Titanium Quarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nismotor

Newly Enlightened
+1 on that. I'm giving thought to taking off the Quark clip and putting a Nitecore EX10 clip on instead. Just need to check how long the clip is first.

I believe there were several complaints awhile back about the Nitecore clips failing. The weak link being the screws. People have stated they lost their light b/c of that.

Just to give you a heads up.

BTW, someone in the marketplace thread posted pics of their Ti123 modded with a Ex10 clip like you stated. Post #1601 ma sha1
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=198575&page=54

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
If you do get it Stonewashed,

please take Before and After photos.

We'd LOVE to see them !

:cool:
_

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe there were several complaints awhile back about the Nitecore clips failing. The weak link being the screws. People have stated they lost there light b/c of that.

Just to give you a heads up.

BTW, someone in the marketplace thread posted pics of their Ti123 modded with a Ex10 clip like you stated. Post #1601 ma sha1
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=198575&page=54

Hmm... may have to rethink that, thanks for the heads up.

Was inspired to do it by ma sha1's pics, have to admit it still looks good.

duboost

Enlightened
yay i finally got my 123^2 today. i keep going back and forth between the black and blue buttons... i probably should've got two of these so i could have one black and one blue :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I now have found an orange and a red button!
It was in my parts bin and I've no clue where they came from but they match the exact size of the blue button I got from another CPF'er.

:D

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang mine is BRIGHT and a nice cool/neutral white. 123^2 model
Only annoying part is opening the box and creasing the flap

eljuez

Newly Enlightened
670 of 750 here. First impressions: Nice and bright. ( It's the 123 tactical/no clip ) It's basically as bright as my Ra 170, maybe a tad less throw. It does get very warm on high, but so do most high-powered small lights. Sizewise, it fits in between my Ra and my EZ 123, but is lighter than the Ra by a pretty good margin. The Ra is more rugged and heavy duty. Overall, it appears to be a good light, well worth the price.

strinq

Enlightened
670 of 750 here. First impressions: Nice and bright. ( It's the 123 tactical/no clip ) It's basically as bright as my Ra 170, maybe a tad less throw. It does get very warm on high, but so do most high-powered small lights. Sizewise, it fits in between my Ra and my EZ 123, but is lighter than the Ra by a pretty good margin. The Ra is more rugged and heavy duty. Overall, it appears to be a good light, well worth the price.

That's good to hear. :)

Forgot if this has ever been answered. Is the clip on the 1*123 also made of titanium? Cuz it's a part of the body right? Unless they fused the alu with the Ti?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Dang mine is BRIGHT and a nice cool/neutral white. 123^2 model
Only annoying part is opening the box and creasing the flap

I got the 123 WITH the clip. Worst choice. Wish I got the 2XCr123 AND the clipless cr123

nismotor

Newly Enlightened

For everyone who got their Ti quarks, Zot currently have a Ti Quark registry thread in the marketplace. Make sure you post there so the list can be updated.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=202456&page=1

recDNA

Flashaholic
Those are the very ones I ordered. Still waiting for delivery though. Nice to hear that lucky early delivery owners think this is the pair to get.

I don't have mine yet. I'm basing that judgement on early beamshots and the fact there is no way to use the CR123 model with the permanent clip without scratching it. Putting a piece of paper in there is hardly a solution if you intend to USE the flashlight. Hey, I'll likely scratch it up completely anyway. I'm not that careful and I plan to carry it in the watch pocket of my jeans.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
They should be Ti and I thought the others ones where SS, I know mine sticks to a magnet but very weak though.

Status
Not open for further replies.