• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium Mule Wave

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I can't find it now, but I thought I read somewhere that the XP-G warm doesn't have that great of color rendition...quite on par with or even slightly worse than the XP-G R5. Someone correct me here!?
That's simply personal opinion presented as fact. I believe it to be just the opposite. My favorite XP-G at present is either the 5x or 7x tint bin, which just happen to be R4. R4 has nothing to do with tint but there can be a form of correlation due the the fact that the warmer bins are never available in the brightest bin.

If you see R5 or S2 then you know it's cool tint, whereas anything lower could be either warm, neutral or cool.

fyrstormer

Banned
My understanding is that most warm-tinted LEDs neglect the green part of the spectrum pretty badly compared to cool-tinted LEDs. My eyes back this up, because warm-tinted LEDs make foliage look dead and dry to me. However, the SSC P4 Hi-CRI I put in one of my Haikus is quite warm but renders foliage very well. So if you want a neutral or warm LED, Hi-CRI is definitely the way to go.

Also, order placed (and acknowledged) for an empty Ti Mule head. I look forward to its arrival.

Last edited:

OtisCampbell

Enlightened
Email sent for single empty Ti Mule head.. :thumbsup:

(acknowledged - Thanks!)

:paypal:

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, all - just a few quick photos. The High CRI mule is outstanding - it has secured a place in my collection for sure!! For photographing small objects within a reasonable distance it will be great - and for pocket carry around the house to provide nice, even lighting, it will excel. I hope that this weekend I can expand on this post, but for now here are a few shots to hopefully show some of the qualities of this new light:

Here it is being compared to a Sundrop XRU - no clip on the Sundrop, I typically don't carry it but use it around the house - mostly to help me find clothing in the unlit closet...:eek:

IMG_3933.JPG

Sundrop left - Mule right (you knew that.)
IMG_3937.JPG

The next three shots are with the camera on manual - tried to give you photos that would show you the beam shape, tint and relative brightness. They are projecting onto white poster board:

IMG_3949.JPG

IMG_3950.JPG

IMG_3951.JPG

These photos will be replaced this weekend! I took the first photo with a bounce flash to try to represent the colors - frankly, the photo shows the colors as more deep and rich than they really are. Easy for me to say and harder for me to prove, but honestly, the tint shown from the mule is really the closest to actual. Hopefully I can photo some outside fall colors daylight then with the lights this weekend.

IMG_3952.JPG

Sundrop XRU
IMG_3955.JPG

IMG_3956.JPG

I think a great deal of the allure of this light to me, at least, is the rock solid feel and appearance. That mule head on the McClicky is the perfect length...clip it on your pocket and belt and scarcely know it is there. Remove the clip, drop it in your pocket and you barely know it's there. Yes, it has the solidity of titanium, but is is nice and small. And then there's the beautiful beam...

I like it enough that my guess is that there is a Haiku high CRI in my future! Another winner from the master!

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan,

I really like all your mini reviews :) I have a Mule Hi CRI and a Sundrop XRU incoming :thumbsup: Now I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Thanks
Todd

taewoopa

Enlightened
So, this Hi-Cri Mule can not take RCR123(3.7) , right ?

There is red dot inside the L.E .. this means 3.0 V L.E, as far as I know.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the red dot designation as "primary only" was for the LS20. I'm 99% sure you can use rechargeable batteries in the new Ti High CRI mule. I am!! No problems!

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered on 24th of October (Sunday) and it arrived Tuesday 2nd of November.

Don, it is a real pleasure to do business with you. I hope you keep making lights because I will want more I am sure.

Aloha from Norway,
obi

taewoopa

Enlightened
I think the red dot designation as "primary only" was for the LS20. I'm 99% sure you can use rechargeable batteries in the new Ti High CRI mule. I am!! No problems!

Hi, Dan !! How are you these days!!!:wave:

I so glad to hear a really valuable info. from you !!

Thanks a bunch !! and take care !

JJ

boulder

Newly Enlightened
Don,

E-mail sent for a 6V Mule Hi CRI on a 2x123 pak.

My paypal is ready. Just waiting to hear from you :)

Thanks,
Andrew Silva

boulder

Newly Enlightened
Recieved my beautiful mule today! It is a functional piece of art :)

Thanks, Don!

Andrew

faco

Enlightened
Got my Mule Hi CRI today and I'm really pleased with the Tint and Beam. It's so small as well!

Thanks Don, your Service and Lights never Fail :thumbsup:

faco