Tritium. Let's see what you have. Post Pics

malakye666

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a new 6 shooter all ice blue to replace a lost one (devastated !!!). In my opinion it's the best of the Trit fobs. Please post pics of your favorite trit fobs. Also i'm trying to find a trit supplier that sells large pieces aprox 50 x 3-4mm.
So come on show us your Trits.
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5392/lowtouchup.jpg

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love my six shooter
image.jpg

rfe959

Newly Enlightened
I've been in the dark most of my life. I've never seen of such art or craftsmanship. I'm envious.

Tofty

Enlightened
I've been working on some tritium rings, over the last six months or so.

It started with Ring III, an unwearable lump, designed to be printed in silver and hold 18 2×8mm vials. The band is 4mm thick and 12mm tall.
I never took it past the initial prototype stage for obvious reasons. Sections of carbon fibre rod were used as placeholders for the vials.

This evolved into the Ring VI, which uses the smaller and more available 2×6mm vials, a theme continued through all my later ring designs.
The ring is printed in silver and with a band that's only 2mm thick and 10mm tall, it's a much more wearable item.

However, the problem with using tritium and to an even greater extent screws is that they can't be scaled up and down easily. The last two rings have an internal diameter of 23mm, or a US 14 ring size, which is much larger than an average person would want. Scale the ring down so that it is a US size 8 or 9 and the relative sizes of the vials and screws would dominate the design, or not be able to fit at all. So I set about designing a simpler and more easily scalable ring, made as a single piece, which became Ring IX

For this ring, the vials are installed from the front then set and protected by a thick layer of Norland 61 adhesive. The ring above offers very little protection to the vials which was always a concern. This was also printed in silver.

This was also my first ring, designed to reflect as much of the vial's light as possible, out of the front of the ring.

After getting some feedback on the deign, I reduced the height and thickness of the ring's band further.

While designing the ring above, I played around with alternative designs and different ways of mounting the vials.
The next two rings have their vials installed from the top and both have added protection for the vials while not requiring to be potted like Ring IX.

Ring X has vertical bars, which protect the vials from impact while allowing as much view of the vials and their reflections as possible from multiple angles. Printed in silver.

Ring XI is my latest tritium ring, with a horizontal, vial protection bar, which adds more surfaces for the vial's light to reflect off. This one's printed in titanium.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I'm bumping this thread because the info re printing plastic, silver, titanium, etc.
Probably needs it's own thread, which I will start of it this thread drops off.

Bill

GaminKWB

Newly Enlightened
So if I understand correctly, you have some sort of 3D printer that can print in liquid silver and titanium? Amazing!

I'm bumping this thread because the info re printing plastic, silver, titanium, etc.
Probably needs it's own thread, which I will start of it this thread drops off.

My ring was designed using TinkerCAD (free online CAD software) and then the 3D file is exported to various vendors. The vendors have the machines capable of printing in plastics (like the home versions). The Silver is typically done by a machine making a wax version, then using lost-wax process. Titanium is (from my understanding) done by sintering (sp?) where they basically weld a layer of titanium powder with a laser, then add a layer of powder and then laser weld the next layer.

I only have my ring in my size, otherwise I would attempt to make it easy for people to buy the shell (and supply the tritium on your own).

bourza

Newly Enlightened
Very jealous of the collections you gents have. I'm a tritium virgin and would love to get into this. I'm seconding/thirding the idea of a separate sub forum for them.

being in Australia with our dollar sucking in comparison doesn't help either.

s4biturbo

Newly Enlightened
Here are some pics from a new project I'm working on called Ronin Metalwerks. We are currently making just this tritium lanyard bead called the Hotaru, out of Zirconium or Copper, but we have several others in the pipeline, some with and without tritium markers. thanks for looking!

20852115116_7eb40793e9_c.jpg

20689910790_f0dfd3d64b_c.jpg

20876958896_16f3f2ce7d_c.jpg

20282174513_e3abb67090_c.jpg

20715125360_46529770d9_b.jpg

20282177133_cdb7c96b8a_c.jpg

20716412269_eaf76f8125_b.jpg

Last edited:

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a tritaholic.
These are some old pictures.
I have many more now

I'm waiting for this to come..

I'm thinking about having this made with 5 ice blue trits.

Last edited:

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK One more
Steve Ku 2x tritium holder alm.

malakye666

Newly Enlightened
Really great stuff . The photo development of the trit ring is amazing. I really want one, and hope you don't give up. We have a great and supporting community here. Stacks of very cleaver people with endless knowledge. This would make an outstanding kick starter campaign. Thankyou so much I feel inspired. To all the members who have posted in this thread a very big cheers to you all.

Last edited: