• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT P60 TripLED Surefire C2, 6P, Z2 high-power custom made hybrid modules/drop-ins...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey buddy!

to the left; 0.8 - 4.2 volt and current 1 amps

this is new or am i wrong?

It's the same driver I've been using for e-series TripLEDs (eTripLED) with boost driver setup (for use with single CR123 cell) for all this time... relatively low PWM (some people can see it, I can't) and 3-modes with memory (low/med/high, set in stone - can't be custom programmed) but versatile for cell choice - will work on any single cell config (1xli-ion; the brightest setup, 1xCR123 or 2xAA or 2xEneloop; optimized for 3 Volts and even 1xAA alkaline cell in case of emergency)...

The member is planning to use it with his 6P and A19 extender plus some sleeves and spacers - to be able to run it on any possible cell in case of Zombiecalypse... :) It's still rather bright with single li-ion cell (about 2 Amps on high)...

You've got an eye of an eagle, my friend... :)

Last edited:

Mr.Freeze

Enlightened
well, i would like to have balls like a tiger but eyes of an eagle are ok!:grin2:

i don't expect zombies around here, but this is really a nice setup!

Barbarian

Enlightened
I received my drop-in yesterday (very lucky that there were no customs delay).

The drop-in is perfect
and I am hard SOB to please.

It meets the 4 most important requirements to me for a light and/or drop-in:

1. Tint Even though I actually prefer warmer tints, the famous Nichia 219B tint is a perfect neutral and is very pleasing even to a tint snob like myself.

2. Beam You'll be hard pressed to find a cleaner beam from a triple LE than this offering.

3. Mode Spacing The programmable driver allowed me to set the drop-in the way I like it. It is such a joy to have a P60 programmable drop-in after many years of being stuck with factory setting drop-ins. I keep mine pretty simple. Turn on is a usable low mode followed by full blast in the 2nd mode. I have moonlight set in the 3rd mode. I used the 4th mode for strobe just in case an unlikely situation would arise where I need it. That is it. I will use the first two modes 95% of the time with moonlight on occasion. I must also mention that the lowest setting (moonlight) is very low and was exactly what I was hoping for.

4. Build Quality Tana's attention to detail from Vf matching to LED choice is outstanding and this piece shows his perfectionism.

I want to thank Tana for replying to my emails where he answered all of my questions in great detail before I pulled the trigger. It is hard to find a custom builder that takes the time to answer questions in a timely manner. I look forward to future offerings.

The bottom line is that you should not hesitate to buy one of these outstanding drop-ins. :thumbsup:

Aperture

Newly Enlightened
i don't expect zombies around here, but this is really a nice setup!
And neither do I, but when hiking in rural areas - or travelling in general for that matter - I'm usually the only one using li-ion 18650, 16650 or 16340 batteries and chargers so I like the option to fall back on the AA batteries me or my travel companions bring along for the GPS, camera flashes, (head)lights, etc. Also the AA tends to be the only type of battery they might sell with any likelihood in mountain huts, patrol stations, etc where the chances to find CR123's in those places are next to nothing.

Last year I bought Tana's low voltage TripLED for my decade old E2E Outdoorsman for the same purpose, as I really really like this mod it was a no brainer to get one for my custom Oveready 6P for even more battery options like the 18650, two AA's, etc.

I'll post some pics when the P60 drops on the doormat.

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
TNT P60 has arrived! Talk about a wall of light :eek: Thank you Tana for another quality product.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always loved P60 for their lego-bility... of course, this was long time ago before e-series addiction and 95% of my P60 collection is long gone...

But this one I just can't get rid of... :)

th8tredude

Enlightened
Hello, I'm interested in getting one of these. Looking for XP-E2 Neutral, green glow. Might you be able to make one for me? Looking for something to replace an OverReady cool white triple I have in a Cryos 3P sized host. I like the idea of max output on a single cell, and I'm starting to just not like Cool White tints...Let me know! Thanks!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, I'm interested in getting one of these. Looking for XP-E2 Neutral, green glow. Might you be able to make one for me? Looking for something to replace an OverReady cool white triple I have in a Cryos 3P sized host. I like the idea of max output on a single cell, and I'm starting to just not like Cool White tints...Let me know! Thanks!

Of course... have couple of Vf matched sets ready for install (I was planning to order more anyway)... XPE2 at around 5000K and programmable driver...

The only thing is - what 3P body you're using ??? I cut these to fit Surefire's with invisible gap between bezel/body, OR bodies also make proper contacts but I've never tried FM body - never had one... In Solarforce L2M body it would only require a negative spring for proper fitment...

th8tredude

Enlightened
TNT P60 TripLED Surefire C2, 6P, Z2 high-power custom made hybrid modules/dro...

I have a Cryos Illumination host. I can't measure it, but it appears identical to my SF 6P where the drop in goes. The OverReady triple fits very snug... They are made by CPF member Ronac:

http://www.cryosillumination.com/aluminum-carbon-fiber-alcf-3p-6p-body/

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TNT P60 TripLED Surefire C2, 6P, Z2 high-power custom made hybrid modules/dro...

I have a Cryos Illumination host. I can't measure it, but it appears identical to my SF 6P where the drop in goes. The OverReady triple fits very snug... They are made by CPF member Ronac:

http://www.cryosillumination.com/aluminum-carbon-fiber-alcf-3p-6p-body/

That should work fine although I can't guarantee fitment 100%... but I believe Ronac made them to exact same dimensions as Surefire P60's...

th8tredude

Enlightened
Awesome! How do we proceed now? You can PM me a PP address if that's how you would like to do it. Looking forward to this!

Billbo

Newly Enlightened
Tana's P60 TripleLED Dropins will fit very well in a Cryos bezel from Ronac.

Flyflash

Newly Enlightened
Outstanding P60 module! I have the Nichia version with programmable driver. Have it programmed high for outside,low and medium for inside duties. Workmanship is first-rate. The GITD option is a nice bonus!
Thanks Tana!
ec0e5803e51be49020bd3202de5a7ba1.jpg
4526851883b53dd1e663b89716edc4a2.jpg
135404019cd6bd2c397fc9a1e0252c95.jpg

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outstanding P60 module! I have the Nichia version with programmable driver. Have it programmed high for outside,low and medium for inside duties. Workmanship is first-rate. The GITD option is a nice bonus!
Thanks Tana!

:thumbsup:

AWESOME PICS !!!

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would it be possible to make one with ui similar to an E2d LED? First press is high - release and press again within 1 second for low.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it's possible...

It's possible to flash the driver to be simple as E2D is so High/Low no memory with about 3/4 of a second reset...

But with user programmable driver above UI can be set by user at any time... then later if 3-mode is wanted it can be easily added to the sequence (which is recommended as high is very powerful and will heat up in up to 2 minutes then it will have to be switched to lower mode to prevent damage)... Or... any other combination that user might want, ascending/descending, 2/3/4 or 5 modes, all with or without memory (plus possibility to add strobe or SOS if wanted to any of those modes)...