Updating my Fire~Fly 2 to modern specs

Deanster

Enlightened
hi all - I've got a Fire~Fly 2 that's almost a perfect light, but was never quite right with the optics. It's got the Hi/Lo module in the tail, also.

I'd really like to give it an update with a current LED and reflector.

Recommendations?

I found this thread with a reflector suggestion https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/161256&highlight=firefly

and I seem to remember that the firefly just uses a standard sammich, which is easily swappable, but I'd like to confirm before doing anything about it.

Thanks!

83Venture

Enlightened
I have one of the Fire~Fly 2s also. Nice light but it has the most green output of any light I have ever purchased, I leave it in my bag as a backup and hardly ever use it. Will be watching to see what suggustions come up. :popcorn:

fleegs

Enlightened
Sometimes the Shoppe has some light engines available for the FF (I bought a MM lite). I have not heard of them using a P4 or plans to do so.

I used the IMS17 mod in mine. I think they may be at the Shoppe also. I used a razor blade to etch the plastic to break of a big part that had to be removed. Then I used a file (leatherman) to take it down the rest of the way. Its a little tricky (slow) but not bad.

Good luck.

rob

Deanster

Enlightened
Thanks guys - any more suggestions for 'best bets', or other successful upgrades for a FF2?