• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT TripLED Surefire E-series incan bezel mod service

emu124

Enlightened
Tana's TripLED's ( E1e with XP-G2, E2e with Nichia 219) and their stock brothers :cool:

item.JPG

item.JPG

Bump for a great modders and one of the best guys in our hobby or anywhere else for that matter. Cheers to Tana!

+1

:thanks: Tana !

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys... :thumbsup:

Here's is my latest addition to my collection... to be upgraded to T1000 - as soon as I have some spare time...

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice setup Tana! If that had the head of the E1DL - T1000 modable - it would be perfect for me ;) Is the color match of the McTC as good as the picture suggests? Mine are a touch lighter compared to surefires HA-BK.

Eric

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice setup Tana! If that had the head of the E1DL - T1000 modable - it would be perfect for me ;) Is the color match of the McTC as good as the picture suggests? Mine are a touch lighter compared to surefires HA-BK.

Eric

Well... this is the thing... with the flash it appeared TOO light compared to the rest of the body... w/o flash it appears PERFECT match... the truth is that it's somewhere in-between - more towards great match than not... I love it - and I'm ultra picky guy... :)

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
And in addition to the beamshot comparsion of XP-G2 vs. XP-E2 I just added the red XP-E:

tripLED-xperot.jpg

tripled.gif

In a month or two I might be able to add a Nichia triple to the beamshots to complete the quadtruple.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DISCO !!!
Do you think I should order agreen and a blue triple as well to make the disco a bit more interesting ;) ?
When the Nichia is here I´ll reshoot the beamshot comparsion with all 4. I should add a view creatures and/or zombies for the red triple then :)

Eric

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you think I should order agreen and a blue triple as well to make the disco a bit more interesting ;) ?
When the Nichia is here I´ll reshoot the beamshot comparsion with all 4. I should add a view creatures and/or zombies for the red triple then :)

Eric

Hehehe... Zombie in the middle of the red beam in 4-slide gif... :lolsign:

Xmldriver

Enlightened
Man I need to pick up an e1e to send to Tana. Anyone got one lying around?!

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TNT Triple-219 or Triple-XPG2 E-series bezel modding service...

Tana, I've got an E2E I just bought and I'll be sending it your way for triple XP-E2 LEDs this summer :)

your modding services are the sole reason I bought the E2E!

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tana, I've got an E2E I just bought and I'll be sending it your way for triple XP-E2 LEDs this summer :)

your modding services are the sole reason I bought the E2E!

You won't be disappointed with the XP-E2 TripLED. My E2E with this mod is still one of my favorite lights.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

You won't be disappointed with the XP-E2 TripLED. My E2E with this mod is still one of my favorite lights.

thanks for posting this, I'm definitely looking forward to doing this after studying abroad!

So Tana, is this correct for when I do it (will be in June/July)?:
$120 3 x XPE2 R2 3C (5000K) pushed with KDv2 3.05A 2.5-4.5V linear driver
+$20 TripLED mk2 upgrade package
+$14 McClicky package
+$?? stainless steel shroud for tail

and when you say "modes per request," what exactly does that imply? I'm a single-mode kind of man myself 99% of the time

Thanks man!

YummyBacon!

Enlightened

Hey Guys, I received an email from Tana that he will be unavailable to reply for possibly 3-5 days.
As soon as he is home he'll catch up.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

tobrien, Tana is able to set the modes the way you like it. Single mode..... well at 3.05A you won´t be able to run it for long, short bursts only. Since you can have L-M-H as well as H-M-L I´d rather choose H-M-L (maybe H-L) in your case (though personaly I´d have it the other way round) so you can have your full throttle mode but still have the oportunity the run it on lower modes for a longer period of time.

Eric

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry guys, spent three days in hospital to do five tests and finally back in the saddle... today is rest and tomorrow continuing with modding/orders...

thanks for posting this, I'm definitely looking forward to doing this after studying abroad!

So Tana, is this correct for when I do it (will be in June/July)?:
$120 3 x XPE2 R2 3C (5000K) pushed with KDv2 3.05A 2.5-4.5V linear driver
+$20 TripLED mk2 upgrade package
+$14 McClicky package
+$?? stainless steel shroud for tail

and when you say "modes per request," what exactly does that imply? I'm a single-mode kind of man myself 99% of the time

Thanks man!

Eric, thanks for the help on the modes... Eric's right on the modes, I'd just add - stock config locks memory after 2 seconds... Customizing it can lower that to less than a second which serves much better so far... so picking any number of modes with or without memory is considered customizing the driver per request... be it 2-mode, 3-mode or 4-modes... as for single mode - it really is too much power for such a small package - I've ran it for 2 minutes and it gets hot that you skin fells it later on so I'd say super-safe time to use on high/turbo mode is 1 minute... thus I always recommend 3-modes which would serve as Low/High/Turbo meaning low and high to be safe for prolonged use and turbo for that 1 minute runtime... having a no memory and short reset for it would mean you'd be in desired high mode any time you want anyway...

And you're right on pricing... $140 for mk2 or $150 for mk3 (hidden components on the driver, cleaner build), $14 McClicky upgrade, $60 for stainless steel set (shroud and bezel ring)...

Maybe it was all ready covered, but can you do this to the KX1 head?

I was asked lots of times if it's possible and I always considered it not such a good idea as KL4 is much better candidate for either TripLED T1000 mod or mk3... the reason is - even if it would have a big additional aluminum heatsink behind cu-PCB it the heat would still have to be transferred to outer shell over - threaded area... thus I still consider that installing a orange-peel reflector and later version LEDs to be a better mod option for KX1/KX2/E1B/E2DL/etc heads...

Latest posts