Travel and camping lights of choice

Poppy

Flashaholic
When I camp it is usually from Friday afternoon to Sunday Lunch time. My car is typically no more than a hundred yards away, so I might... might pack a lantern.

I'll typically bring one or two headlamps (Sofirn D25L)
one or two Convoy S2+ lights
and always my little CooYoo keychain light.

If my grandson comes along (he usually does) He'll bring a headlamp, and a Defiant 3C cell triple LED light stoked with an 18650 with an adapter. I'll also supply him with a S2+ with the boscottii driver, set at low with a diffuser that he can hang in the tent as a lantern/night light. I'll typically give him a solitaire or similar AAA light to throw into his pocket as a backup.

_-9GhC9uT6mjdhAX4m5UvFq847=w918-h933-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
So topic of the day for me is what light or lights to bring for general purpose travel and camping for a minimal pack. I'm not real specific on the trip itself I just know that I normally over pack on all type of gear... being CPF I also over pack lights. If I'm trying to trim all the fat, so to speak, what light or light combinations would you pick?

Myself, I always have my 1xAAA light on my keychain, currently a lumentop worm as. In addition to that I think my thrunite th20 headlamp would offer a good combination of utility and output vs runtime. Although its hard to leave something with the nice beam of my nichia 219 modded fenix L2T or 6p... or m31w C3....

What would be your minimum packing travel light?
@Buck91
I previously responded to your thread, reading only the title.

Now that I read your initiating post, requesting minimal lighting while traveling, my response would be different.

I always have my little cooyoo keychain light on me. That in and of itself would be my absolute minimum. However if I am traveling, away from my car, meaning that I flew somewhere, I'd likely pack a single AA light Eagtac D25a. OR a Sofirn D25L headlamp It takes a USB micro cable to internally recharge its 18650 battery.

The Hawk

Enlightened
I would take lights that all use the same type/size batteries. I would take extra batteries as well.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A thrower and a flooder or something adjustable with a wrist strap that can double as a nail/hook hanger device.
Spare primary batteries. Lithiums are lighter than alkalines and work better in cold. Maybe start out with a rechargeable but the primary doesn't need a recharge and does not have a trip circuit that may activate if the light is dropped.

Today there are lots of options for a light that can double as a lantern.