Trits

pageyjim

Enlightened
Curious about some general information on trits. Do they dim over time, if so what can be expected etc? If they do, is it best to keep them in a dark place or if anything can be done to lengthen their lives. Thanks all!

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supposed to loose 1/2 brightness in 10 years I believe. Radioactivity (very very small amount) is what is going on for the brightness you see (that was poorly said).

I like mine for - spotting my flashlight on bedside table in hotel, on my keys so I can see them hanging up in dark or buried in my bag.

I don't think there is anything you can do to extend life. The Norland 61 that is typically used can be softened with a heat gun if you want to change them out.

pageyjim

Enlightened
Supposed to loose 1/2 brightness in 10 years I believe. Radioactivity (very very small amount) is what is going on for the brightness you see (that was poorly said).

I like mine for - spotting my flashlight on bedside table in hotel, on my keys so I can see them hanging up in dark or buried in my bag.

I don't think there is anything you can do to extend life. The Norland 61 that is typically used can be softened with a heat gun if you want to change them out.

Great, thanks for the informative quick reply!

ZzmadzZ

Newly Enlightened
Assuming its radioactive, will i be able to get it shipped over to from overseas me? Will the custom actually require me to declare it?

Thank you!

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
It very much depends on your local laws. Since you don´t show your location one could only speculate.
Tritium vials are shipped from one CPF member to another all the time though.

Eric