• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium Mule Wave

McGizmo

Flashaholic
fortean101,
I coined the term mule a while back because I needed a name for a light and I wanted that name to reflect the nature of the light. I perceive the mule as an animal that just does its work with no glamor. Nothing to brag about. Unlikely to be any contestant; what contest?

Guys,
You can get this as a High CRI Head only and I am willing to offer the head without LE for those interested. If you want the titanium mule head empty with no LE the price is $110 plus postage.

I didn't want to start this wave and confuse the issue with all of the possibilities. The price for a Mule that was host to a XP-G LED instead of the Nichia 119 would be the same.

I need to get around to editing the UV wave with the addition of this titanium mule head as well.

This titanium mule head has the same geometry as the previous aluminum version and some will note that it seems to have a short skirt when coupled with the battery pak. The O-ring is digested in the head but can still be viewed. This consideration was originally made for use with the SF L1 lights and other battery paks that had shorter penetration than typical or the standard.

The mule head has a lot of potential applications. The LE in a Makai can easily be removed with no concern to reflector alignment or O-ring positioning and screwed into a Mule head and then returned to the Makai. Obviously the thermal relief would not be the same!!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if no 2xAA pak is available by now, I'll take a "normal" Mule high CRI! :thumbsup:

I'm sure I can get a 2xAA pak later on, with another light, there will surely be one... :cool:

E-Mail sent.

Thanks!!!

EDIT : :paypal:

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love some beamshots comparing the High CRI Mule to the SunDrop XR-U :whistle: :D

If anyone ends up owning both, some beamshots would be much appreciated :)

Nice work again Don :thumbsup:
This mule is certaining on my want list... just need money first :laughing:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love some beamshots comparing the High CRI Mule to the SunDrop XR-U :whistle: :D

If anyone ends up owning both, some beamshots would be much appreciated :)

Nice work again Don :thumbsup:
This mule is certaining on my want list... just need money first :laughing:

I'll be only too happy to oblige! As soon as that mule gets here...:twothumbs

Bass

Enlightened
Don, thanks for the shipping confirmation! PayPal sent.

CRI Mule on it's way to the UK :party:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Finally! Very tempting. I'd prefer if I could just get the bare head, no light engine, because I already have an LE from my SunDrop to put into it.

I did state above:

If you want the titanium mule head empty with no LE the price is $110 plus postage.
I realize it would help if all this was in the first post but I had hoped to at least start this out simple....

stoli67

Enlightened
Ah now if only I had bought the standard Haiku XPG not the warm version then I could have had an excuse to get one of these!

Andrew

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don...Count me in for two titanium mule heads and one 6V LE. Thanks Karl I waited a lONG time for this one to vaporize int a state of reality At last!!!! :thumbsup: $110 + $110 + $130 + shipping

Last edited:

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah now if only I had bought the standard Haiku XPG not the warm version then I could have had an excuse to get one of these!

Andrew

I have been reading and rereading all things McGizmo trying to figure out what would be the most useful to me of his many wonderful offerings.

I can't find it now, but I thought I read somewhere that the XP-G warm doesn't have that great of color rendition...quite on par with or even slightly worse than the XP-G R5. Someone correct me here!?

I think you can safely justify the need for this High CRI light in either or both configurations. It's a McGizmo...you need it.

It would be easy to move on 2nd hand if you found it redundant in your collection.

obi