly Enlightened

Speaking of knurling check out the pr1 Peacemaker. Has 18650 with the light and a charger. And goes on high first then low. 202.00 del. 600lms

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

All interesting points and thanks for the pic. Personally I liked the old design, if they could of just beefed the lens area up ( that is a crash bezel per SF ) and knurled the bonkers out of it I think they would have a great looking light. This ones OK, but from the pic it looks a bit...... clumsy? Usually it takes time to warm up to. That said, I got a mint condition open box G2.... the real deal.....$30 and a Malkoff incoming....scored the G2 at the army surplus ( what the hell makes ammo boxes smell like that!? ) I was surprised by how much I liked the incandescent.... Maybe I'll just run a set of cells through it and spend some time with it before the Malkoff comes.. how long do the bulbs last?

jodoma

Newly Enlightened

Speaking of knurling check out the pr1 Peacemaker. Has 18650 with the light and a charger. And goes on high first then low. 202.00 del. 600lms

Almost went with one of those but the single output one didn't have a clicky-so I went with the fury which has a nice clicky.

Jackyl

Enlightened

What emitter do these "new" 600l models have in them?

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
It looks like an XM-L2.
e6aaf9246773adffe0062c0388c91e36.jpg

I scooped this one up in the CPF Mall from Scout and it's a nice update to the old Fury models. I REALLY like it.
41340d9065be51ec6a3ffc7c1d2ddd4d.jpg
Does the low mode also have a green tint? With the white board of the LED it seems like it shouldn't?

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the low mode also have a green tint? With the white board of the LED it seems like it shouldn't?

I've gotten so accustomed to green tints on low with my other Surefire's, that it's hard for me to notice it. This one looks more neutral to me, with maybe a touch of yellow/green in the corona.