Things I've learned the hard way . . .(Part 2)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yikes. I hope the watch is ok. I think that's one of Murphy's Laws - the more expensive and fragile something is, the more likely it will be dropped.

I once showed a silicon wafer (with microscopic chip die etched into it) to a co-worker, and he asked if he could borrow it to pass around in a technical training class. I warned him that it was extremely fragile, and he promised to bring it back intact. Well, the first guy in the class who he passed it to shattered it.
:ohgeez:

I have a couple more of those wafers but I don't pass them around any more.

Last edited:
That wonderful lady managed yesterday to drop my brand new Omega Seamaster, list price ~ 5.5k$, from a height of about 30cm onto our wooden kitchen tray when having a look at it.

:banghead: :hairpull:

Cheers

RBR

Well, you know, RBR, Chuck Norris wouldn't have just stood there and watched in horror. Nope, he would have caught it before it landed. :) Chuck Norris for the win.

~ Chance

OK, that makes no sense whatsoever. What job before? Your wonderful lady dropping it? She has a beard? What are you on about, man? Stop drinking, you've had enough.

No more cheers for you!

~ Chance

I don't know about all that, ^ but I do know your English is superior to my German.

Chuck Norris and Superman once fought for the fun of it. To make it more interesting they agreed the loser had to wear his underwear on the outside of his clothes.

Chuck Norris for the win! :twothumbs

~ Chance

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steel toed shoes actually protect your toes a lot more than you can imagine. They just do a poor job at protecting the rest of your foot, especially about where the steel cap ends...

Since the Germans quit knocking with howitzers and tanks at their neighbour´s doors about 70 years ago some of them opened their own battlefields in what they call "third half" around soccer matches, just hools.

Wearing a blue/white scarf or jersey (colours of Schalke04 from Gelsenkirchen) you would very likely not even make it close to the Borsig-Platz in Dortmund, at least not on your own feet.

:)

I fear not even C.N. would make it because only the try will make his Delta Force job look like a kindergarten birthday party.

:whistle:

Cheers

RBR

Chuck Norris was born March 10, 1940. At five years of age he was already making the world a safer place to live. :wow:

~ Chance

Ah yes, football team spirit clubs. A few years back, I watched Green Street Hooligans. It made me sad to realize so many people would conduct themselves in such a manner. Still, better them fighting each other than marching lock-step toward their neighbor's. :shakehead

Ich bete es dir gut geht,

~ Chance

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
When picking up an unfamiliar flashlight to try it out, point it away from your eyes before turning it on. I saw a co-worker's flashlight sitting on a desk the other day, so I picked it up to check it out, and (click) OWW!. Yeah, that's a decent light. :eek:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Lol, yeah. :)

I learned two things from that -

1) Don't look directly at the light while turning it on.

2) I should know this by now, so apparently I'm an idiot. :laughing: