My small collection...hey, everybody has to start somewhere...:twothumbs
PICT0005-1.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003-2.jpg

PICT0007-2.jpg

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, LumensMaximus.

Which one do you like more btw Jet Ti & Olight Ti ?
Just curious. :rolleyes:

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Some absolutely gorgeous lights in this thread.

Someday I'll have to take a picture of my ti lights. Problem is that there is always something else on the way that I want to include in the picture.

I have a question for those that have what I would consider production level Ti lights (Ti lights made by some of the larger companies like JetBeam, Olight, etc...) How do these generally compare to the more custom lights in terms of fit and finish and machine work in general?

While my Ti light collection is growing, I have yet to spring for any 'name' brand light for anything larger than a AAA (unless you count the Jil Lite that is currently enroute) because I am having a hard time justifying the price when comparing it to the standard version of the same light and a more custom type piece.

Thoughts?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Some absolutely gorgeous lights in this thread.

Someday I'll have to take a picture of my ti lights. Problem is that there is always something else on the way that I want to include in the picture.

I have a question for those that have what I would consider production level Ti lights (Ti lights made by some of the larger companies like JetBeam, Olight, etc...) How do these generally compare to the more custom lights in terms of fit and finish and machine work in general?

While my Ti light collection is growing, I have yet to spring for any 'name' brand light for anything larger than a AAA (unless you count the Jil Lite that is currently enroute) because I am having a hard time justifying the price when comparing it to the standard version of the same light and a more custom type piece.

Thoughts?

I have a couple of Olight Ti production lights among my mainly custom lights.

They are very nice and the fit and finish and the electronics are impressive.

However they don't give me the same feeling of satisfaction as my custom McGizmo, TranquillityBase, Mirage_Man, data and Mac lights.

The Ti is usually Grade 5 for the custom lights which is much harder to machine and the finish is crisp and perfect.

The section of Ti is usually thicker too, particularly in the Mirage_Man fatty lights (a couple shown above)

For me there is something indefinably satisfying about owning a light that has been hand-lathed.