Tritium. Let's see what you have. Post Pics

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think your toe will be safe by contacting Pugga....

Toes don't go for very much on the black market-I think I'd be getting a great deal for those lights. Anyone want a pinky toe? :nana:

CKOD

Enlightened
DW triple P7 kit.
51d7ec74.jpg

not installed into the body yet, still waiting on some parts

e5a7944b.jpg

black light makes it pop.

barnesnet

Newly Enlightened
Firstly, lovely looking timepiece 'stockae92' I would be scared of getting it scratched.

Secondly, love the idea of these tritium mods, can you buy it specifically for modding or do you buy those keyrings and dismantle them?

Inatube

Newly Enlightened
@Shaynster:
I'm curious about your cube. Was the cube molded around the vials, or were holes drilled and the vials inserted? If they were inserted, what method (adhesive, plugs, etc.) was used to keep them in place?
I think it looks very nice!

ToyTank

Enlightened
Inatube: it was made with casting resin you can buy it at most hobby shops or online. Polyester resin with hardener.

Dave W. It is one of the components in a fusion or H bomb(deuterium or heavy hydrogen being other) Adding fusion fuel to a fission bomb increases efficiency.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inatube: it was made with casting resin you can buy it at most hobby shops or online. Polyester resin with hardener.

Dave W. It is one of the components in a fusion or H bomb(deuterium or heavy hydrogen being other) Adding fusion fuel to a fission bomb increases efficiency.

early bombs came with tritium and deuterium already installed as a booster

current weapons have a little tritium installed, but produce most of the tritium on-the-fly...
once the primary goes off the radiation from that
converts lithium into tritium (and other stuff) for the boost phase

there are many types of weapons design though

scott011422

Newly Enlightened
Maybe a little off topic, These pictures of Trits, Are these just simple pictures? or are you letting for very long exposers? I just recieved my first Trit in Ice blue 3mm x 24mm and I can hardly see it in a dark room. Its no where near as bright as the ones in these pictures......

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe a little off topic, These pictures of Trits, Are these just simple pictures? or are you letting for very long exposers? I just recieved my first Trit in Ice blue 3mm x 24mm and I can hardly see it in a dark room. Its no where near as bright as the ones in these pictures......

usually long exposures, or assisted with blue filters or uv light source

a 3mmx24mm ice blue should stand out well with dark adapted eyes, if it is really dim it may be old

but wake up in middle of night and it should be quite noticeable across the room

malakye666

Newly Enlightened
Well it's been a while but my love of Tritium has not fadded here are some new and an old fav piece. Again people show us what you have. Let's set up a tritium trading group, let me know what you think.
433476ec.jpg

8b113ff1.jpg

a0b6e24b.jpg

Last edited:

GaminKWB

Newly Enlightened

Still working on the design. my first order of Tritium only had one of any given color so I could check them out. Hence Rainbow Ring.

GaminKWB

Newly Enlightened
This look amazing! How are you making the ring?

Thanks. The ring is 3D-printed black plastic. My understanding is its the same material as LEGOs. Been wearing it every day and no damage to the trits yet.

Tlynhawk

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered from Shapeways haven't gotten them yet but great samples to choose.

Web link removed. New member posts will be monitored closely for web link postings to rule out spamming/shilling. Not saying that this is one of those.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator: