Tri-V Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Tri-V has not left my pocket. I have been playing with different settings. I'm like a kid in a candy store. Right now it's at; 1= low flood, 2= high flood, 3= med reflector, 4= high reflector, 5= high reflector with aspherical, 6= high aspherical.

I did show some friends over the weekend and they were like " all that from that little light".

This is light is great, I just need a spare now:nana:

Dave, Please enforce a 1 Tri-V per customer limit, at least until there are a few happy customers out there.
This will be the "Chipwillis Rule".:laughing:

Rudi

Enlightened
Whats the problem? Dave said that he'd keep building them as long as people want them.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do need a spare, however it will take me awhile to save for another one, so you all will be safe for a little while.:naughty:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm. Dave has mentioned that the Tri-V is most difficult to build and, whether he will keep building them...? Time will tell, time will tell.....:naughty:

Karl

Helicycle

Newly Enlightened
Maybe he'll offer a kit version later on and save the difficult assembly part for us!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh, heh, now there's an idea! We'll have to enroll in watching-making courses soon to anticipate such a possibility! I'm beginning to think a cross-section view of the Tri-V is approaching a Rolex in complexity! Yikes!! :eek:

Karl

scout24

Flashaholic
I'm thinking there may be minor "warranty" issues with a kit version...:ohgeez:Please keep the reviews and impressions coming folks, great reading!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, for this minute I'm tapped out for clever insights on the Tri-V.....I'll get my thoughts together soon enough but probably the only thing I can say is that Dave has spoiled me..and will spoil all others who are fortunate to acquire one of these incredible lights...the ultimate EDC....

Karl

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can totally relate. Whenever I buy toys like this, I have to double the price.

Dave, If I just happen to PREPAYPAL you 4 amounts of $500 each, it won't be as noticeable in our account, would that earn me any brownie points??

I also like the idea of PREPAYPAL installment....and I am serious.
Data, what you do think??

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys know I do not like to take pre payments. tanasit, please send me an email and we can talk about special cases. There are always possibilities. :)

The next five lights were complete two days ago but I have not decided on the sale date yet. I am still testing them and debugging a problem with ShortArc's light. It should not be long. The third batch is starting assembly as well.

There have been several refinements to the code as a result of the incredible information I have gotten from the testers. The UI is polishing up very nicely. I have been working on a UI flow chart and the videos too.

I admit that I have not been able to work on DaFABRICATA's cap mold yet but it is going to be done, there are just not enough hours in the day. :shakehead

:tinfoil:

Cheers
Dave

discoverEDC

Enlightened
DaFABRICATA, PM sent your way.

Data, the Tri-V is unobtanium for me but I have enjoyed reading the development thread from day one. You have advanced the state of the art, thank you. This will be tough to beat...

Beta testers, thanks for the impressions and pictures. More pictures please. If I can't own one I can drool over my screen :laughing:

Regards,
Walt

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sale of the first small batch of Tri-V lights will be on Wednesday the 5th (two days from now). :tinfoil:

The time of the sale will be just after 12:00 PM (noon) Eastern time, USA.

Please look here for more information tomorrow.

Cheers
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.