• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN42vn90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
You can sell to me.. i treat my lights with respect and never remove the bezel..

I cant even sell these even if I want to at the moment. TN42 stock is sold out from all my suppliers...They said may be nest year LOL

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm talking about the BFL GT, which is way larger than the TN42. It gets 1.3-1.5m cd already using just an XHP35 HI. It should easily get 2m cd with the CFT90.

on paper it sound possible but the more throw you try and reach the more and more power you need to get there. theirs an exponential factor to it. also the difference between 1m cd and 2m cd is not double the brightness to your eyes. your eyes would see maybe a 30% increase in intensity. it would probably take about 3m cd to visually see a 50% increase in intensity over 1 million. even though the meter would show a much higher %.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
on paper it sound possible but the more throw you try and reach the more and more power you need to get there. theirs an exponential factor to it. also the difference between 1m cd and 2m cd is not double the brightness to your eyes. your eyes would see maybe a 30% increase in intensity. it would probably take about 3m cd to visually see a 50% increase in intensity over 1 million. even though the meter would show a much higher %.

I know all of this. I'm just giving the numbers.

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Wow man! This more than awesome... And taking a risk for such build is something that only 100% mentally ready modder can do. You were among best in the beginning and you stayed like that...
207.gif

Lexel

Enlightened
This LED was tested with like 45A as far as I an remember
So at 3800 Lumens it runs n some 20A which is well within save range for a flashlight
as its specified at 27A 5500 Lumens

Capolini

Banned
Lumen: 3800

Intensity: 900Kcd

Throw: 1897m

WOW!! 3800 Lumens and 2074 yards of throw! 1 mile 314 yards!!

Which Bin/color temp did you use to get those numbers?

• High performance specialty white LED with 9 mm2 un-lensed monolithic square emission area
  • Outputs in excess of 5,000 lm at maximum drive condition
  • Reliable operation at up to 27 A DC with excellent brightness maintenance
  • Available in multiple color temperatures:
    • 5600K Daylight (WDS)
    • 6500K Cool White (WCS)
    • 7800K Stage White (WSS)

Agpp

Enlightened
Would using a cheaper host like Astrolux MF-02 make a significant price reduction?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would using a cheaper host like Astrolux MF-02 make a significant price reduction?

Most of the cost will probably be centered around the emitter costing 135, plus an added cost just in case vinh has to service any of them.

Agpp

Enlightened
Sure. But TN42 is expensive and MF-02 cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if Vinh could source it for a third of the price. My thought is that 700 kcd MF-02 for 7/9 of what TN42 costs would be a fair tradeoff. Maybe the price difference could actually be higher.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Sure. But TN42 is expensive and MF-02 cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if Vinh could source it for a third of the price. My thought is that 700 kcd MF-02 for 7/9 of what TN42 costs would be a fair tradeoff. Maybe the price difference could actually be higher.

MF02 is $55 cheaper if this host is used. I wont likely though.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
At the moment this LED is under driven but specs is amazing already...I will look into the possibility of a Buck driver to drive this light harder.Goal 5000 OTF, and +1Mcd. DriverVNX2 UI of course.
Price goal $600 if this can be done.

I also understand that the price is expensive but even at that price the light will likely never go on sale and will be limited production only.

TN42vn with XHP35 HI at $250
TN42vnM with Oslon at $400
Are still available and are relatively cheaper

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.