TITAN PLUS

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
The Titan used to be the light on my keychain, because it was released before the Titan Plus and I could not wait. I bought the Titan Plus when it came out and now it is the light on my keychain. It has a very nice feel to it, very solid and nice looking plus 300 lumens is pretty good if for some reason my other EDC light runs out of juice.

spyder

Newly Enlightened
I have to agree about the choice of material. I think it is more about having it feel solid to the user as somebody else mentioned. It sure is cool to have that much firepower in your pocket and running on eneloops. Time does march on, I can remember when I used to lurk on here 10-12 years ago and arc aaa's were still all the rage. Then again I still like
those too so maybe I really am easily impressed :)

We are in a parallel universe, I was out here years ago and my last Arc AAA-P just died. Trying to decide on a replacement when I really just want another Arc

godallmighty

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone received a Titan Plus that was packaged without the plastic/polymer quick detach tailcap? Mine did not have this. Instead, it just had the ring installed.
I just got mine from Amazon without the quick detach tailcap. Amazon sent me a replacement that also did not have the cap. I called Surefire and they told me that they don't offer it anymore because too many people complained that they lost the light because it was not secure enough.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine from Amazon without the quick detach tailcap. Amazon sent me a replacement that also did not have the cap. I called Surefire and they told me that they don't offer it anymore because too many people complained that they lost the light because it was not secure enough.

Interesting. I was wondering if that would become an issue. Mine wore to the point that it would detach very easily so I stopped using it for fear that I would lose the light. Apparently others had this happen as well.

ripitup

Newly Enlightened
So....is the LED being off center an inherent issue with these? I was literally just getting ready to hit "BUY" on a retailers website and i decided to come to this website to nose around a bit and i saw your thread! Might hold off a bit and keep on looking as im looking for a very durable but slender single AA cell EDC light with clip. Suggestions? Thanks

Not sure we're supposed to mention it here, idk.☺

Edit to clarify a bit.
That was pointed out as well as o ring and reflector being off center in other Titan thread, just was not mentioned here idk, as that is a problem child.
Others need to be wary of that on receiving their own.

Stainz

Enlightened
A follow-up on my lost Titan Plus... it's still lost - and now, the detachable clip is lost as well as it's not in my desk drawer. So, I put a freshly charged Enelop AAA in my early black HA Titan for my trip to Orange Beach, AL - it dropped in. While I was down there, I 'tried' to remove it - it got stuck halfway out - crap - that problem again. I used pliers yesterday... the reducer ring came with the Enelop - I started to replace the ring - but didn't it seems to work fine without it. I miss my Plus...

A survey found Titan Plus is $90-$100 + S/T most places. Surefire has 20% off for Fathers Day - still, nothing like the now long gone $73 shipped price I got from AMAZON 5/16. It's hard to pay more... still, what a nice quality pocket flashlight. Money is tight or I would have replaced it a month back. Yeah, it's a keeper!

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried putting in a WTB ad ?
My Titan Plus has a permanent home in a black leather holster that holds my Victorianox Rescue(the holster has a side tube probably intended for a battery but the Titan Plus fits there perfectly).

Stainz

Enlightened
I 'bit the bullet' and ordered another Plus for ~$97 delivered - it'll be here Saturday - our 18th wedding anniversary (Her gift was a Jimmy Buffet concert and a week at Orange Beach, AL! Her pair of concert tee's were $90!!). Life is good.

Bucur

Enlightened
Congratulations Stainz! There is something addictive in the Titan Plus so I can imagine how you feel now. It is $89.99 + Free Shipping in Amazon, though.

Stainz

Enlightened
Yeah... $89.99 with free (Prime) 2 day shipping... don't forget 8% AL s/t - $97.19 total! I'll have it in the AM... by lunch... can hardly wait... I've got the Eneloop Pro's charging...

ChattanoogaPhil

Newly Enlightened
I've had the Titan Plus for a couple years now. EDC watch pocket.
Impressive little light though I rarely use high output.
Whenever I use the light I'll swap out with eneloop pros for the next day.
Surefire hit a home run with the MaxVision Beam™.
Got the XC1 weapon light with MaxVision Beam™. Perfect.

cHLLkLA.png

9Hj89tY.jpg

majid

Newly Enlightened
I ditched mine a couple of months ago in favor of a Nitecore TIP 2017 CRI. If the Olight S1R Bton had a decent keychain mounting solution, that would be my EDC.

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
Is anyone running regular white eneloops in their Titan plus. I thought I read that it needed the pros to operate on high. But I have been using the white ones and the light seems to be running normally. Maybe I am loosing some run time on high obviously but it seems fine otherwise.

nbp

Flashaholic
I have used some white ones from time to time and it does seem to work properly for me also.

Mchipman

Newly Enlightened
I have a cheap Amazon Basic AAA in mine now and it is performing just fine. I don't think it matters.