P1060738.jpg

P1060742.jpg

P1060744.jpg

P1060745.jpg

P1060749.jpg

P1060750.jpg

exodus125

Enlightened
what if you do not have anything to grease it up with - or the o ring fails ?

The grease is more to protect the oring from premature wear, but it does help in the compression. In a pinch, you could go without it, or lick the oring or rub some nose grease on it (sounds a little gross, but I actually have a customer that does this since he likes to go the minimalist route).

As far as the oring, they last a pretty long time, but in a pinch you could probably fashion one out of a length of string. But again,t he orings last a long time. I still haven't changed the oring on the one I personally use and I fire it up pretty much 2 or 3 times a month multiple times.

Think of all the machinery that uses orings in moving parts. The parts move hundreds, even thousands of times and the orings are fine. Even then, a couple spare orings don't take up any space and don't add any weight to what your carrying.

For anyone thinking about buying a fire piston from exodus125, you really can't go wrong. This is certain to be the highest quality fire piston on the market - the build quality is outstanding and the variety of colors and treatments that Esteban can do to customize your order just the way you want it is fantastic! I have two of these beauties and they're almost too nice to use! I guarantee you won't be dissatisfied with your purchase! And, no, I was not paid or prodded to say any of this - it's really how I feel! :thumbsup:

SNAFU

Newly Enlightened
For everyone's infomation, I ordered one of the titanium fire pistons and it arrived in just a few days. Very quick service. Esteban was very helpful in answering my questions before ordering too. A fire piston and one of Esteban's Exo Tubes was bought. Both items are machined VERY well. As a bonus, the fire piston fits inside the exo tube like a glove. Tightening down the exo tube's cap onto it's o-ring seal keeps the fire piston from rattling around inside the exo tube. A perfect fit.

Again, I am very pleased with Esteban's work and product and plan on recommending it to others. I haven't had time to try the fire piston yest, but am looking forward to practicing to get the technique down. I figure it'd take practice to get any fire piston to work, and at least with this titanium one, there isn't the concern of it breaking. It'll last a lifetime!

Thanks Esteban! Hey, expand your product line to include more titanium gadgets and gizmos too!

SNAFU

exodus125

Enlightened
thanks for the kind words SNAFU. I didnt notice the question you posted on here. For some reason the notifications on CPF and CPFM are being delayed or im not getting them at all, so the best bet is to contact me directly through email. My email address is exodus125 at hotmail d0t c0m.

Last edited:

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Wow, like a permanent match without fluid fuel or the need to replace that fuel. What is this sorcery? I had never heard of this application for adiabatic compression.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a fire piston to light a tobacco pipe?

How small in diameter are these available (from any source)? And how short is minimal length?

If the size is right for a keychain, I would like to carry one. Late to the party, but this is too neat.