• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Titanium Sapphire AAA Light

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're a lot heavier than lithium cells but they work great and last a long time.

Thank you for your response! I wanted to ask before I put an Enelope Pro into my beloved Sapphire. I wanted to make sure that it wouldn't kill my light.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to hear from someone who has actual experience with these but as far as I know, there should be no problem or issue.
Thank you Don!! I am going to be putting an Enelope Pro into my beloved Sapphire. I wanted to ask, as I don't want anything to happen to my precious little light.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
TKC,

I think you should be fine. I have had an eneloop in my wife's Arc AAA for years and just charge as needed, I also have an additional custom made AAA, similar to the Sapphire and it came with an eneloop installed from the maker.

I know photographers use eneloops, and put them through hell in their on camera flashes on jobs that the average photographer would never consider or even do, and they have not caused any problems, that I have heard about. I don't use them in my on camera flashes as I use a fresh set of primaries on each project, and on large projects I even swap out as needed during the event.

I give the camera reference as we generate quite a bit of heat in our equipment on some of these projects, and I have never heard of any trouble with eneloops, so your sapphire should be fine. I run a lithium in my Sapphire but, I have used eneloops in it before and had no problems. While I am no expert on batteries I think the eneloops are a pretty safe product.

Recently, I had an RCR 123, protected 16340 fail on me, and it is only a few months old. It failed in my Haiku while on a flight moving our Philadelphia cat to California when I went to use the light it would not come on at all so went I to my bag in the over head took a CR123 primary, and installed it - problem solved. After this failure, I thought, I was just checking on the well being of the feline, what if this had been a real emergency on the flight. Nevertheless, I also had my XML Haiku clipped on my other pocket but still...

These protected batteries are, to me, complex, and until I learn from the trusted experts here, I will switch back to primaries. However, I feel safe using the eneloops in anything. From what I have gathered here so far eneloops don't have as complex a chemistry like some of the rechargeables do.

I may join you in running eneloops in my Sapphire once again on a permanent basis as it seems like the perfect combination.

Hope you enjoy your Sapphire, as it is a very nice little light.

Best of luck,

RL

Last edited:

Dragunov656

Newly Enlightened
Hi Don,

Your Sapphire LED lights are Very Cool indeed.I'm still loving my Sapphire LED lights that i received from you some time ago.Just a long term update Sir.Thanks Sir.

Photon

Newly Enlightened
DSC_1289.jpg

Is there a flashlight in this picture?

Vemice

Enlightened
Gotta wake this thread up.
Just received my second Sapphire. Originally got the 5600k but really like a warmer one at night; mostly to read menus or bathroom trips.
I now feel complete. Thank you Don for making this little light. Absolutely love it (them).
B7PvEjOl.jpg

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotta wake this thread up.
Just received my second Sapphire. Originally got the 5600k but really like a warmer one at night; mostly to read menus or bathroom trips.
I now feel complete. Thank you Don for making this little light. Absolutely love it (them).

I have the 5700 and love it. Which one did you get that is warmer - 4000K?

Vemice

Enlightened
I have the 5700 and love it. Which one did you get that is warmer - 4000K?

3200k, What a beautiful warm light. I had a Sofrin 3200k and sold it. I missed it so much, I got this one to make up for it. I bit of a step up but I love titanium.