• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti PD Order Thread: **CLOSED**

LuxTeon8

Newly Enlightened
Re: Ti PD Order Thread

2 Ti PD email sent
Bin preference:
UYAJ
UX0K
UV1J
UX1K
TY0H
TW0J

kennyj

Enlightened

Damn... looks like we may be very close to 90, if not already there!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Email Order sent!

Hey, guys, this is ridiculous. I'm not even sure if there are any left for me, and it hasn't even been 2 hours yet!

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

E-mail sent and I m not sure if there is anymore left :(
I hate time difference :shakehead:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

So. I guess it is time to send an e-mail to Matt over at art of the hide to order a nice new holester for my shiny new Ti PD.

Lets see here First order light. Second order holester. Third order more lithium batteries.
The Ti Pd deserves the best leather.
Sounds like a plan to me.
Yaesumofo

kennyj

Enlightened

I sold my HA-NAT PD to help cover the cost of this new one and kept my elephant flap holester... I'm debating whether I want to keep it and use it for the Ti PD, or get an open-top holester instead for easier access and to show off the Ti and the Tritium. Thing is, a big part of why I like the flapped Holester is for the extra protection against lint getting into the piston and the knowledge that nothing bad can happen to the PD while sheathed (the open top holesters aren't as infallible by their very nature, though they're still excellent.)

TENMMIKE

Enlightened

keep the flap, iv tried to get matt to make me a nice holster but i wanted a different type of clip he seemed enthused after i showed what i wanted but , he hasent written back since...any way i think you should certainly keep a holster with a flap for the PD.
kennyj said:
I sold my HA-NAT PD to help cover the cost of this new one and kept my elephant flap holester... I'm debating whether I want to keep it and use it for the Ti PD, or get an open-top holester instead for easier access and to show off the Ti and the Tritium. Thing is, a big part of why I like the flapped Holester is for the extra protection against lint getting into the piston and the knowledge that nothing bad can happen to the PD while sheathed (the open top holesters aren't as infallible by their very nature, though they're still excellent.)

kennyj

Enlightened

I'd definitely play with the new one a bit before doing anything with the old one... or maybe keep both and use them for different occasions. :D

At least the cost of a new Holester isn't nearly as daunting as the cost of a new Ti PD. Money well spent in either case, of course.

bamabright

Newly Enlightened

I carry my slate pd in my back pocket via the clip supplied everyday...sometimes it may be in my front pocket with whatever happens to be there.. Ill do the same with the ti...is this bad? I mean, whats the clip for then? I dont see how lint could hurt the piston mechanism..theres an o-ring that the lint would have to pass..an its still just lint!! Dont get me wrong, I dont drive nails with the light, but it sounds like these are not being used...just stick it in a safe and show it off when people come over.

kennyj

Enlightened

It's really just unsightly, but it can gum up the lube a bit when/if enough builds up.

Only thing wrong with pocket carry is that the light is exposed more and the clip tends to wear away at pockets, esp. on lighter fabrics. It's also more susceptible to dents and dings from bumping into hard, rigid objects. Holsters avoid these issues and the tradeoff is increased expense, increased weight, increased bulk, etc. depending on the holster used. The "holester" from http://www.artofthehide.com is an exceptional piece that complements the light well and offers excellent protection to boot; it costs a bit, and the flap models are a little bulky and have some weight to them, but overall it's a fantastic accessory.

xdanx

Enlightened

Has anyone tried the carbon fiber HDS holster from lighthound? It looks like it can hold a PD. Also it is nice looking.