Tucson or Arizona gathering?

Empire

Banned
Re: Tucson-G.T.-9/15/2012-At-6:00PM-ALL-INVITED

Excuse me? Where is this coming from? Is this some kind of CPF rule, Tucson city ordinance or is it a personal EMPIRE request from San Diego?
It is park rules of which I THINK are backed by Tucson/Pima County laws.
NO NEED TO BE RUDE EITHER.

bstrickler

Enlightened

It is park rules of which I THINK are backed by Tucson/Pima County laws.
NO NEED TO BE RUDE EITHER.

Okay guys, lets please keep this calm. I don't care who came from where, as that's unrelated to the law. As far as we know, Empire may have an arsenal of his own, so it's inappropriate to accuse someone because of where they are from.

As for laws regarding the possession inside city parks, here's what I was able to find:

http://azstateparks.com/find/faq.html#q17
"Q: Is carrying a firearm legal in Arizona State Parks?
A: Carrying a firearm inside any of our park's buildings is restricted (ARS 13-3102). Secondly, Arizona State Parks Rule R12-8-119 can restrict the carrying of a weapon outdoors. We do not ban legally carried firearms per se, but we have the right to limit exposure in order to maintain a family friendly recreational environment. Discharging of any weapon is prohibited."

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=13805896

"Under a new law passed last year and signed by Governor Jan Brewer, Tucson's prohibition on guns in parks is no longer valid."

Posted: Jan 07, 2011 5:16 PM

http://www.pima.gov/nrpr/geninfo/rules.htm#sec1090
"
1.090 Firearms

It shall be unlawful to discharge firearms or other weapons in Pima County public parks except in designated Rifle Ranges or Pistol Ranges. (Res. 2000-3, § 2, 2000)"

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/const/2/26.htm

Article 2, Section 26 in the Arizona Constitution states:

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men."

I am not a lawyer, so I am not at fault if one is arrested for breaking some unknown law, but it seems to be that State law dictates that A) Lawful citizens are allowed to carry firearms without restriction, and B) State law dictates that lawful firearm possession is allowed in PUBLIC parks.

Also, City ordinance 10869 repeals city code 21-3(5)(2), which means the possession of firearms inside city parks is now permissable.

Empire

Banned

Okay guys, lets please keep this calm. I don't care who came from where, as that's unrelated to the law. As far as we know, Empire may have an arsenal of his own, so it's inappropriate to accuse someone because of where they are from.

As for laws regarding the possession inside city parks, here's what I was able to find:

http://azstateparks.com/find/faq.html#q17
"Q: Is carrying a firearm legal in Arizona State Parks?
A: Carrying a firearm inside any of our park's buildings is restricted (ARS 13-3102). Secondly, Arizona State Parks Rule R12-8-119 can restrict the carrying of a weapon outdoors. We do not ban legally carried firearms per se, but we have the right to limit exposure in order to maintain a family friendly recreational environment. Discharging of any weapon is prohibited."

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=13805896

"Under a new law passed last year and signed by Governor Jan Brewer, Tucson's prohibition on guns in parks is no longer valid."

Posted: Jan 07, 2011 5:16 PM

http://www.pima.gov/nrpr/geninfo/rules.htm#sec1090
"
1.090 Firearms

It shall be unlawful to discharge firearms or other weapons in Pima County public parks except in designated Rifle Ranges or Pistol Ranges. (Res. 2000-3, § 2, 2000)"

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/const/2/26.htm

Article 2, Section 26 in the Arizona Constitution states:

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men."

I am not a lawyer, so I am not at fault if one is arrested for breaking some unknown law, but it seems to be that State law dictates that A) Lawful citizens are allowed to carry firearms without restriction, and B) State law dictates that lawful firearm possession is allowed in PUBLIC parks.

Also, City ordinance 10869 repeals city code 21-3(5)(2), which means the possession of firearms inside city parks is now permissable.
Thanks. I guess I should get my license for practicing law revoked.
Although I wouldn't have 10's of firearms lying on the table. Haha

bstrickler

Enlightened

Thanks. I guess I should get my license for practicing law revoked.
Although I wouldn't have 10's of firearms lying on the table. Haha

Nah, just do some research on things you're unsure of. I learned that a little while ago. It can be your friend.

Good. They look better on the wall than the table! :grin2:

Speaking of which, I'll have to remember to bring my weaponlights.

Last edited:

Empire

Banned

Nah, just do some research on things you're unsure of. I learned that a little while ago. It can be your friend.

Unfortunately, I am not 21 YET so I am unable to LEGALLY purchase firearms.
Although sometimes I do :D

Empire

Banned

Although sometimes I buy toy ones :crackup:

Last edited:

bstrickler

Enlightened

Although sometimes I do :D

Actually, in Arizona, if you are an Arizona resident, you are able to legally purchase firearms at 18, whether it be long arms or handguns. Handguns can only be purchased via private party, though (i.e. I can sell a handgun to you, but you can't go to a store and buy one), and not through an FFL dealer. The catch to that, is that you either A) have to get into reloading, or B) have a friend over the age of 21 purchase ammo for you.

Empire

Banned

Actually, in Arizona, if you are an Arizona resident, you are able to legally purchase firearms at 18, whether it be long arms or handguns. Handguns can only be purchased via private party, though (i.e. I can sell a handgun to you, but you can't go to a store and buy one), and not through an FFL dealer. The catch to that, is that you either A) have to get into reloading, or B) have a friend over the age of 21 purchase ammo for you.
I'm not 18 either

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA

On that note, here's a little something I'm being forced to re-learn far more often than I'd like-- it pays to do a little research even on things you think you're sure of before you post. Laws change while you're not looking, new facts come into evidence, and memory can play tricks on you. :shakehead

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Tucson gathering-September 15th

Well, looks like I'm going to have to bow out. Cost me $95 to fill my truck up this week and money just isn't there. Bummed; I actually had some stuff I think you would have liked, and I know there will be things there that I want too. Not to mention I was really looking forward to meeting like minded people haha. Hopefully next time.

bstrickler

Enlightened
Re: Tucson gathering-September 15th

Well, looks like I'm going to have to bow out. Cost me $95 to fill my truck up this week and money just isn't there. Bummed; I actually had some stuff I think you would have liked, and I know there will be things there that I want too. Not to mention I was really looking forward to meeting like minded people haha. Hopefully next time.

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully you can come down next time, and maybe get a few others in the Phoenix area to come down (assuming we don't have a meeting/gathering up there next time).