This one has it all....

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
I just did a search on google and found a company Trig Instruments that has a price. $160 NZ dollars and the converter on their page made this: 160.0 New Zealand dollars = 117.68254 US dollars. I e-mailed them to see if they will ship to the US. The light isn't available for another week or so, so I have time to figure out how to get one to the US.

Graywolf

Newly Enlightened
If you go to the Silva web site, the only importer listed in the US is Brunton. Brunton said "They will not be importing that headlamp". I also found the New Zeland site that Spinkid found. I am waiting for their answer to him. Shipping is going to be outrageous.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
I am giving them a call. Wow

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm liking the sound of that!

Would be great to have these in your shop.

Sigbjoern

NorthernStar

Enlightened
he_l1.jpg

This head lamp looks like a beauty! According to the specs it has a throwing range up to 100 meters when on full effect(ultra bright).I wonder how far the light range is if one has the effect on the second brightest effect(bright)?

That would be interesting to know,because if i had this head lamp,i would probably use the second full effect(bright mode) mostly. It has a burn time of 6 hours,while the super bright mode has a burn time of 2 hours.

Now i am confused /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. I had decided to buy a Petzl Myo XP first,but now when seeing this headlamp,i think that this one looks more attractive than the XP.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
NorthernStar, I'm quite sure the runtime is when you use the AA batteries, so when using the C battery holder you should get 3 times that runtime.

Living in Sweden you will probably be able to get this light before anyone else.

Sigbjoern

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Sigbjoern,

i have tonight lurked around a little and located one dealer in Sweden that sells the Silva L1. It´s from www.kanotcentrum.se and there it goes for 995 Swedish crowns,that´s about 147$. I see that you live in Norway.If you don´t find any dealer in Norway and you would like to order one L1,you can order from Sweden. The only problem is that you have to pay about 25%(i think) in VAT and shipping costs.

Yes,if one uses the C battery holder,the burntime will increase dramatically.I will consider it for a while,but i strongly think that i am going to order a Silva L1.It looks like it´s the perfect LED headlamp for running that is a combination of being small and no bulky yet very powerful. I have being looking for a light like this for years now.If i buy one,i will deffinately get back here with pictures and a review.

/David

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
NorthernStar said: I had decided to buy a Petzl Myo XP first,but now when seeing this headlamp,i think that this one looks more attractive than the XP.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Myo XP has the big advantage of flood and spot beam and of a much lower price.
The Silva has regulation and is probably much betetr heatsinked for longer high-power runtime.

Maybe there is a 'beam shaper' available which fits this headlamp...

Graywolf

Newly Enlightened
JonSidneyB
What is the status on the SILVA Headlamp L1? Are you going to import them or is it a dead issue? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
I ordered both the L1 and L2 from Trig on either March 14th or 15th. Shipping was approximately 20$NZ with order tracking being another 10$NZ. I will let you guys know when it arrives.

Graywolf

Newly Enlightened
Spinkid,
You might have a little bit of a wait. At the bottom of the web site for Trig in red letters, it states: "This product is due in stock <font color="red">around </font> Monday 25 April, 2005." I received one reply from Sweden and they wanted $199 US. I also contacted the Silva distributor in Canada and the answer was "Unfortunately we do not carry the headlamps from Sweden;". Why is it so hard to purchase a quality product that we have to go to Australia or New Zeeland?

Polaris

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
spinkid said:
I ordered both the L1 and L2 from Trig on either March 14th or 15th. Shipping was approximately 20$NZ with order tracking being another 10$NZ. I will let you guys know when it arrives.

[/ QUOTE ]
For all the Silva L series, the Trig Instruments web-site says "This product is due in stock around Monday 25 April, 2005."

These devices may be available sooner in Europe. www.friluft.se suggests availability on 4 April 2005.

[www.friluft.se quotes price of 950 SEK + 120 SEK shipping within EU. The total would convert to approx 118 EUR or 81 GBP].

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
Graywolf, You know everytime I read that, my mind played tricks and it releated the date to March 25 not April, that is a bit of a bummer. I will just have to wait, I am really in no hurry.

zerge

Newly Enlightened
The local Silva rep said some rumors about beam filters, but nothing sure. (They still don't have the lights.)

BTW he was also unsure of the waterproofness, though they indicate caving (IPX6 is not submersible).

I love when companies trying to compete. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Personally I wouldn't trust any headlight for running without an upper headstrap. Either the strap is too tight, or the lamp slips down slowly. But we should see.

I think helmet hooks can be easily made at home. I've made some from coated wire, but I have seen beautiful ones from bended and dipped aluminium sheets.

Polaris

Newly Enlightened

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh2.gif... 125 Euro is a lot of money for a headlamp. Even for a flashaholic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
We can't buy directly from Hombel but I'll call my local outdoor shop on Monday and I'll keep you updated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Delivery status:

It was first expected that the Silva L1 should be available in the begining of April. Then it got delayed until April 18,and today i got informed that it has been further delayed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif.Probably date for availability is April 25,or at least at during the next week.

I think it´s poor of Silva that they can´t keep their delivery promises. One shold not give a promise in the first place if one can´t back it up to 100%.I have preordered mine L1,and i am realy eager to receive it and test it.Hope that i will get it in the begining of next week.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to hear what you think about it, when you finally get it.
I thought paper launches belonged to the computer hardware industry, looks like it has entered the flashlight business as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Sigbjoern

Polaris

Newly Enlightened
NorthernStar - I am sure that there are others who will be interested to hear what you make of the L1. Is your availability report coming from the supplier that you mentioned earlier (www.kanotcentrum.se)?

There are two questions about this headlamp that interest me. (1) as this light does not have a top-strap, and as it is supposed to weigh 226 g with batteries, how stable is it? In particular, how stable is it for running? (Silva claim that it is suitable for running). (2) how good is the heat-sink?