• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT Surefire L & A series (LX2, L1, L2, A2) modding services...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Tana, since surefire has quit supporting the a2s now, what was your mod to those going to consist of? Are you keeping the factory bezel? I would want the 2 stage tailcap to remain but retaining the factory bezel seems challenging. I love the form factor of the as and the 2 stage tailcap and the floody low beam.

Is it possible to get a lower low output out of the lx2 with your mods? I'm thinking like 3-5 lumen

A2 is only in plans to have Quad LED installed (crappy 5mm LEDs gone, sorry but they are crappy) and since it's a complex setup, no point of keeping head simple single mode and then controlling with modded stock tailcap (although - it's doable)... so it would have 2-modes, low controlled by bigger resistor in tailcap... as for exact lumens, that's hard to promise... I can only promise that it would be between 5 and 15 lumens that E-series and L-series had for low...

Filip

Newly Enlightened
I ordered A2 (NIB) from local vendor today. Just to be prepared :popcorn:.
It's your fault, Tana :).

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
LX2's can be sent right away (after details are worked out thru PM and email)...

L1's to certain degree as well (some options are limited to certain generation)...

A2 is about ready but I won't be able to provide boring until I get new chuck... so until then, Barry can maybe bore bodies to 18650 and then A2's can be mailed my way for Quad-ing... I have one or two A2's to get this boring treatment and heading my way to be modded (then I'll have photos of finished light)...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is probably "should have thought of" question, but is this mod for A2L or regular incandescent A2 or both?

A2L is basically LX2 (same body/tailcap, e-series head threads unlike A2 which has different) with different head... I'm not sure what the lens diameter of A2L is but I'm sure I can mod it with either quad or triple...

The only thing different from A2 modded to quad is that A2 body has more meat and is OK to bore to 18mm (tricky way but safe) while A2L (LX2) like all e-series head threads I'd recommend staying with thinner, 16mm cells (16650)...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you had a chance to compare the Khatod optics vs. the Carclo optics?.

I think I would love Khatod as they are deeper optics compared to Carclo and they would make sense in Z2X Quad mod I'm doing... Not really applicable for A2 as there is no room for such height...

However, didn't find any Khatod yet - I knew couple of places where I can get optics but not sure about PCB that would fit... remember, we want DTP, not old type, so we can push these LEDs with FET drivers (Mouser might have old type w/o DTP)...

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a lx2 on its way now for the Ultra with xpl hi utilizing the 2 stage tailcap..looking forward to using it!

46n2

Newly Enlightened
I hate to crush the awesome vibe here, but how bout my M-1!!!!!