• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Thrunite CATvn V6 - 26650 Thrower Perfection R

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
D1S looks weird with its 18650 tube. The V6 looks way more proportionate with its 26650, not to mention probably more comfy as well.

domho8

Newly Enlightened
Just gotten.
1979e592bd7ec578de7fca8145e9f6d0.jpg

domho8

Newly Enlightened
Night beam shot.
Amazing throw for such a compact flashlight.
But on turbo mode it gets pretty hot fast
2bbad37eea593d1850e6c64b58d0a034.jpg

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh's lights are impressive indeed, but he didn't do much to the V6, just a power boost of only a couple hundred lumens, which will make little to no difference visually.

Stock V6 is a monstrous light, but all that power in that small host does heat up quickly on max output.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh's lights are impressive indeed, but he didn't do much to the V6, just a power boost of only a couple hundred lumens, which will make little to no difference visually.

Stock V6 is a monstrous light, but all that power in that small host does heat up quickly on max output.

Thats how we keep the prices low? ;-)

But rest assured that there will be mean versions of the CatVN in the future! May be just ONE-OFFs as cost and labor can get in the way of mass production.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do have your speedy and dependable customer service though, compared to dealing with a chinese company. I may have to inquiry you as to having one with a cerakoting with osram black flat in it. Sometime. The host is so awesome.

Dio

Newly Enlightened
Thats how we keep the prices low? ;-)

But rest assured that there will be mean versions of the CatVN in the future! May be just ONE-OFFs as cost and labor can get in the way of mass production.

Do you think CFT90 is a possibility for this light?

I only ask as the difference between a stock Cat V6 vs a stock TN40S is not as great as the ~2x LUX and ~2.5x Lumens would indicate. Basically for the size increase you are left wanting a lot more...so either a TN40Svn is needed with XHP35 HI or a much more desirable option would be a Cat V6 that closes the performance gap and enables a much more compact pocket carry option..

Just my 2c :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Do you think CFT90 is a possibility for this light?

I only ask as the difference between a stock Cat V6 vs a stock TN40S is not as great as the ~2x LUX and ~2.5x Lumens would indicate. Basically for the size increase you are left wanting a lot more...so either a TN40Svn is needed with XHP35 HI or a much more desirable option would be a Cat V6 that closes the performance gap and enables a much more compact pocket carry option..

Just my 2c :)

Yes but ~ 3000 Lumen tops & price would be crazy expensive.

CatVN:
XHP35 HI 6500K
Lumen: 2050
Intensity: 190Kcd
Throw: 872m

TN40Svn Spec 3 XHP35 HI 6500K
Lumen: 9000
Intensity: 520Kcd
Throw: 1442m

CatVN cant touch TN40Svn in terms of performance