• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Triple Conversion pills for Mac's EDC series, and standard Tri pills for Mac's ++

bartko09

Enlightened
This is what I used in my test engine...

Driver
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_116&product_id=52

LEDs
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_106&product_id=325

Optic
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=68_69&product_id=62

Both pieces come with wires attached, so I removed one set. I'm just a hack, and used to wiring guitars and automotive stuff, not much small stuff. I actually wrecked my driver and made it into a 0ne mode :)

Best search other threads here for proper soldering techniques... :)

Hahaha I've done that also with the Qlite, Mick. Don't forget Richards anniversary sale ends today. [emoji6]

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
domestic (USA) packages go out today... International will go out Wednesday.

Attachments

• 1447674449625.jpg
    1447674449625.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
for those that have shipped out, I have tracking numbers with me, but not my other info needed to blast out messages to all. if you want your tracking number before this evening, PM me your City, State Zip, and I can send the tracking number to you....

Exeter354

Enlightened
Can anyone recommend a how-to for building this light engine?

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere, but I too would appreciate any guidance.

Would be great thank you..
could you post a w.i.p of your engine making?
Any step to step pictures?
I am not that much familiar with building a light engine

Can anyone help with this? Most of us have never built an engine before. If anyone who knows how to do this could provide a simple step by step for us, that would be so very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
Got mine today!! Nice hunka hunka chunka cu
:/)

awaiting my mountain electronics order now!!
I amped up the driver to 4a ish with guppy flash, triple xpl...
Question if anyone can advise...best way to attach the star to the slug? Arctic silver?

wolfstyle

Enlightened

Thanks, this will help alot.

I'll be going with Mountain Electronics for my parts and have couple questions.

For the LED's, I'm looking at going with the XP-L HI U4 4000k. They come pre-soldered in parallel. Is this the way they should be for this build? Or is series better?

For the Driver I'm going with the QLITE REV.A 7135*8 3.04A LED DRIVER - 17mm. I see you can increase the current up to 6 amps. Can the LED's handle the amps? Or the limiting factor is probably the batteries. Can IMR 16340 support that pull? what about IMR 18350?

Thanks for any answers that can be provided.
[h=1][/h]

IsaacL

Enlightened
Mine was waiting for me last night when I got home from work. Machining looks excellent.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should provide a really good heatsink for those wanting to really drive the led...

Last edited: