Ultrafire 502B - broke clip and tail cap spring - How to fix?

maxsutter

Newly Enlightened
The spring for the tail cap fell off and I broke the clip for the flashlight -

suggestions on the cheap way to fix the cheap light?

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked my 501B (which is probably similar). I don't have a clip, so I don't know what yours looks like. You could probably buy one somewhere. The spring on mine is soldered onto the switch. Use a pair of tweezers or very small long-nose pliers and unscrew the aluminum retaining ring inside the tailcap. Resolder the spring, and your light should work again. I've replaced a few switches sourced from here and there and made them fit various flashlights. That, too is a possibility.

Conical springs are hard to come by. I save springs from dead flashlights & SureFire lamps. You could buy a cheap switch online and transfer the spring to your light.

Last edited:

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have just had a look on Ebay and the Ultrafire WF-502B is available with a Cree Q5 for £6-99 including postage or with an XRE-R2 for £6-49 including postage ... Rather than mess about with the broken one , it might be easier to buy a new one ... You could keep the old one for spares or until you can repair it at your leisure ... You might be able to get a WF-502B even cheaper if you bid for one.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
the spring is lost - where do you reccomend I go to pick up another?
I haven't a clue where you live you could be in Antarctica for all I know but a hardware store may have some springs or find an old remote control and scavenge a spring out of it. If you have a dollar store you could even buy a junk incan light for the spring.

Quest4fire

Enlightened
You can buy a pack of five (5) replacement switches that will fit your light at Dealextreme for $1.94 (SKU# 5632). If you don't want to wait a month for them to arrive, and you live in the US, pm me and I will send you one.