• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT Surefire L & A series (LX2, L1, L2, A2) modding services...

kellyglanzer

Enlightened
6c8d6c951e6a15c3f3df4cdf7f39a289.jpg

Sounds exciting. I'm in.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can these bodies use a 17650?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Surefire L1 Gen 5 (round long body, KL1-lookalike head, domed lens):
-----
Working on details... no complete overhaul, body can be lego'd with e-series head of moddable choice (incan, KX2, KL4, etc)"

horizonseeker

Enlightened
The A2 mod sounds pretty awesome, but my drop-in replaceable bulb base will now be un-needed.

With a McClicky mod, would it still retain the 2 stage or would it be single stage now? I'm thinking single stage, but want to be sure.

bartko09

Enlightened
TNT Surefire L & A series (LX2, L1, L2, A2) modding services...

Surefire A2:
-----
Still in R&D process... the only idea I'm bouncing around for it is QUAD setup, multi-mode driver (LuciDrvFT) at 4.5Amp (limited by switch, not sure if 10A switch can fit as McClicky can in which case super driver like H17F can be used), body bored for 18650 and tailcap modded with clicky switch (McClicky)...

Quad? You worried about supply at all? I heard from the man himself that the Russian well just went dry.

Although I also heard about a new player hitting the field right around the time I reached out to SinkPad

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tana can the round A2 body be bored for 18650 as well as the square body?

I have round body model and it seems like there is plenty of room to bore it... I'm not sure about square flat model... but apparently Barry bore quite the few so far and he might have an answer...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
The A2 mod sounds pretty awesome, but my drop-in replaceable bulb base will now be un-needed.

With a McClicky mod, would it still retain the 2 stage or would it be single stage now? I'm thinking single stage, but want to be sure.

Installing McClicky makes it simple clicky tailcap - which controls modes stored in custom driver inside head...

To retain 2-stage tactical (as stock), head is modded to be single mode and then bigger resistor controls proper low with that setup...

Last edited:

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Tana, since surefire has quit supporting the a2s now, what was your mod to those going to consist of? Are you keeping the factory bezel? I would want the 2 stage tailcap to remain but retaining the factory bezel seems challenging. I love the form factor of the as and the 2 stage tailcap and the floody low beam.

bartko09

Enlightened
Is it possible to get a lower low output out of the lx2 with your mods? I'm thinking like 3-5 lumen

Yes, he's using Lucidrv FT or H17F so you could ramp the modes up to whatever you wanted really. Check out the ramp steps table towards the bottom of dr jone's manual

http://drjones.nerdcamp.net/h17f.html

EverydayCoastie

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I meant the single output heads with the LX2s 2 stage tail cap. i.e.-different resister control