This light won't work..help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optical Inferno

Enlightened
You might want to have a look in the automotive section of this forum. Systems like these are actually illegal as they do not produce the proper beam pattern.

Yeah, I know that they are just reversing lights but they could be a sticky point if a police officer does notice them and decides to press the issue.

Also, Sylvania has released many of these products in the last few months. You should check your packaging for the words "offroad use only" or "interior LED replacement". You might want to post something in the automotive section asking about legal upgrades for your vehicle. The other posters here are usually very helpful when it comes to this type of request

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought two of these http://www.ԁԁmtunіng.cоm/Рrоduсts/3156-5W9x5630W

To go into my front turn signals on my 2010 f150 they won't turn on. Any advice on how to get them to work?

Even if they turned on, they wouldn't work. They are not a safe, effective, or legal product, and because they don't (can't! won't!) produce a compliant turn signal pattern in your F-150, they render the turn signals inoperative.

Neither are these a good replacement for reversing lamps in any vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
To the OP...Sylvania (Osram's unruly step child) virtually only makes junk now days. Go with Philips products if you're looking for quality.

stx.dead.I

Newly Enlightened
Even if they turned on, they wouldn't work. They are not a safe, effective, or legal product, and because they don't (can't! won't!) produce a compliant turn signal pattern in your F-150, they render the turn signals inoperative.

Neither are these a good replacement for reversing lamps in any vehicle.

There's nothing in the texAs transportation code regarding the beam pattern or intensity of the turn signal

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I bought two of these http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/3156-5W9x5630W
To go into my front turn signals on my 2010 f150 they won't turn on. Any advice on how to get them to work?

The advice you need is probably not the advice you want: you need to remove those from your vehicle and put the correct bulbs back in. There is no safe, effective, legal LED retrofit for the turn signals on your truck -- not from anyone.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
There's nothing in the texAs transportation code regarding the beam pattern or intensity of the turn signal

Yes, actually, there is. TX has formally adopted Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 (the Federal standard on vehicle lights and reflectors) which specifies turn signal performance.

In texas you don't have to have Amber turn signals in the front

Yes, you do. FMVSS 108 requires amber front turn signals -- no other color is acceptable -- and TX has adopted FMVSS 108.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do. See Section 547.3215 of TN547.
Sec. 547.3215. USE OF FEDERAL STANDARD. Unless specifically prohibited by this chapter, lighting, reflective devices, and associated equipment on a vehicle or motor vehicle must comply with: (1) the current federal standards in 49 C.F.R. Section 571.108; or (2) the federal standards in that section in effect, if any, at the time the vehicle or motor vehicle was manufactured.
I am not a lawyer nor a lighting law expert, but I take this to mean that "Unless we forbid a particular device, all lighting equipment and reflectors must follow Federal standards named. Here is a link to Law.Cornell.Edu about that standard. Read away - It specifies several tests certified to have been done by the manufacturer. This is why you'll find either a pointless lawsuit, or verbage to the effect of "Off-road / internal use only" on that package. Most states follow the following pattern: Cannot forbid federally-legal lighting devices Can require more-strict things - Usually they don't Head-nod at illegal lighting devices until someone gets hurt

stx.dead.I

Newly Enlightened
Well for curiosity purposes what would I need to do to make these work in the turn signals?

Last edited:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Well for curiosity purposes what would I need to do to make these work in the turn signals?

Sorry, no. We don't do childish nudge-wink "heh heh heh 'off road use only' heh heh heh" games here. The rules (including #11) really mean what they say. You agreed to follow the rules (including #11) when you signed up for CPF, and you will need to do so. Do the smart thing and throw those unsafe and illegal bulbs in the trash. Or do the dumb thing and keep mucking with them or others like them until you get them to light up. Either way, we will not be helping you to endanger traffic safety. End of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.