Toughest EDC Folder?

roger-roger

Enlightened
My Hinderer XM 18's. Love them.

I really regret letting mine go.

Reading your posts I thought of ordering another, but have things changed? IIRC there were no employees, just him when I ordered mine. All that was needed was a letterhead or copy of documents to get on the short wait list. Couple months later, box in the mail. Happy knife owner. Done, done, and done. Now on the surface of a quick google search, I saw mostly a bunch of complaints which kind of curtailed my enthusiasm.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
One thing I think is that the original of anything is always better, in most cases anyway. Mine work fine but, yes there have been some complaints. Regardless, they will stand behind what they make, not like some knife makers I have bought from.

You our could try another, and sell it if it does not work for you.

roger-roger

Enlightened
One thing I think is that the original of anything is always better, in most cases anyway. Mine work fine but, yes there have been some complaints. Regardless, they will stand behind what they make, not like some knife makers I have bought from.

You our could try another, and sell it if it does not work for you.

Thanks, sorry for the late reply.

Was doing my due diligence yesterday, looking into ordering a ZT 562CF, but ended up ordering a Spyderco Gayle Bradley instead. Not sure exactly how that happened. :shrug:

Stang Bladeworks

Newly Enlightened
For that budget its hard to beat a cold steel recon 1, at least given your criteria. They come in multiple sizes and blade shapes so there should be one for everyone. Also they recently switched to s35vn which is a great steel. In fact its the same steel used on the sebenza you were eyeing. Its not as refined but its tough and light.