• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium (6Al-4V) Valiant Concepts Malkoff Devices E Series (VME) Head

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes!!! For sure. I'd given up hope finding one of the Ti VME heads. I couldn't afford to buy one when Gene made his own batch years ago. Then, when I finally could buy one, he told me he was sold out except for one that he saved for himself and he wasn't giving that one up. I would call him about once a year or so just to ask if he had any more, knowing his answer would probably be no.

It can't get to me fast enough...😎👍

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... I'd given up hope finding one of the Ti VME heads. I couldn't afford to buy one when Gene made his own batch years ago....

For historical purposes, I'm curious if you are suggesting that there was a run of these done by Malkoff *separately* (later? than) the initial batches produced by Rothrandir / Valiant.

Or do you mean those ?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, I think I am referring to the Valiant run. From what I remember Gene telling me, there was only one run ever because It took a long time for them to get sold out, so long that he didn't want to do any more due to an apparent lack of interest for whatever reason. That was a long time ago, but I'm fairly certain about this.

Long RunTime

Enlightened
Sorry for late response. I've the Ti VME and V5 OR dropin. They won't fit because the VME is a little smaller at the bottom. However, it fits the Sportac triple just fine.

Musso

Newly Enlightened
I'm in for 1 Ti VME head, please. I need one more for my triple drop-in.

some pics:
xzJYm9i.jpg

38c03Kj.jpg

What triple drop-in are you going to use?

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene reports that he expects to ship to me last week in June. I hope to turn these around to you quickly. I will post shipping payment instructions shortly.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Getting very close to wrapping up this group buy. I just sent instructions for shipping payment via PM.

IF YOU DIDN'T RECEIVE THE PM, PLEASE POST HERE IN THE COMMENTS AND I'LL RESEND ASAP.

Here's how the I calculated the shipping amounts:

$7.90 - USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box
$1.00 - Your cost (there are exactly 25 of us in this group buy) of the bulk shipping/insurance from Gene to me
$3.50 - Insurance for $134.18 (1 VME head)
$4.60 - Insurance for $268.36 (2 VME heads)
2.9% + $0.30 G/S fee

Add up the these amounts, including insurance as necessary, and I get:
$13.06 for insured, Priority mail for 1 head.
$14.19 for insured, Priority mail for 2 heads.
$9.46 for uninsured, Priority mail for 1 or 2 heads.

EDIT: No need to post any details of either PP transaction here. Just keep an eye on the interest list post back on the first page. If you see an update next to your handle then all is good. If you paid shipping, but don't see an update in about 24 hours, just post "WTF??? I paid for shipping but you haven't indicated you received it! Get off your a$$ and update the interest list. I'm freaking out here!" as a comment.

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way ... any photos of these 30+ Ti gems, before they go on their way ?[emoji14]

I'll be sure to post pictures.

But just to be clear: I dont actually have the heads yet. I'm waiting on what I consider to be a final update (and actually shipping confirmation) from Gene. He indicated that he would be shipping in the final week of June a couple of times, so I'm anticipating we'll reach Phase 4 pretty dang soon. Emailed him yesterday, and he normally responds pretty quick. But we are really close.