• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN36vn - Brightest Pop Can Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

makapuu

Enlightened
:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

My 6XPvn:wow: IS my favorite light!!! :D

And once again, I want to thank Vinh for making it possible!!! :thanks: :goodjob: :clap::clap::clap:

nobody cares about the 6XPvn :-( I love that light so much...

I f ing love that light it blows everything I have out of the water its insane !!!!

I love my 6XPvn I love the size and the light output is fantastic. Eagletacs are some one of my favorites.

Yep, you can definitely add me to the fan club of this light. My favorite light. Aside from the output and beam pattern, I like the smaller 3 18650 body. Although it has less runtime compared to a 4 cell light, it has a more friendly squeeze in your hand and it's less fatiguing to hold for extended periods. Similar to holding a C cell Mag compared to a D cell Mag.

Last edited:

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's got over 4000 lumens with 100k lux. That's quite an epic wall of light for it's size.
Well isn't the body longer than the TN36vn and the head nearly the same size or bigger? I mean it's really not much smaller (if at all) so I'm just trying to wrap my head around the preference over the TN36vn. Plus it's more expensive and has lower output. Keep in mind that I'm mostly talking about the XP-L model which appears to be a very floody wall of light like the TN36.

The beam pattern does seem excellent and I'm sure it's more comfortable in the hand, but I love the super wide spill of the TN36. If the MX25L3Cvn had a wider spill, y'all might have me convinced...

Well isn't the body longer than the TN36vn and the head nearly the same size or bigger? I mean it's really not much smaller (if at all) so I'm just trying to wrap my head around the preference over the TN36vn. Plus it's more expensive and has lower output. Keep in mind that I'm mostly talking about the XP-L model which appears to be a very floody wall of light like the TN36.

The beam pattern does seem excellent and I'm sure it's more comfortable in the hand, but I love the super wide spill of the TN36. If the MX25L3Cvn had a wider spill, y'all might have me convinced...

Yeah two very different lights, both excellent in what they do. Since they both offer different things so well, there's simply no choice but to get both

:whistle:

Jeff2011

Newly Enlightened
TN36vn VS 6XLvn (or 6XPvn). Decisions, decisions...
:thinking:

So if I can only get one of the three at the moment which should it be and WHY?

Anyone have an opinion?

To add some additional important info: I already have both the EYE40vn (5200) & K40vn...

Thanks,
Jeff2011

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
TN36vn VS 6XLvn. Decisions, decisions...
:thinking:

So if I can only get one of the two at the moment which should it be and WHY?

Anyone have an opinion?

Given the choice between those two, I'd pick the Nitecore TM06vn. I have changed my mind (I was originally not a fan), for several reasons, I wish I could afford one at the moment.

The UI is very good, with the ability to advance modes either forward or backward. The TM06 is considerably smaller than either of the other two, despite using 4x18650. The flood is still very good (wide), but it is usable at longer ranges than the TN36vn. It has a voltage readout, and dynamically adjusts output based on the temperature of the light. The birhgtness is boosted significantly over the stock version. Really an impressive package.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given the choice between those two, I'd pick the Nitecore TM06vn. I have changed my mind (I was originally not a fan), for several reasons, I wish I could afford one at the moment.

The UI is very good, with the ability to advance modes either forward or backward. The TM06 is considerably smaller than either of the other two, despite using 4x18650. The flood is still very good (wide), but it is usable at longer ranges than the TN36vn. It has a voltage readout, and dynamically adjusts output based on the temperature of the light. The birhgtness is boosted significantly over the stock version. Really an impressive package.

I am kind of surprised the TM06 isn't getting more attention. I don't know if I would have liked the TN36vn better since I only bought the TM06vn, but I am super happy with it. It's amazing having that much power in that small of a light. The throw is what did it for me. I wondered if I'd miss out on the lumens of the TN36vn, but then I decided I'd rather have a little more oomph (went with the U3 dome on version which has around 45k lux @ 1 m).

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am kind of surprised the TM06 isn't getting more attention. I don't know if I would have liked the TN36vn better since I only bought the TM06vn, but I am super happy with it. It's amazing having that much power in that small of a light. The throw is what did it for me. I wondered if I'd miss out on the lumens of the TN36vn, but then I decided I'd rather have a little more oomph (went with the U3 dome on version which has around 45k lux @ 1 m).

This post has some pictures directly comparing the TM06 and TN36. Frankly, the lumen difference does not appear to be huge, and the TM06 clearly has more throw. I think it was a good choice.

Like you, I am a little surprised that the TM06 is not more popular. When I first saw the specs, I was not impressed, but the more I learn about it, the more impressive it seems. And it is just sooooo tiny, to have all the features it does.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This post has some pictures directly comparing the TM06 and TN36. Frankly, the lumen difference does not appear to be huge, and the TM06 clearly has more throw. I think it was a good choice.

Like you, I am a little surprised that the TM06 is not more popular. When I first saw the specs, I was not impressed, but the more I learn about it, the more impressive it seems. And it is just sooooo tiny, to have all the features it does.

This is one of those rare lights that I sell more offline than on CPF

Capolini

Banned

Look at these and tell me what you think? Output difference is quite apparent.

w5ctdkyo.gif

He compares about 8 different lights to the TN36 w/ amazing pics/gifs.

Here is his thread for more:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?392512-Review-ThruNite-TN36-3x-MK-R

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can the MKR's be dedomed? The main reason the TM06 seems to hold it's own against the TN36 is that the TM06 has more throw to it. The difference in lumens is very apparent.

Wish I could grab all three lights, but with a stock tn36 on the way, I'm now vacillating between the TM06, and the MX25L3Cvn... both would be PDTn.

Capolini

Banned
VIHN I need your help! no wise cracks!

Just want to clarify that for now [just got it today] I have the stock version!

1.Does the TN36 Blue LED [low voltage indicator] work on Mooonlight? Mine does not

2. When the batteries get low does that light turn RED or blink like SB suggested? Mine does NOT.

I was out longer than normal because of the snow. I went to dial down from turbo and could not find the switch because the Blue indicator light was OFF! It never turned RED!ONLY L/M/H indicator light worked. then when I went to turbo the indicator turned off and would not come on in L/M/H A gain until I locked light out and then tightened head again. I do not think the low voltage works properly.

Vinh and others can you tell me how yours operates in this regard?

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Capolini :)

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at these and tell me what you think? Output difference is quite apparent.

Yes, it is definitely apparent - I've seen that thread. I wasn't suggesting you would think the output was the same. That said, the difference is not huge, in my eyes, based on the beamshots I linked. No real surprise, because you need a lot more than twice the lumens to double the apparent brightness. And because the TM06 will give you a bit more range, the difference seems smaller than it would otherwise, as InfinitusEquitas pointed out.

The biggest difference between the MM15 and the TN36 is tint, not brightness, in my opinion. In any case, I wasn't talking about the MM15 anyway. I was talking up the TM06, as an alternate option. For me, the feature set it offers is markedly superior to the TN36. Brightness isn't everything, and once you start talking about several thousand lumens, I think it matters even less.

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
But on a serious note... never relied on the battery indicator on nitecore lights. They seem to be kind of inconsistent.

That's why I love the voltage readout on the TM26/36. No need for blinks/colors...you can see the actual voltage in use.

Capolini: what cells are you using in the TN36? Your new protected Keeppowers, or something else?

CUL8R

Enlightened
VIHN I need your help! no wise cracks!

Just want to clarify that for now [just got it today] I have the stock version!

1.Does the TN36 Blue LED [low voltage indicator] work on Mooonlight? Mine does not

2. When the batteries get low does that light turn RED or blink like SB suggested? Mine does NOT.

I was out longer than normal because of the snow. I went to dial down from turbo and could not find the switch because the Blue indicator light was OFF! It never turned RED!ONLY L/M/H indicator light worked. then when I went to turbo the indicator turned off and would not come on in L/M/H A gain until I locked light out and then tightened head again. I do not think the low voltage works properly.

Vinh and others can you tell me how yours operates in this regard?

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Capolini :)

My blue indicator turns on in low, med, hi, turbo, and strobe, but not ML. Haven't run it long enough w/o recharging to test the blue to red warning.

Capolini

Banned
That's why I love the voltage readout on the TM26/36. No need for blinks/colors...you can see the actual voltage in use.

Capolini: what cells are you using in the TN36? Your new protected Keeppowers, or something else?

Yes,my protected 3400 K'powers. As SB graphs indicate the high drains do not provide anymore output for "Stock" than protected Panny's. He told me he used K'Power 3100mAh in his test.My 3400's are probably the best bet for output and run time!

I agree digital is much better. The TM26/36 are more expensive[TM36 much more!] and more technologically advanced!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.