• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TK75vnQ - Best Searchlight

ven

Flashaholic
I would say the tint is not the premium tint(hand picked) so you get what is the original led, de-domed. May have a slight shift.........may not!

Its a good host to start with, so it wont have the added HS , so wont be able to run for as long in the higher modes and it keeps the original UI(no dirvervnx2)

For $210 and all things considered, for an all round type light its well up there!

Vinh does a tn32UTvn as well
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?410340-TN32UTvn-Best-Magnetic-Ring-Thrower

The tk75 is certainly more floody, the tn32UT more throwy but with useful spill still as apposed to generous flood.

tn32UTvn - useful spill(not had chance for any better pics, just rough and ready

japudjuha

Enlightened
I so want one of these quad xhp70 beasts, but I keep thinking, what's next 20k lumens
in the same size package plus active cooling?

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
In order to save a bunch of looking for answers, maybe you all can speed my process up. Is the $210 option (dedome + boost) going to compare to my killer throw light? My uncle wants a 'get out there and see something' light but don't know if he would like this, or the TN32 better. I'm not a fan of the thin beam of the real thowers, but don't want to give up much distance from my Killer Throw. Thanks a bunch. The price of the upgrades probably rules that out.

I would do the PDTc, heatsink and DriverVNX2. My favorite light.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I so want one of these quad xhp70 beasts, but I keep thinking, what's next 20k lumens
in the same size package plus active cooling?

Active cooling is a bit off. Anything above 12k lumens handheld, time is measured in seconds before becoming too hot. The Q70 at 16k is more than enough light for a handheld. The output is ridiculous bordering ludicrous. Lol

japudjuha

Enlightened
I do remember the 20k version, just speculating on what's coming and whether to save my $$ or not.

But yes Bigwilly, ridiculous bordering on ludicrous is what I like.
Plain nuts starting bushfires at 15km is even better lol
(but I think they call that a Death Star)

Last edited:

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
Got a TK75vnQ spec 2 on the way. Bought the extended run time kit from Fenix as well. What kind of runtime could I expect on high or turbo with 4 LGINR18650MJ1 3500mAh batteries? I assume it would double with run time kit?

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a TK75vnQ spec 2 on the way. Bought the extended run time kit from Fenix as well. What kind of runtime could I expect on high or turbo with 4 LGINR18650MJ1 3500mAh batteries? I assume it would double with run time kit?
Runtime kit will run a bit more than double because of more cells sharing the load. Send the carrier to Vinh to get upgraded and only use 8 matching cells. Spec 2 is the way to go. You got yourself an awesome light.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do remember the 20k version, just speculating on what's coming and whether to save my $$ or not.

But yes Bigwilly, ridiculous bordering on ludicrous is what I like.
Plain nuts starting bushfires at 15km is even better lol
(but I think they call that a Death Star)

Lol. I think Vinh has that being developed in his Skunkworks.

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
The wait is over, received my TK75vnQ yesterday. Wow! I have a TM26 and an Olight m3xs-ut that I took out to compare.

The TM26 now seems like a flood light, even though it throws 450m. The m3xs-ut might throw as far but the hot spot is so small in comparison to the TK75vnQ it's unreal. I was lighting up some trees around 250 yards, and I would estimate that at 250 yards, the Fenix will light up an area at least 6x larger than the Olight. What is really nice is that there is a lot of good spill with the Fenix as well, making it good for just about anything outdoors. Essentially, to me, it not only replaces the two lights mentioned (for me), but in the throw department is a huge upgrade to the Olight b/c of how big an area it throws out. And it is not as big in the hand as I expected either. Pretty awesome light.

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
Let me ask a question while I'm thinking about it reg. this light. This is my first mod light and first with unprotected cells. Using vc4 charger.

1. Will the light will step down on its own if it gets too hot or it will just become too hot to hold and then I should turn it down?

2. I know I shouldn't discharge the batteries too much, how will I know without using a multimeter? Will the light get very dim?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Let me ask a question while I'm thinking about it reg. this light. This is my first mod light and first with unprotected cells. Using vc4 charger.

1. Will the light will step down on its own if it gets too hot or it will just become too hot to hold and then I should turn it down?

2. I know I shouldn't discharge the batteries too much, how will I know without using a multimeter? When light is significantly dimmer like 300 lumen on Turbo you should recharge
Will the light get very dim? Yes

Capolini

Banned

2. I know I shouldn't discharge the batteries too much, how will I know without using a multimeter? Will the light get very dim?

Suggestion:

Get a DMM[Digital Multi Meter],,,,,only ~ $25/30.

The FIRST thing I do when I Get a new light is test its run time incrementally while using a voltage meter. Then I know its limits without getting the cells too low!

For example my TK61vn V4 will be ~ 3.70v AFTER 35 minutes on turbo where heat is NOT an issue w/ this light,especially now!

It is a great guide and my batteries never get too low!

ven

Flashaholic
With drivervnx2 no, only lock out is undoing the tail cap a few turns................not ideal but it works fine. I am used to it from the previous tk75vn.

Archangel72

Newly Enlightened
Does this light still have an electronic lockout after it is modded?

I can understand a pocket EDC light or something small enough you dont worry about scratching needing a lockout because its somewhere it could be clicked on by mistake, but this is a large-ish flashlight you cant really pocket it a back pack yes but I wouldnt do that without it being in its case.. I see no reason to "need" a lock out.

Just curious as to why anyone would need one or want one for that matter

Capolini

Banned
I can understand a pocket EDC light or something small enough you dont worry about scratching needing a lockout because its somewhere it could be clicked on by mistake, but this is a large-ish flashlight you cant really pocket it a back pack yes but I wouldnt do that without it being in its case.. I see no reason to "need" a lock out.

Just curious as to why anyone would need one or want one for that matter

Here is a reason!! lol!

I would think that this is no different than my TK75vn KT. That has activated SEVERAL times on TURBO while in my holster while driving! Once after a 20 minute drive back from the trail is was verrrrrry hot! :eek: That was after using it on Turbo for about 30 minutes. I have learned to put it on ML after I use it on the trail! That way if it comes on for 20 minutes it is not an issue!

Last edited:

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
Here is a reason!! lol!

I would think that this is no different than my TK75vn KT. That has activated SEVERAL times on TURBO while in my holster while driving! Once after a 20 minute drive back from the trail is was verrrrrry hot! :eek: That was after using it on Turbo for about 30 minutes. I have learned to put it on ML after I use it on the trail! That way if it comes on for 20 minutes it is not an issue!

Yeah, pretty much that.

Also because I bought a LENSCOAT cover for it and can't tell if it is "on" when it is being used. I have been twisting the tailcap as suggested.

Capolini

Banned
Yeah, pretty much that.

Also because I bought a LENSCOAT cover for it and can't tell if it is "on" when it is being used. I have been twisting the tailcap as suggested.

Do not have to see anything!Understandable! BELIVE ME IF IT IS ON LONG ENOUGH YOU WILL FEEL THE heat!!,,,,,,,,,,

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, once I left my TK75vnkt in my backpack and leaned over it. Unfortunately it switched on and also went into turbo mode. Man was that hot! I have never again left it anywhere without locking it out.