• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The word's brightest flashlight yet---------IMALENT DX80 32000lumens

Hi seery,

For 120v here in the United States, the 19v 2 Amp output Charger is insufficient and stops working. I don't know what Imalent will do about this but I decided for myself that being less than $10 to fix, I purchased a stronger 19v output charger from Amazon. Here is the picture of the bad OEM charger on the left; and replacement charger I purchased from Amazon on the right. By the way, the pin connector size is 5.5mm x 2.5mm, and amperage output is 3.42 Amps.

I'm very interested in trying one out.

Have the charger/charging issues been resolved?

If so, how would we know we're getting the most current production?

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks S&R! Very much appreciated.

Looks like an easy enough fix for what is quickly becoming a must have light.

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
Interesting - My charger was DOA out of the box. After being unable to prompt any meaningful action from the seller, I contacted Imalent directly and within a couple of days they shipped me a replacement charger for free. Coming from China that takes a little while but it's through customs and due any day now, I'll be able to see if it's the same or improved.

Imalent did mention some people at their office had been using a laptop charger on it. Personally I had looked at laptop chargers previously on amazon but I didn't know if the higher amperage (they averaged 3.75A) would be a problem for the light's components. Kinda an expensive light to experiment on.

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
Well, the replacement charger arrived. Identical to the original one. This one actually worked out of the box. But after a couple hours of charging it overheated and died. So, problem still exists.

I just went on amazon and bought one of the generic Asus replacement chargers, 19V 3.42A 5.5mm x 2.5mm.

The light itself is fine.

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
Pictures of my unboxing a perfected Imalent DX80. Note the black charger pin (instead of yellow) and "US" on the box. These are two indicators that one is receiving the final perfected third batch version.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the replacement charger they sent me that died after a couple of hours also had a black charger pin. As did my original charger that arrived DOA.

Hope yours lasts longer.

Striwa

Newly Enlightened
How long did it take to get shipped? I ordered mine from Gearbest and got notification it shipped the 13th.

Thanks

I chose USA Priority Line with shipping insurance at Checkout and it took 2 weeks door-to-door. The tracking number I received is for Fedex Smartpost. "USEXPLO" was not clear to me where I could track my shipment, as this was my first order from GearBest. I used their customer service system and was informed it was a FedEx Smartpost tracking number, to my delight.

I hope this detail helps you my friend. :buddies:

How long did it take to get shipped? I ordered mine from Gearbest and got notification it shipped the 13th.

Thanks

Striwa

Newly Enlightened
Got the light today. Awesome light!! But after a few minutes of turbo, I notices condensation inside the lens. I seen someone else mention this but couldn't find it with the search. Any idea how to get rid or this?

Thanks

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the light today. Awesome light!! But after a few minutes of turbo, I notices condensation inside the lens. I seen someone else mention this but couldn't find it with the search. Any idea how to get rid or this?

Thanks
Give it time to air out with the battery tube off.

The condensation is caused by a change in the environment (humidity, temp) and is very normal for lights freshly delivered due to how they travel in post.

Just let it air out. Or, if you have some desiccant packets, you can leave those inside the light. Or, you can just use it and eventually the problem will go away.

Striwa

Newly Enlightened
Right on, I figured it will go away as warm as the head gets. Good to know.

Thanks

Last edited:

Striwa

Newly Enlightened
Also, I'm surprised the strobe mode isn't full 32,000 lumens. I was hoping it would be.

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
Forget about the strobe... I don't see how this flashlight could be putting out anything even approaching 32000 lumens OTF even if the LED's are being ridiculously over-driven. I checked the specs for the XHP70.2 and the maximum LED lumens are 2015. That times 8 comes out to 16120 ANSI LED lumens total. Am I missing something?

Keitho

Enlightened
Double the LED manufacturer's specs isn't out of the ordinary. I'm holding a 3x70.2 light modded by Vinh, 21,000 lumen OTF (7000 per LED). Now THAT is pushing the envelope a bit! It's a great way to celebrate the solstice, by the way!

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
Well, I can say it's like this - fire up a 100 lumen AAA, you think "that's pretty decent for a light this size." Then a 1000 lumen 18650 and you think, "wow that's pretty bright". Then you light up a 3K+ lumen 26650 and you think, "man that's an impressive amount of power, how could anyone need anything brighter?".

And then you pop the DX80 into turbo and it's like someone set off a nuke. Makes the 3K+ look like a AAA in comparison. It redefines what "bright" means.

klrman

Newly Enlightened
My DX80 hasn't arrive yet, but is it safe to say the newer charger are duds as well? Thinking of just getting a laptop charger myself.

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
My DX80 hasn't arrive yet, but is it safe to say the newer charger are duds as well? Thinking of just getting a laptop charger myself.

The newer charger I had fried before it had completed a single recharge cycle. I'd wait for yours to die before getting the laptop charger but when it does, yes, get the laptop charger instead of a replacement from Imalent.

klrman

Newly Enlightened
The newer charger I had fried before it had completed a single recharge cycle. I'd wait for yours to die before getting the laptop charger but when it does, yes, get the laptop charger instead of a replacement from Imalent.

From reading the eu forums, looks like only the US chargers are failing. Something about it not being suited for 110v vs 220 for the eu. Apparently it has to step up the power double and overheats. Oh well, two weeks ago I threw out my second toshiba laptop charger, which is 9V, as I sold the laptop and figured I would never need it again, but I was wresting whether I should chuck it or not!