• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TorchLAB V4 Triple LED drop ins - Full Boost, Thermal, and Voltage Regulation

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
good news.;)

Sale on the site for the end of February?

They are ready to install and Tom is ready to install them, but shipping has been varied, so there is no ETA. They could land in 1 week or 2, or 5. But in theory, yes.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like I just snagged the last neutral triple on the site. How many OTF lumens will I get with this 219 module on both a single and double 18650 setup?

Nite

Enlightened
I would love to see the a triple 3 level drop in with Memory!

I would most likely set it to Medium.......

Is memory possible with the boards you use?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Our boards have no memory option. But our boards are also custom, so it should be possible.

There's some debate as to the ideal mode memory behavior - what happens when you come back to the previous mode and then engage the next mode. Do you have a preference?

Nite

Enlightened
Well, It depends on the module. My personal preference would be a High Med Low that can be set on any level with memory. After memory turns off, High would be next on a H/M/L. So if I set memory on medium next would be high. If on low next high, and in that model it would come on high next anyway. Memory to High, low to high. Basically I am just adding a memory if turned off after the default interval to change levels has expired. Just so when I next turn it on the memory level is still set and the level is the same... all other functions would remain the same. (I wouldn't want to set memory to high though, as the next level would be high.... wouldn't want to have to hit Hi twice to get to medium)
Medium is my favorite in the 18350x2 size as this prevents heat buildup and The batteries last a lot longer, while not blinding myself in total darkness. In the 2x18500 and 18650x2 Sizes I prefer High as heat dissipation and battery life are both better. With a memory level I can use both as I want as the module moves about from host to host.

Conversely if the L M H model had memory the next level should be low. As this is the preference for that model anyway, still giving people a choice which is the Most used, or next most used, levels.

HML
Memory---->High--- Med --->Low---> High---->Med-->Low

LMH
Memory---> low ---> med ---> Hi ---> lo----> med---> hi

This should please most of the people most of the time. Memory is still just an option.

I cant wait to get a triple with 1600 lumens. Maybe one with memory so I can set it to medium, leave it, and still have the blinding wall of light on High in a P60 host if needed.

Studey

Newly Enlightened
Our boards have no memory option. But our boards are also custom, so it should be possible.

There's some debate as to the ideal mode memory behavior - what happens when you come back to the previous mode and then engage the next mode. Do you have a preference?

I think Oveready's light engines and sequences are PERFECT as is. I love always knowing what mode my light will come on in and being able to rely on it. My lights with memory periodically drive me crazy, as I often use the light for only a brief burst, not long enough to engage the memory, and then the light doesn't come back on at the level I want it to.

Mode memory is more convenient, but the programming you currently use is more reliable​, which is what I expect and love from Oveready.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Mode memory is more convenient, but the programming you currently use is more reliable​, which is what I expect and love from Oveready.

We concur and would only consider ways to add features - not taking away the no-mem setup in the process.

Last edited:

Maxbelg

Enlightened
I prefer not having a memory option. In my HDS lights I disabled the option. By the way I sent an e-mail a few days ago about changing my order: you guys must be very busy at the moment!

Shooter21

Enlightened
Does anyone know how long this drop in with the 219 LMH would run on the lowest setting using 2 3400mah 18650's? thanks

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Yeah, more LEDs are always more efficient, but the v4 is more about output. On that same 'low' setting with an XPG2, for example, that's a week at over 150L - higher than most light's high, just a few years ago.

Theoretically, the same setup pushing only 1L would run for months.

Shooter21

Enlightened
Yeah, more LEDs are always more efficient, but the v4 is more about output. On that same 'low' setting with an XPG2, for example, that's a week at over 150L - higher than most light's high, just a few years ago. Theoretically, the same setup pushing only 1L would run for months.
wow 1L would be awesome. luckily i have a hds twisty with an 18650 tube and it would probly run for like 45 days on one 3400 mah 18650.

Last edited: