TITAN - taken apart

Viper715

Enlightened
Ok I got my new T1A. I love the light! Boy do I hate the tint! So a call to modders anyone taken one of these apart an swapped the LED. A high CRI SSC would be perfect.

I'm willing to let mine go under the knife of a very skilled modder if they are willing and confident that it can be accomplished. So are there any takers. I'll buy the emmiter and anything else needed. I'll supply the light I just need you to put the baby in there and make this near perfect light perfect.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Ok I got my new T1A. I love the light! Boy do I hate the tint! So a call to modders anyone taken one of these apart an swapped the LED. A high CRI SSC would be perfect.

I'm willing to let mine go under the knife of a very skilled modder if they are willing and confident that it can be accomplished. So are there any takers. I'll buy the emmiter and anything else needed. I'll supply the light I just need you to put the baby in there and make this near perfect light perfect.
I'll be watching this closely to see if I should do it to my Titan! :popcorn:

R@ndom

Enlightened

Off the top of my head: TeknoCowboy and DatiLED. Try PM'ing them.

edit: don't forget about darkzero.

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha anyone gotten this aprt further to do an emitter swap?

Anyone take off the top part of the head containing the window?

It the reflector machined into the bottom part of the head like the KL4 where it can't be removed?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm working on getting one completely apart... very slowly... will let everyone know what I find.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm working on getting one completely apart... very slowly... will let everyone know what I find.

Please do Scott!:twothumbs:bow:
Please include pics if possible.:poke::grin2:

The Minute you find something out, PLEASE help!:grin2::popcorn::popcorn:

I can not stand the terrible tint and out of focus emitter..:shakehead

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Scott may end up making a $1,000,000 if he can fix these TITAN's. LOL.
(actually I am serious)

Bill

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott may end up making a $1,000,000 if he can fix these TITAN's. LOL.
(actually I am serious)

Bill

Uh... it's always nice to feed the kids (and the way they've been eating lately it might take about that much), but let's not get ahead of things... I'm still working on getting in without damaging the host. :sweat:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been able to get the driver to start to move away from the legs, but there are 3 boards to go through...How the HECK do I heat the legs once it gets to the other 2 boards?

I want to punch Surefire in the face for selling these expensive lights with shitty emitters that aren't focused correctly.....What a freaking joke!!

SF...Get your poop together!!

Scott any progress to report?

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's probably why they have just been replacing the ones that people complain about with a new one... too hard to fix anything :p

cy

Flashaholic
my Titan has been dead for while waiting for me to send back to Surefire
so would be nice to upgrade LED while they are in there

AzGB

Enlightened

Same here. I have two original titanium T1's that are dead as well as a newer T1A that need to be sent back for repairs. Just need to remember to get an RMA and actually do it.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you guys says that your T1's or T1A's are dead, what's going on with them? Simply won't turn on at all?

AzGB

Enlightened
When you guys says that your T1's or T1A's are dead, what's going on with them? Simply won't turn on at all?

Erratic switch behavior. Like, if off is zero, and high is 100, and I have entire ranges of numbers missing, a dozen or so at a time.

faco

Enlightened
I had a LE Titanium Titan and that worked perfectly as well. Sold it recently to fund other items

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I had good, quick results when I sent my Titan's back to Surefire, and since the most recent repair, no more problems.

Definitely an enjoyable light to use, even compared to the newer and more powerful options now available.