Thrunite T3400 3400mAh 18650 battery questions

N1TRO

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have recently purchased a Thrunite tn35 in a bundle with these batteries and an MCC-4 charger. They appear to be Panasonic cells and seem of high quality according to reviews on their site and general mentioning in posts but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these batteries and if so what are they like?

Thanks,
N1TRO.

Dex Robinson

Newly Enlightened
I've been using Thrunite 3400mah 18650's exclusively in my PD32, PD35 and TN11S V2 for between 5 and 6 months. They continue to perform flawlessly. You should be very pleased with them.

N1TRO

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys, sounds like they are good then. Should I be worried about the heat the charger makes or is it fine? Also out of curiosity, how is the cell dated? Is there better performing cells now?

Thanks,
N1TRO.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies guys, sounds like they are good then. Should I be worried about the heat the charger makes or is it fine? Also out of curiosity, how is the cell dated? Is there better performing cells now?

Thanks,
N1TRO.

Getting slightly warmer than ambient is fine when charging, especially I guess during the CC phase. The NCR-B is a bit older and was the capacity king. It still does well with capacity, but you now have hybrid cells like the Sanyo/Panasonic NCR-GA, which is a 3500mAh cell, but does 10A continuous, so better for higher current loads.

Chris

markr6

Flashaholic
About the exposed metal around the top: does anyone know if that is actually carrying power or is it just a shell?

I'd want to re-wrap that with an insulator if it's carrying current.

What the heck is that!?!? Pretty strange that whole upper segment is covered.

markr6

Flashaholic
I assume that's protection circuitry that Thrunite has added on their own to an unprotected Panasonic cell...?

It has to be since there's nothing on the bottom, but a lot different from the usual circuits.

markr6

Flashaholic
thanks for the pictures, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to stripping one myself. :twothumbs

I hate to do it, but sometimes I'm just so curious.

BTW, I'm convinced Keeppower IMR 3200mAh are NCR18650BE...not BD!! I stripped one and didn't show anything, but the groves on the bottom tell the story. Marketing 20A pulse/10A continuous on a 3.6A continuous cell :shakehead I don't care how it performs in a few tests.

Latest posts